1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Zacker

Posts by Zacker

  • Infinity movies

    • Zacker
    • April 10, 2006 at 4:22 PM

    Nope, they are not supposed to be comical. But yeah they should be less boring to watch then watching your bro play wow. Several weeks of hardcore raiding, trial&error, failed attempts, tactic discussions, buffing up, etc. have been reduced to a few mins of video footage. If you do not play WoW yourself they are probably not worth seeing though.

  • Infinity movies

    • Zacker
    • April 10, 2006 at 4:06 PM

    I would like to present some movies made by my fellow guild members in Infinity:

    http://www.infinityguild.net

    Infinity taking Razoregore The Untamed, first boss in BWL:

    http://www.fps-planet.com/movies/Razorg ... finity.wmv

    Infinity taking Firemaw, 4th boss in BWL:

    http://www.fps-planet.com/razor/InfinityVsFiremaw.wmv

    One of our paladins tanking Onyxia:

    http://www.fps-planet.com/razor/RevalTankOnyxia.wmv

    Pvp movies by one of our rogues:

    http://warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=11765

    http://warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=13813

  • What Games are you playing?

    • Zacker
    • April 10, 2006 at 3:55 PM

    I got my main, a gnome mage, on Frostwhisper in the guild Infinity. I also got a lvl 45 paladin alt on Shadowsong. How far are you with your main?

  • What Games are you playing?

    • Zacker
    • April 10, 2006 at 2:35 PM

    I refuse to acknowledge any other game than WoW. There is only one goal in life, to dow Ebonroc tonight!

  • The beauty (of photoshop...)

    • Zacker
    • April 10, 2006 at 2:34 PM

    Looks better for sure, but on the other hand you did all the traditionel touchup tricks which generally make them look like barbie.

  • Accellerated modelling program like I-Deas?

    • Zacker
    • April 10, 2006 at 2:20 PM

    Thanks guys, I got Max(won it at GDC last year), so good to hear that I don't need to learn some new program. I will mess around with some of the methods you suggested.

  • Favourite musical pieces from games

    • Zacker
    • April 9, 2006 at 9:53 PM
    Quote from SinisterSquirrel

    Max Payne 2: Poets of the Fall - Late Goodbye

    Yep, that was my first experience with POTF and it was for sure a good one.

  • Chess Pieces

    • Zacker
    • April 9, 2006 at 9:50 PM

    Looks pretty good:)

  • Accellerated modelling program like I-Deas?

    • Zacker
    • April 9, 2006 at 9:50 PM

    Some years ago I was introduced to a CAD/CAM/CAE suite called I-Deas which was quite cool. Using that you could get from idea to finished product in just 1 day.

    As modelling a product is just a very small part of developing a whole product the modelling part did naturally only take very little time even for complex machinery. I have never since seen any kind of modelling program get anywhere near that effective though.

    One of the things which made it effective was that it made extensive use of rotating geometry around an axis. You should had to draw a few lines, which took 5 secs, and then it rotated it around an axis and you ended up with a nice model.

    I came to think about this when I saw the chess piece model thread:http://mapcore.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4867

    Some those models could be created in a few secs using I-Deas. So my question is which modelling tool which provide similar functionality?

  • awp_monopoly

    • Zacker
    • April 9, 2006 at 8:40 PM

    I did think of it a lot before I posted that post as I had already seen the reactions towards Alex. But I thought no, this is a mature forum and I should be able to post my post without getting personal insults. And now just look at Curmans post...

    I try to shed light on the subject from several sides as I thought that was appropiate response to some of the very narrow mud casting. I find it incredible that I can't do that without getting called a kid within 5 minutes. And this is supposed to be a somewhat serious game editing forum?

    And regarding that comparision post then certain people did say several false things about me using no clip and all kind of other shit. I can't care much about that though as everyone can try and take the pictures without any kind of bias and you will get the result I showed.

    When reading over this thread I do for some reason come to think about the good old "Discussing on the internet is like...". -And that is not a good sign. Why create a storm in a glass of water?

  • awp_monopoly

    • Zacker
    • April 9, 2006 at 8:09 PM

    Now that someone has dared to say it, I might as well say that it was also my initial thought when seeing this map. It's all ok for a fy map, but that does not say a lot and does certainly not imply spotlight gallery.

    On the other hand, I don't care. The moderators here are free and welcome to choose whatever they choose. If they feel this is spotlight quality, then it is. I do actually think it is all cool that also a few more than just the top 5 best works each year gets in the spotlight:)

    I am pretty sure the moderators here have better things to use their time on than long dicussions about which map to get in the spotlight and which not. If they see anything which they personally think is cool, then it's added - despite if one or two might disagree on the forums. That it is how it is and how it should be.

  • Hammer: Bullet Hole Decals

    • Zacker
    • April 9, 2006 at 8:02 PM

    If you want to concentrate on other aspects of your mapping then just think of that model materials can't be used in brushes. If you are a beginner then you probably just want to accept this and find another texture.

    Note: With the later versions of GCFScape it has received volatile access which means that you do not need to close Steam.

  • Tech textures

    • Zacker
    • April 8, 2006 at 11:50 AM

    It seems to be the ones you have shown on the forum which are very nice!

  • The Empire (3d work)

    • Zacker
    • April 7, 2006 at 9:29 PM

    Looks good, a bit too diffuse or blurry for my taste though.

  • SiN: Episodes

    • Zacker
    • April 6, 2006 at 5:27 PM

    Well I prefer that old school duke nukem like style over the ohhh-so-not-original-anyways-even-though-we-pretend-it-to-be style of HL2.

  • SiN: Episodes

    • Zacker
    • April 6, 2006 at 3:07 PM

    I think this game looks promising and cool. I like the style of the game, it is realistic and yet still got a slighty cartoony touch with the strong colours.

  • de_corse *final*

    • Zacker
    • April 6, 2006 at 3:02 PM

    Nice map, the ground/tile texture you e.g. see on the ground in picture one really needs work though. The tiles seem to be paper-thin and layed upon the grass.

  • What Games are you playing?

    • Zacker
    • April 5, 2006 at 3:18 PM

    Still WoW, took down Firemaw a few weeks ago. Find movies, news, etc. over at http://www.infinityguild.net

  • mod thoughts

    • Zacker
    • April 4, 2006 at 4:08 PM

    Uhm, my mod thoughts:)

    Quote

    SynopsisSands of War 2 is a futuristic and yet realistic first person shooter with emphasis on team work and tactics. A battle between the Coalition of Democracy (CoDe) and AIM (Allied Independent Monarchies) is set in tough desert environments.

    Visually it looks like a FPS. On an individual level it's an RPG. As team it's an RTS. Basically SoW2 is the ultimate game.

    Quote

    BackgroundIn Sands of War you are taking part in the big clash of civilizations. Many thought that our earth would become a planet with peace - things turned out different.

    *SoW2 dd

  • Tree 01

    • Zacker
    • April 3, 2006 at 1:35 PM

    Lol first time I see watermarks here, it is somewhat rediculus imo.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™