Yes it matter what engine the game is using. It is not as much what engine that runs the gfx, etc., but rather what phycics engine it is using. Algor answered it pretty well:)
Posts by Zacker
-
-
Looks very good!
-
Lol yeah, that is quite a cool intro movie.
-
Yup, you really should finish it:)
-
That looks very wierd Dann0! How did you manage to get asphalt and ground that unrealistic? It is not like it is ugly or bad crafted, but it just don't look right to me.
-
Damn, that is simply as low as you can get! I can't believe that this guy got over 400 posts at Egir's forum without being kicked out.
The guy is calling map editors for "map generators", that would be enough proof...
I have informed Egir about it.
-
Sorry, but I don't get the idea of taking pics of something with a cam when the game has a built in feature to do it?
-
Quote from MrH2o
exuse my newbish question but what does RAM does for good in games ? faster loading times ? more physics handling ? And I also wanna know what that comp sounds like ? must be like an jetplane
The fps difference between having 1024 instead of 512 mb in CS:Source is 0. As long as the game don't utilize more than e.g. 512 mb of ram, then it don't matter. If however it does and you only have 512 mb of ram, then it will begin using the swap file on the hdd instead. The hdd is 10-100 times slower than memory, so that results in an fps drop.
It is about the same with loading times. If it has to load stuff into the swap file instead of the ram then the load time is increased.
-
Uhm, I am pretty sure you could do that?
-
That wooden floor texture looks nice indeed!
-
Quote from mike-0
zacker, youre not a featured artist, in fact your maps are fugly. so take out your avatar.also, yea, im really worried about my reputation.
Do you want a cookie for noticing the non-existiant "spotlight member" text above my avatar or did you just want to show that you are too retarded to stick to a topic? Discussions about my titles and my maps does not belong in this thread.
-
It's lame to discuss, that's for sure...
-
Mike-O: They are probably two different models.
TWTW: Hmm yeah. It is Havoc that drives Source, but according to Valve they also did a good bunch of work on the phycics. "With Havok it was really tough, without it would have been impossibl" -Valve.
-
Sounds like a cool contest theme! If it just had been HL1 then I could have submitted my Prixun.
Last years entries were really well made, so I am looking forward to this years maps!
-
I came to think about another issue, which still exists in many games: Menu/text/hud size not having the same size in different resolutions. Already at 800*600 the HL2 menu is blown up over almost the entire screen and below it is even worse. I can't believe that this problem still exists.
Quote from FrieChamp
A quick save feature was added in patch 1.2W00t, love ya Crytek!
-
Quite a monster you got assembled there!
I don't have them money for a single 6800:P -
Sensee is right. It is the localized damage which is cool. Source can handle the end part, but it will cause a major fps drop.
-
I like it. This does not look like yet another subway station, which is good.
-
Seems like an interresting project. I am however worried about the amount of textures. The memory requirements will be high if every mapper use different textures.
Quote from CampaignjunkiePeople, people! There's more than enough Campaignjunkie to go around! One at a time please, and no pushing!

LOL:D
-
1. I don't have a problem with the AI in Doom3. The rooms are small and there are not many things to cover behind, so the lacking don't really matter.
2. A brand new gametype would be cool. I am not too sure of it should be one of thoose he suggest though.
3. More ingame gfx would be nice.
4. More nipples would be nice.
5. I have yet to meet a woman.
6. Yup, save points suck. FarCry did not give you the option to the save the game and even with a such great game it was still disturbing.
7. I have absolutely no problem with some loading. Long loading times should however not occour for menus or such. Watching corporate logos sucks.
10. I don't get while he like the ridiculus magic force shield in HL2. Or maybe he was being ironic?
14. Crates are indeed a clear sign of lacking level design talent.