1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Zacker

Posts by Zacker

  • totally random texture thread

    • Zacker
    • September 20, 2005 at 3:49 PM

    Bricks should for sure be bump mapped, as Klein says you just need to be very careful if you also want to apply a spec map.

  • Remaking Xen Textures

    • Zacker
    • September 20, 2005 at 8:20 AM
    Quote from von*ferret

    they should've just focused on releasing a hl1 and not a hl2 in my opinion, a lot of people on the NW team now doesn't have complete work.

    I really agree on that. If they had not shifted to Source, then we could maybe have the HL1 version done by now. Instead they got nothing done and I am beginning to loose my respect for them, at least the way it is being lead.

  • CryEngine2 techdemo

    • Zacker
    • September 20, 2005 at 8:16 AM
    Quote from Kosmo

    I'm just crusious, why Cryengine has had so little publicity, didn't anyone actually license the engine? I don't know all the specs of it, but what I know about Source, I'd rather license Cryengine than Source, especially when I was doing a game where you have to see far and have alot of enemies and vegetation, Source just seems to hog resources when there are alot of things happening on the screen.

    I have been wondering that too, why haven't we heard of any other games based on the CryEngine?

  • CryEngine2 techdemo

    • Zacker
    • September 19, 2005 at 9:16 PM

    I never believed that Crytek would be able to actually get their game done with such great graphics. They proved me wrong and released a kickass game with an incredible engine, total respect for that.

    If CryEngine2 is going to be as cool as the first one, then I will be satisfied:)

  • Remaking Xen Textures

    • Zacker
    • September 18, 2005 at 9:06 PM

    Sa74n: NW still looks extremely sexy, it is incredible sad that it seem to have died out.

  • totally random texture thread

    • Zacker
    • September 18, 2005 at 9:04 PM

    Jack: Your water texture is quite special, it looks more like a piece of art than a texture to me. Danno pretty gave the c&c, you got way too many geometric shapes and your the water texture itself means nothing compared to the shader. A lot of the water textures in HL2 is purple and such because they don't have much effect on the ingame effect, at least not in the way we are used to.

  • Street Light

    • Zacker
    • September 17, 2005 at 10:50 AM

    2400 is still in teh high end for a street lamp, at least if its for current gen games.

  • Almost done palm model

    • Zacker
    • September 17, 2005 at 10:20 AM

    Mike, I did not follow any tutorials, but check out this topic:

    http://mapcore.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3288

    Thx Phillip and KIIIA, I will try that.

  • Ultimate Duck Hunting Artwork

    • Zacker
    • September 17, 2005 at 10:16 AM

    New skybox is better, but there is still too much purple imo.

  • any one got any tree tutorials?

    • Zacker
    • September 17, 2005 at 10:12 AM

    I just make some cylinders and move the vertices around.

  • Almost done palm model

    • Zacker
    • September 16, 2005 at 4:45 PM

    You mean with transparent stuff in the leaves? I know that that would be better, but I have no idea of how to do that. I am not the best texture artist and I am not sure of how to define invisible parts in Source model skins.

  • Damn it's cold

    • Zacker
    • September 16, 2005 at 10:04 AM

    Yep, this morning it was damn cold outside. It was around 6-7 degrees, but it felt more like as if it was freezing.

  • Almost done palm model

    • Zacker
    • September 16, 2005 at 10:01 AM

    Thx for the comments and the reference pictures.

  • Almost done palm model

    • Zacker
    • September 15, 2005 at 3:40 PM

    I am now almost done with my palm model. All modelling and texturing by me. Currently on 252 polygons, but it should end on around 500-600 when all I attach all leaves.

    [Blocked Image: http://thefuture.dk/1/palm.jpg]

    Note, this is my first gmax model.

  • iPod nano

    • Zacker
    • September 15, 2005 at 2:44 PM

    Uhm my creative muvo is still smaller and it can also fit directly in the USB drive...I don't really get what this "impossible small" bs is about when there are 100 smaller players out there.

  • Game boy micro!

    • Zacker
    • September 14, 2005 at 2:24 PM

    Gameboys are not cool...

  • Low Poly Building

    • Zacker
    • September 13, 2005 at 8:03 PM
    Quote from insta

    You can use brushes as well. Pretty sure the buildings in the skybox in de_dust are brushes.

    You can use brushes yes, but most of the de_dust skybox stuff are models.

  • Your Top5 game developers

    • Zacker
    • September 13, 2005 at 8:02 PM

    I have not really thought much about exactly which company I would like to work for as I am pretty certain that I am going to love it regardless which of them it's going to be.

    Crytek. They made FarCry one of the most well made games ever created imo. That game simply did most of what you always had dreamed of being able to do in a videogame.

    IO Interactive. They are danish and make great games like Hitman and Freedom Fighters. The true reason is of course that they got the great Mazy:D

    Epic Games: UT and UT2k4 perfected the MP FPS.

    Remedy. MP1&MP2 are some really great games in terms of everything from story to graphics and they are just plain fun to play.

    Deadline Games. They are danish and Total Overdose looks pretty cool.

  • Sands-of-War is recruiting

    • Zacker
    • September 13, 2005 at 11:49 AM

    We are currently recruiting for basicly all possible positions, even lead positions. If you like any area of game development, then be sure to pm me.

  • Low Poly Building

    • Zacker
    • September 12, 2005 at 6:09 PM

    Simple, but it does it's job:)

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™