1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Zacker

Posts by Zacker

  • de_corse

    • Zacker
    • October 22, 2005 at 4:37 PM
    Quote from Dark

    Model looks great. Its to bad that hl2 is so outdated that you can not create that with brushwork.

    Yeah nice work but it is really bitchy that you need to get out of Hammer to create such stuff.

  • F.E.A.R running so-so

    • Zacker
    • October 22, 2005 at 1:30 PM

    Same experience here. Either it looked bad or else it ran bad:/

  • Tree model done

    • Zacker
    • October 21, 2005 at 9:34 PM
    Quote

    It could use some work where the wood and the leaves meet each other. That looks too simple right now. Other than that, I think it's fine.

    Yeah I thought of doing such things but both my modelling knowledge and poly count limited me from doing it. I totally agree though:)

    Yep 1024*512 is quite high but I did not want to limit myself too much on such stuff.

    Having both on the same map would require me to do some manual UV-mapping, something I have totally avoided for this model. I have noticed that it is much more correct to do it the other way though:)

  • Hard times ahead?

    • Zacker
    • October 21, 2005 at 6:34 PM

    The future way for indie devs to break through will be with small mods going commercial on low prices. At least that it is my hope as mod developer...

  • Tree model done

    • Zacker
    • October 21, 2005 at 6:32 PM

    Here comes wireframe and skin:)

    [Blocked Image: http://thefuture.dk/tex/palm_bark.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://thefuture.dk/tex/palmleaf.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://thefuture.dk/models/bananatree_wireframe.png]

  • Prixun

    • Zacker
    • October 21, 2005 at 6:29 PM

    What a fantastic mix we got here, crap map, lame comments and a thread bumper all in one thread! Who did I offend so much that he would bother to create a new user just to bump this thread?

    A cookie goes out to the first one who either delete or lock this thread. Thank you.

  • OLÉ! They Hunger: Source Almost Out!

    • Zacker
    • October 21, 2005 at 1:43 PM

    I do no think it is as bad as many people say here. I rather consider it as a good thing that you can begin to earn money on mod making. Of course mods should not be sold for 50-60$, but I am pretty sure they know that.

    I like the idea of that many more mods should be sold, at least just for 10$ or so. I am pretty sure that there is a market for cheap games which are maybe not 100% new but still offer some fun.

  • Hitman Movie finds writer.

    • Zacker
    • October 21, 2005 at 11:46 AM

    Swordfish was cool enough, so I am looking forward to this:)

  • OLÉ! They Hunger: Source Almost Out!

    • Zacker
    • October 21, 2005 at 11:45 AM

    If they would just not pump it up so much then it actually seems like an ok mod to me.

  • am I the only one who saw this last night

    • Zacker
    • October 21, 2005 at 11:40 AM

    Well at least they finally did something about the frontpage...

  • Tree model done

    • Zacker
    • October 15, 2005 at 12:05 PM

    I agree, the screenshot is not the best. Afaik there is no render option in Gmax though which is why it is free. If anyone know of any 3rd party renders that work with gmax or other ways to get it rendered, then please say so.

  • Computer games quiz

    • Zacker
    • October 15, 2005 at 12:02 PM
    Quote from Fletch

    37/40I give up now

    Omg, that is quite a bunch! I did not get above 14:D

  • Tree model done

    • Zacker
    • October 15, 2005 at 11:49 AM

    Finally I am done with my first gmax prop which is supposed to be some kind of palm or banana tree. Modelling and texturing by me.

    [Blocked Image: http://thefuture.dk/models/bananatree.jpg]

  • Screw you, random model thread. Here is OL's WIP post.

    • Zacker
    • October 12, 2005 at 4:35 PM

    Seems like you used every polygon, which is nice.

  • WIP halftrack

    • Zacker
    • October 12, 2005 at 4:33 PM

    Reminds more more of a combine truck than a ww2 truck, the skin should take care of this though. Regardless, it's a nice model:)

  • It's not just Nelly who's at it...

    • Zacker
    • October 12, 2005 at 4:33 PM

    Lol nice! Steven Seagal is just the best actor ev3r!~~

  • Put your money where your mouth is (by Ben Mathis)

    • Zacker
    • October 12, 2005 at 4:10 PM

    I only read the part for us not in the industry yet and it was good reading.

  • Attitude and Intent - Ken Banks

    • Zacker
    • October 12, 2005 at 3:48 PM

    Hmm seems like I have been going the wrong way then. Back my early mapping days with Prixun etc. I mapped because it was fun and because I wanted to create wild maps. These days I more map because the mod need it.

  • They Hunger: Source?

    • Zacker
    • October 12, 2005 at 3:41 PM

    He did the level design work on that vampire mod as far as I remember.

  • edited

    • Zacker
    • October 11, 2005 at 12:15 PM

    I can recommend that you show more media and work already done work if you want to find more people. People want to know which mod there is never going to get further than some concept sketches and which mod there is actually going all the way to release.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™