Surprisingly great visuals considering that this is the first time you release pictures of your first HL2 map!
Posts by Zacker
-
-
-
HL renders lighting in a lightmap and not in the texture itself?
-
Congrats Chris! I do not really understand what you job is about though.
-
I love the Augustus Gloop one by Danny Elfman, it is damn cool:)
-
That guy is for sure sick in his head.
-
Quote from |FRITZ|
How was that not constructive.:roll: He clearly ask how to create shaders.
Didn't ask how to use them. So If he didn't get the hint. He needs to learn c.
C is for sure not the language to learn for shaders, you are maybe thinking of Cg?
Quoteafaik, shaders are written in hlsl, half-life shader language. i think theres also cg, which is nvidias shader language.
Yes shaders can be written in HLSL, but it stands for High Level Shader Language:)
-
-
Learn the DX9 SDK and the HLSL language, then you should be able to do it.
-
Looks as great as expected KFS! It is visible that this is the D3 engine, but I like what you did to not make it look like a clone. The textures and not so dark lighting fits it well.
Regarding the almost pitch black ceiling, I do not really like that. It is not that bad here, but in D3 there was really a bunch of places which were just pitch black and looking disgusting. Just as the cables in HL2, they are also pitch black which also sucks big time.
-
Is it normal that they include game engine technology in the console SDKs?
-
Ohh man, this is not logical. When I heard of that the ESRB was going to investigate it, I just thought that this was yet another one of these crazy american law suits which they never are going to win. Appearently this is one of those crazy american law suits which they actually win.
-
-
http://www.digitalartistmanagement.com <--- a little more info there. I have not heard of them before, but their list of clients is impressive.
-
Quote from TomWithTheWeather
So I was right! It is actually a cheese.
-
This effect is however already activated as standard. The default smoothing value is 50, which I don't see any need for changing. The -smooth parameter is just for changing this value.
-
Last one looks better for sure. They both need less repetition and more colour shifts and other detail. A slight twirl maybe?
-
-
PHL comments are always there for a good laugh:)
-
What about trying another compiler build?
The many last releases of ZHLT have been more or less bugged. We want Merl or Sean back, they could code proper compilers:)