1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Zacker

Posts by Zacker

  • IN THIS THREAD I WILL ANSWER YOUR SOURCE QUESTIONS

    • Zacker
    • September 12, 2005 at 6:07 PM

    The VMT's for my skies in SoW2 look like this:

    Quote

    "UnlitGeneric"{

    // Original shader: BaseTexture

    "$basetexture" "skybox/prariebk"

    "$nofog" 1

    $ignorez 1

    }

    Display More

    I am not sure how technically correct it is, but it works fine ingame.

  • Ultimate Duck Hunting Artwork

    • Zacker
    • September 12, 2005 at 3:23 PM

    It is visible that it's the old Torque engine, but I think the art work is fine. Cool enough with the lead position:)

  • Birthstar: Frontline [animators]

    • Zacker
    • September 12, 2005 at 3:19 PM

    Concept sketches and unskinned models is not much to show, but still much better:)

  • Offering "some modeling" for a dedicated mod

    • Zacker
    • September 12, 2005 at 3:18 PM

    Yeah I was too late:/

  • dm_snowblind

    • Zacker
    • September 12, 2005 at 3:17 PM

    Uhm no it did not look kick-ass:D

  • Birthstar: Frontline [animators]

    • Zacker
    • September 11, 2005 at 4:59 PM

    With a such cool history, great visuals and all the other info you gave us, then I am sure you will find plenty of animators...

  • new website work WIP...

    • Zacker
    • September 11, 2005 at 4:57 PM

    Seems like that this will be a very cool website:)

  • Character modeling with edit poly?

    • Zacker
    • September 10, 2005 at 2:44 PM

    I always use edit poly, but I am not really sure of the differences between it and edit mesh.

  • some wallpapers ive made

    • Zacker
    • September 9, 2005 at 6:15 PM

    They look good yeah, but as the others said also too yellow/saturated.

  • games that seem to make time fly by!

    • Zacker
    • September 9, 2005 at 10:58 AM

    Lol yeah nothing betas getting a frag in your own map or game:)

  • Guess the map!

    • Zacker
    • September 9, 2005 at 10:56 AM

    Cs_rats?

  • What game started it for you?

    • Zacker
    • September 9, 2005 at 10:55 AM

    I really don't remember which games that started it for me. We got our first computer when I was 5 and I was hooked on gaming from the beginning. I can't really remember much of what I did when I was 5-6 years old and therefore not the games either:/

    Some of the oldest games I can remember playing is Simfarm, Simcity and Wolfenstein 3d.

  • Offering "some modeling" for a dedicated mod

    • Zacker
    • September 9, 2005 at 10:48 AM

    Yep, it looks good - you will have PM in your inbox soon:)

  • Scripting in Source

    • Zacker
    • September 8, 2005 at 8:53 PM

    There is no scripting in Source as far as I know. There are some files called "scripts" located in /scripts, but they are more like a cfg and don't really got much to do with scripting.

    When I started mapping then I was also surprised by realizing that you could not even get to touch just one of line of the code. Today I have kinda gotten used to that HL/Source is outdated, so it don't really bother me anymore.

  • fy_cawkpawd

    • Zacker
    • September 7, 2005 at 6:32 PM
    Quote from Jezpuh
    Quote

    In hl2world.com this map would be off the hook

    Quote

    you should make a mapper together with the guy that made quiapo_bridge2

  • gooldin aizez

    • Zacker
    • September 7, 2005 at 6:27 PM

    Someone must really love Doom2 and Goldeneye:D

  • [Source] Editing the create server content

    • Zacker
    • September 6, 2005 at 6:53 PM

    When making a new mod based on the CSS source, then you get a create game menu with bot options, CS as server name and all such CSS stuff. Where can I change this?

  • A robot model

    • Zacker
    • September 6, 2005 at 6:39 PM

    It looks pretty cool.

  • Phases in game development - From idea to design

    • Zacker
    • September 5, 2005 at 6:22 PM

    Thx for the comments.

    Quote from Skjalg

    whats it doing there?

    The last picture shows a dried out military harbor now residing in the desert. It is one of the new maps in SoW2 beta 2.

  • Phases in game development - From idea to design

    • Zacker
    • September 5, 2005 at 11:42 AM

    For the service and communication subject in school we had to hold a 15 minute speech about a subject which interests us. I did of course pick game design, more specificly the phases involved.

    It's in danish, but you will probably understand some of it regardless of if speak danish or not.

    Powerpoint presentation:

    http://thefuture.dk/skole/sok/Faser%20i ... 20spil.ppt

    Script:

    http://thefuture.dk/skole/sok/15%20minu ... skript.doc

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™