Interesting read indeed. I don't agree with everything, but he still got a bunch of good points.
Posts by Zacker
-
-
Quote from Steppenwolf
let me try to say it in a more constructive way. IMHO it would be good if people who are new to the moddingscene would search for a similar project and find out if they could form a team together with the other guys because very often they are newbies too with exactly the same targets.Everybody would profit from it and the chance that one of the many projects will see the light of day would raise.
I really agree with this.
Quoteif u want to have experience leading a mod, then make ur own, but if u want experience in anything else, join an existing mod with some more experienced ppl.
If you want experience leading a mod, then working your way up is also an option.
-
Are you like hinting at the cliffside missions in HL1 where there were plenty of thoose?
-
Congrats Norway!
-
Lol yeah, I actually downloaded the last one, dumb me.
-
I think that you should add some more media to your site before starting to recruit. No pix no clix.
Using a picture from HL2 instead of from your own mod as a topbanner is not exactly cool.
-
Uhm yes? I don't get it...
-
I was wondering what grid size you guys usually work in.
-
I had the exact same problem, so it is probably not just your computer.
-
Some pipes following it down, like below, would be cool:
[Blocked Image: http://www.alandonfire.com/photos/images/pipes.jpg]
-
Yup, doing something about the dam-wall itself and the orange squares is also a really good idea.
-
Mazy: Cool to see that you still have a shortcut to System Shock 2 on your desktop!
Delaz: Good style;)
-
Every single area of your media section says "Coming soon". You are more than lucky if this makes just a single poor mapper join your team...
-
Wow, this map has come a long way!
-
Seems like I got to watch this trailer, downloading now:)
Yup, the trailer was pretty kick ass. At least much better than the old screenshots.
-
SoW2 progress
Sands of War 2 is coming along great, especially on the coding front. The second milestone has just been released to the team. It does already support the following features:
- Teams
- Classes
- SoW classic gameplay
As you can see we already got the whole gameplay from SoW1 coded in! The new flag capture system has also been improved a lot compared to the one in SoW1.
There are also some other stuff in it, but it is too early to talk about for now. Further info will be released as we approach the release.
Sands of War 2 fgd
The first public version of the SoW2 fgd was released some days ago. Before I could get to post the news we already had a new version ready:)
The fgd is needed when you create SoW2 maps, so now the mapping can really begin! Be sure to inform all your fellow mappers that they should start mapping for SoW2!
The fgd changelog and download can be found here:
http://sandsofwar.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=258
If you want a job as level designer on the SoW team, then you can find more info here:
-
Woops, seems like I quoted myself instead of editing. Sry.
-
-
I saw it at the world premiere a few days ago:) It was for sure better than the two previous, but that don't tell much.
Yeah, it was a shame that we did not see more of Natalie Portman's great talent. She was far better in the two others.
I am not sure of how much I like the movie. It seemed very different from the other movies. It was more intense and there did not go many minutes without action. Also the side kicks and other non crucial stuff did not get much attention. In The phantom Menace they used a lot of time on Jar Jar Binks, pod racing, etc.
-
Well ray tracing can for sure give better results than thoose. It is used in all big renders such as Brazil. Looks nice enough to me:
[Blocked Image: http://www.splutterfish.com/sf/spluttergallery/pics/375.jpg]