1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Zacker

Posts by Zacker

  • The gloomy modification hmm?

    • Zacker
    • July 7, 2005 at 12:00 PM

    I did not know this mod before, but I just surfed a little to find some info about it. I must say this sounds A LOT like NS. Damn, I thought they had invented it all by themselfs in NS...

    Anyways, Gloom sounds really cool so if you can make a mod like then then I think you got a pretty good mod. There are however a lot of other guys who are doing the same for Source. The NS team of course does it, but so do many others.

    I think that you have a very good chance if you make it a mod for FarCry or UT2k4. Doom3 probably got too many marines vs. aliens already.

  • Block LOS material

    • Zacker
    • July 7, 2005 at 11:51 AM

    Is the tools/toolsblock_los the material you use to block vis in Source? Like the @ textures for HL1.

  • SIN2 to be released via Steam

    • Zacker
    • July 7, 2005 at 10:30 AM
    Quote from Kosmo

    It could be like a TV show, you pay monthly and developer release a new chapter or "episode" for you to play every week, or something like that.

    The idea is good, but I doubt that any game dev can have a new area/chapter ready each week. That would also result in crunch time each and every day:D

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Zacker
    • July 7, 2005 at 10:28 AM

    Looks great Erratic, I like the grey style. As ferret mentioned it could improve the first shot a lot by having some buildings at other heights.

  • Insomniac Games placed third among top 50 companies~

    • Zacker
    • July 6, 2005 at 8:00 PM

    Lol, typical RD-style story:D

    Back on topic it is good to see a game dev company in the list. Game design does not exactly have the reputation to be a good place to work...

  • de_battleship

    • Zacker
    • July 6, 2005 at 7:58 PM

    Looks good and like a typical Bluestrike WIP map:) The style is there and so is all the basic brushwork - it is very clean.

    The deck of the ship looks a little repetitive with this same blue texture all over. I think you should use another variant for the weapons.

  • Google Earth - Mapcore Members

    • Zacker
    • July 5, 2005 at 11:13 AM
    Quote from User Err0r

    Everyone added except:Zyndrome: can't find

    Zacker: can't find (is there an english spelling of Rødding, or a replacement set of characters for ø?)

    You can try with "Roedding" instead.

  • SIN2 to be released via Steam

    • Zacker
    • July 4, 2005 at 10:03 PM
    Quote from skdr

    It was meant to be funny not agressive and attacking post. Sorry if it felt like it, I just had to post that image with that quote :>

    Yeah sorry, I was probably a bit bitchy because of some other stuff with that pic. My apologies.

    Quote

    Even though it has its share of flaws, then its still an awesome shooter when its patched up n working.

    Yep, did you also try the expansion? It really added most of what there was missing in the original Sin.

    Quote

    Anyway, steam, okay, uhmm yeah i like whatever

    Nice diplomatic sentence:)

  • SIN2 to be released via Steam

    • Zacker
    • July 4, 2005 at 8:07 PM

    Finally other firms than Valve are beginning to use Steam. I am wondering why this have not happened before.

    Yeah, Steam is buggy and crappy in many ways, but is for sure a good idea. Distributing content over the net without having to involve the usual publishers and distributers is THE future imo.

    I am pretty sure Valve is going to add some kind of p2p distribution to Steam someday. They could spare quite a bunch of money by having content distributed through p2p instead of the cs way. I guess that p2p was also the reason why they brought in Bram Cohen. Being without him now is probably the reason why it takes so long.

    Yep, the Source engine is outdated. When working with it I often feel more limited than I did with the HL engine.

  • Google Earth - Mapcore Members

    • Zacker
    • July 4, 2005 at 7:26 PM

    Zacker

    6630 Rødding, Denmark.

  • Next Gen GTA MMOG??!!

    • Zacker
    • July 2, 2005 at 2:27 PM

    I think that a MMO GTA would be cool. GTA already got the big living worlds, so it would fit.

  • New Unreal 3 Screenshot O_O

    • Zacker
    • July 1, 2005 at 5:07 PM

    I love most of the UT and UT2k4 maps, they own most other maos too hard. They are much better made than e.g. the hl2sp maps imo.

  • Looking For A Mapper

    • Zacker
    • June 30, 2005 at 11:13 AM

    Yeah, that also came to my mind when I read what he said then saw the us ranger.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Zacker
    • June 30, 2005 at 11:12 AM

    I like those HLR:S shots! Seems pretty good for WIP map. I also hope that you guys make the maps significant nicer than the HLR ones, they had like no detail and yet high r_speeds.

  • Valve Developer community wiki launches

    • Zacker
    • June 29, 2005 at 6:13 PM

    Quite a change from the old SrcSDK. The news about a new mod expo is also one of things which excite me the most.

  • cs_logistic_assault_rc2

    • Zacker
    • June 29, 2005 at 6:09 PM

    I like it and I don't mind that they kept the same size. I must also say that you are incredible fast at making maps!

  • Job ~~

    • Zacker
    • June 29, 2005 at 6:06 PM

    Congrats Evert!~~~~~~~!

    Ghost Recon 3 is indeed a cool game to work on:)

  • Toilets in gaming history

    • Zacker
    • June 29, 2005 at 6:02 PM

    This is what I always have been looking for...

  • Game Development Camp

    • Zacker
    • June 27, 2005 at 8:02 PM

    Sounds great Dann0! Getting paid for doing level design stuff is really a dream for me. One of the guys at Aalborg University also suggested that I should be the one teaching level design there:)

  • I'd like to see Mapcore grow.

    • Zacker
    • June 27, 2005 at 4:14 PM
    Quote from FrieChamp

    I think we should simply make mazy.net our frontpage.

    Good idea, then I doubt there would be any more talk about "lack of news":D

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™