1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Zacker

Posts by Zacker

  • totally random texture thread

    • Zacker
    • November 3, 2005 at 4:53 PM

    Yeah curman it got too much noise and could maybe also use some more depth. Besides that it is nice.

  • 2D: The Suffering

    • Zacker
    • November 3, 2005 at 4:50 PM

    The warm and yellow colours are really cool with their glow, looks hdr alike:)

    The critical point of this style is to maintain enough detail to make it look like quality. If it get's much more blurred than this then it could might as well be some shaky cam. As it is now it is cool enough that you can both have all the cool effects and clear lines at the same time.

  • Untitled CS:S map in progress

    • Zacker
    • November 1, 2005 at 2:11 PM

    As the others said the pictures don't show anything. What I can see looks as decent mapping but there is not really anything to it.

  • World of Warcraft - Burning Crusade

    • Zacker
    • October 31, 2005 at 4:32 PM
    Quote from Skjalg

    Yeah, just like loads of people wanna go on princess runs nowadays ;P

    Well uhm when I my lvl fitted for Maraudon I did do princess runs:)

    Quote

    having bought WoW a month ago, its pretty lonely lvling alone as a Priest. What servers is everyone on? I'm on Maelstrom, but im going to be relocating since I'm getting tired of the PVP. RP seems much better to me.

    Priest is probably the least lonely class to play:D You can find my lvl 57 Elemental mage called Zacker on Frostwhisper and my lvl 30 retriholy pala(also Zacker) on Shadowsong - I mainly play on Frostwhisper though. You are very welcome to come and join us in Storm Guard:)

  • Doom movie

    • Zacker
    • October 30, 2005 at 7:50 PM

    Judging from your posts I assume that I should not go see it?

  • frappr

    • Zacker
    • October 30, 2005 at 7:45 PM

    Yeah it seems to have quite a bunch of towns, it even had my little 3k town:)

    Edit:

    The positions are not that accurate though. If you zoom in on my position then you will see that it has placed the dot in the middle of some fields. My town is the one just to the left.

  • World of Warcraft - Burning Crusade

    • Zacker
    • October 30, 2005 at 7:37 PM
    Quote from Skjalg

    ZG isnt that tough...

    And who would want to grind any of those linstances when all the drops are just level 60 req (as in crap for level 70's) Thats what im talking about...

    ZG is tough imo unless you got 20 lvl 58+ guys. The first time we did it in the guild we had a bunch of lvl 55 and we were not even 20 people - Needless to say we got our ass kicked big time:D

    I am pretty sure that there will still be enough people who want to do the 60+ instances.

  • LCDs CRTs and LSD!

    • Zacker
    • October 29, 2005 at 12:15 PM

    My screen is a 17" Samsung SyncMaster 753DFX which I have been really satifised with. Back when I bought it LCD was not an option as they were too expensive and the quality was still not that good.

    LCDs have however improved a lot both in quality and price so I guess my next screen is going to be a 19" LCD. I am not going to buy a new one anytime soon though as my current monitor is fine:)

  • damn to those endiiinnngs §!!

    • Zacker
    • October 29, 2005 at 12:10 PM

    Yeah MP2 storyline was fine enough for me.

  • Lost Coast is out

    • Zacker
    • October 29, 2005 at 11:53 AM

    Btw. why did the Lost Coast take longer to get out than DoD:Source?!

  • Lost Coast is out

    • Zacker
    • October 28, 2005 at 6:33 PM

    Just finished it myself and overall I am not impressed. My card does not support HDR but Crytek did this long ago so it's not really exciting anyways.

    My problem with Lost Coast is that it still got most of the problems HL2 and Source also had. The water shader is still both unrealistic and poor looking compared to the one in FarCry. To me it looks like they haven't changed it at all. Another problem with the water is also the edges as those are 100% static without any shore effect which all games in 2005 should have.

    When the bombs hit the town there were not visual impact at all which was really dissapointing. The good part of the canon was the shake when launching as it affected window shaders nicely and also physcics effects. The most impressive was that it was actually not overdone like many of the other features.

    There were some unaligned textures in several places which also annoyed me a lot. The untextured surface or whatever it was you could see when breaking the windows in the church and looking left was also dissapointing.

  • World of Warcraft - Burning Crusade

    • Zacker
    • October 28, 2005 at 4:55 PM

    Finally some official information about the WoW expansion has arrived! There is not any official linkings to this site, but the pages are still there for everyone to check out.

    http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/burningcrusade/

  • Editorial: Did HL1 Ruin HL2?

    • Zacker
    • October 28, 2005 at 4:48 PM

    I am reliefed to see that I am not the only one who does not consider Source as a 100% perfect engine. I have tried saying something about that in the past but in the beginning it seemed like everyone found it superior to everything else.

    I like emailing Valve with rants so I might also link them to this:)

  • Map pimpage nightmare

    • Zacker
    • October 27, 2005 at 12:33 PM

    Sounds like a fair enough idea.

  • Editorial: Did HL1 Ruin HL2?

    • Zacker
    • October 27, 2005 at 12:19 PM

    A reason why the modding community is rather small might be that you get flamed if a mod release is not the next big thing? Because of a few top quality mods many people expect all mods to be on commercial level or above.

    Quote

    *ed: essentially I think the barrier to entry is too high, the learning curve is too steep, the documentation is basically vapor, the custom content pipeline is fucking ridiculous and all in all there are better games to mod for. The mod scene carried HL1. It can't and won't carry HL2. Valve have shot themselves in the foot by doing so little to make it easy for us

    I agree on this, just think about when the last version of Hammer was released(2004)...

  • some stoof

    • Zacker
    • October 25, 2005 at 6:51 PM

    Looks nice, good to see stuff fully modelled, skinned and implented ingame:)

  • Quake 4 sky environment - Quake II style

    • Zacker
    • October 25, 2005 at 6:49 PM

    Looks a little blured as you said, but still cool enough - Something like this would have fitted much better in Q4. I also want to see it ingame:)

  • The Official Quake IV release thread

    • Zacker
    • October 23, 2005 at 8:34 PM

    In the first screenshots it looked way too much like Doom 3, nothing wrong with that though as they promised it would turn out much different. Is it just me or does the final version still look more like Doom 3 than like Quake 2?

  • de_corse

    • Zacker
    • October 23, 2005 at 8:29 PM

    Maybe not old, but rather outdated. I have considered it as outdated since I realized how very little next-gen it actually turned out to be.

  • totally random texture thread

    • Zacker
    • October 23, 2005 at 8:28 PM

    What is it?

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™