1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Zacker

Posts by Zacker

  • Crysis 2

    • Zacker
    • July 1, 2010 at 10:03 AM
    Quote from Jetsetlemming

    I built a new cheapo machine with onboard graphics this week. Tried out the Crysis demo tonight.1) Playable FPS during the intro when the camera's outside the plane/overlooking the island.

    2) Terrible inside with the dudes.

    3) Good again outside, including going up the beach.

    4) Terrible again when I go inland into the brush to find Aztec. I quit at this point.

    Still, significantly better than I was expecting. The pop-up ui to mod your guns was really super fucking neat. Hope that comes back in Crysis 2 I guess!

    If you have the slightest interest in games, which I assume people on Mapcore to have, then why on earth would you ever buy a machine with onboard gfx? Makes no sense to me.

  • I hate Steam...

    • Zacker
    • June 20, 2010 at 9:42 PM

    While the standard prices on most games might not be particularly impressive, then those offers they run regularly are totally unmatched! Just this week you have offers like Crysis for 10 bucks or Burnout: Paradise for 3-4 bucks. At these prices for top games, then nobody should be able to complain about video games being too expensive anymore.

  • Designing for single player

    • Zacker
    • June 20, 2010 at 8:59 AM

    For multiplayer levels it is usually the flow and the layout which is the most important thing and it is therefore usually also what one starts out with getting right. For SP however, it is imo just as much the events/puzzles/whatever that happens along all the key locations in a game. The interesting part about the design of these key locations is that it is an area where one has to think in terms of story and gameplay while not so much layout.

    This means splitting your level into key locations and glue/corridors in between. This makes it useful at least for me to design SP maps as two parallel processes: A) Layout and B) Key locations. Giving these areas individual focus will usually increase the final quality of each. With a number of quality key areas designed, one can then move them around in a very flexible way and connect them with varying amount of glue depending on what the layout/flow dictates.

  • Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days

    • Zacker
    • June 8, 2010 at 12:30 PM

    Hot damn that trailer looks good! It appears that the good old Glacier can still spit out some amazing looks

  • Productions from the IT University of Copenhagen

    • Zacker
    • May 26, 2010 at 9:17 AM

    I think my original thread from back then is still a valid answer:

    viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11569&p=202578

    So basically, I left the industry to pursue further studies. Thankfully live as a student gives room for doing lots of cool stuff on the side, such as teaching.

  • Productions from the IT University of Copenhagen

    • Zacker
    • May 21, 2010 at 11:10 AM

    They have had a little less than 4 months to do the projects and and they had no prior training with the UDK.

    And arg CJ, it would have been great to have you studying here at the ITU!

  • Productions from the IT University of Copenhagen

    • Zacker
    • May 20, 2010 at 12:06 PM

    The students of this years Game Development course, at the IT University of Copenhagen, just finished their projects. Trailers for their games can be found here:

    http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... 98001FD84E

  • Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days

    • Zacker
    • May 19, 2010 at 6:53 PM
    Quote from Mazy

    Don't worry Rick, there are counter-measures against that . Oh and it's one of my levels that's being played there, the fish market.

    I still believe that stealing Dopefish is the most amazying heist ev3r

  • Tactical Intervention

    • Zacker
    • May 19, 2010 at 5:14 PM

    What is up with all the dog killing hate? Not that I condone it as such, but I thought that had been acceptable in video games since Wolfenstein 3d?

  • Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days

    • Zacker
    • May 19, 2010 at 5:10 PM
    Quote from Rick_D

    >teamkill everyone at spawn

    >win game

    It appears that they will have to commit the heist first before you can win by killing everyone

    Also, I can totally recommend Undercover Cop, FA on it's own is pretty intense, but UC is just insane!

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Zacker
    • May 17, 2010 at 7:18 PM
    Quote from Warby

    [Blocked Image: http://www.abcgamesps2.net/loja/images/Mini%20Ninjas%20wii.jpg]because i have finally given up hope to get a free copy from my ioi boys ! :ssj:

    Lol I haven't gotten a free copy either and I even worked on that game! And I am way too stubborn to buy a game that I have helped develop, so I have actually yet to play it:P

  • Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days

    • Zacker
    • May 13, 2010 at 9:51 AM
    Quote from Warby

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    a whole bunch of zacker mazy and my work !

    Yup, you can all very much look forward to playing one kick ass level there! A cookie to the one who can spot which movie that originally inspired the plot for Subway

  • Valve Teases Upcoming Half-Life Release for Mac

    • Zacker
    • May 12, 2010 at 8:10 PM

    Woah, not quite Valve time there!

  • Freelancing

    • Zacker
    • May 11, 2010 at 12:42 PM

    I have been doing a bunch of freelancing over the past few years and pretty much all of it has just been offers that I have received through my network. So I dunno so much about official channels, but if you make yourself known in the game dev community in your area, then the offers will come. I can quite recommend this freelancing actually, you rarely know if you have a job in 3 weeks, but after some time you get used to that an offer will come just when you are ready for the next task.

  • Inception

    • Zacker
    • May 8, 2010 at 2:18 PM

    Looks epic!

  • Check out my new song (now available on iTunes!)

    • Zacker
    • April 19, 2010 at 3:53 PM

    Hey Klein, that is indeed some pretty cool music you made there! Sounds fairly professional.

  • Summer contract?

    • Zacker
    • April 15, 2010 at 6:34 PM
    Quote from Skjalg

    Why not doodle and make something yourself in Unity and try to earn a few bucks off of an iPhone game or something? 2 months seems like an appropriate time to put 1 game together.

    I like to get out, see something new and work with other people and I believe I can learn much more from that than sitting alone at home.

    But thanks for the feedback, I have now found an excellent little indie studio who are working on a very promising game from their Hamburg location Getting stuff like this solved in a day = mapcore win.

  • Summer contract?

    • Zacker
    • April 14, 2010 at 12:10 PM

    I have over the pasts week been trying to come up with what I really want to do in the few months of summer holiday that we have. And really, what I would like to do the most is develop games So I am wondering if it would be possible to find some kind of contract position for just 2 months during the summer anywhere in the world? I am not exactly looking to earn great amounts of money or anything, but rather to use my time on something more interesting than laying at the beach or getting drunk.

    Have any of you guys tried something like this? And is it possible at all? We unfortunately only have two months available which is obviously not too much time to get into the tools and pipelines at a company, so I realize there is not that much a company can gain, even if I consider myself to be a fast learner and easily adopts new tech. But if it would be possible then it would be a great thing, because there is really not much I would love to do more than spend my summer working at a games studio somewhere in the world. Anyone who knows of studios who would be possible candidates for a such deal?

  • Adobe Photoshop CS5 - finally a worthy upgrade?

    • Zacker
    • March 29, 2010 at 12:56 PM

    About time that PS implements this, the technology has been there for years. As previous links in this thread clearly shows.

  • IO Interactive confirms some employees were let go

    • Zacker
    • March 29, 2010 at 12:53 PM

    Sad news indeed, both for the involved people and for the danish game industry in general. Except for IO (and Unity) pretty much all other game studios in DK have either fired massive amounts of people or crashed in the past few years. So now with IO letting people go also, then it's definitely looking dark.

    It should be said that the exact number of people is closer to 25 and that most of the affected were QA personnel.

    Mini Ninjas was decently received, but sales were just around break even and not near the target estimate. Core reasoning behind these layoffs however is that all production teams are either mostly fully staffed or scaling down.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™