Congrats!
Posts by Zacker
-
-
Great changes! As the others said, the frontpage needs some love.
-
Hey I think it looks great:) Imo you should go for making the bunny cute instead of sexy, would fit the theme better.
-
Ahh yeah their another unavoidable one Phillip:) With several desert themed maps as my past I have naturally also used that one.
-
It looks decent for a first map. No kind of spectacular mapping but not any real big bugs either.
Btw. kinda nice to see a screenshot which is not 16xAA with max model/texture detail.
-
I found this one in the Cstrike textures and I also think I have used it some times in some of my maps. I remember it as a good metal texture:) I never noticed that it was the same one as the UT menu background though.
Well spotted!
-
Just got the latest cd from Leave's Eyes, so I have been listening a bunch to it. It is certainly different from some of their older tracks, but still ok music.
-
The usual Mapcore happy birthday picture:
[Blocked Image: http://gameover.com/neuroticjuicer/happybirthday.jpg]
-
Our final version of Sands of War 1.6 is now public available! We finished it some weeks ago, but we were too busy with the SoW2 beta 1.1 release back then. You can download it right away from our download section.
This is the end of a long era which was started several years ago by some creative guys who set out to develop a mod. Many doubted that we would finish the mod, but so we did. We did not just release it, we kept on improving it and releasing new versions. The final version, SoW 1.6, is now ready.
As SoW1 is now done, all crew members will focus their time on SoW2. Just as with SoW1 we will continue to improve SoW2 based on the feedback from the community. In our next newspost you will get to see a nice remake of one of the old popular SoW1 maps.
Our download page looks a little wierd, but everything is working.
Changelog
Changes/Additions:
------------------
- Weapons now lights up the world when shooting
- New FGD version: 1.18
- Added support for model scaling
- Updated map sow_Entombed: Improved lighting, better clipping, better performance, viewport target, fixed models being cyclers and reworked the bridge.
- Updated map sow_Khefren: Minor updates and fixes
- Updated map sow_Fort: Huge performance gains and comestic changes
- Updated map sow_Beirut: Various fixes and cosmetic changes
- Updated mission descriptions for several maps
- Updated class descriptions
- Added sidestep and rolling animations when prone
- New AK sounds
Bug fixes:
----------
- The AK, OICW and flashbang can now be selected properly
- The AK shoot sound now works
- Fixed animations for all weapons
- Fixed animations for all players
- Fixed p_weapon positions
- The knife no longer shows up as ammo
-
This is far out man!

-
I think it is totally ok! I am no fan of Garrys mod and I will never buy it, but I can't see why anyone should have anything against that he tries to sell it. To me it just sounds fair that he wants a bit of money for the hard work he does.
The new financial model where they get an engine license without paying for it is a very interesting thing for indie developers. It should make it much easier to sell an indie game now where you don't have to spend so much money on being an engine license.
-
Congratz Reno, you deserve it! It also sounds like you found yourself a position which very much matches what you would like to do.
-
Sharp shadows do not belong in a next gen game. There is also something about the characters which I do not like, I can't spot what it is though - might also just be the bad scans.
-
Interesting thread for sure:)
Pros
Jack of all trades
Always trying to improve anything I do
Finish what I start
Set realistic goals
Always trying to break limits
Good at leading and organizing
Honest
Cons
Elitist, I often believe to be superior of others
Bossy, need to be in control
Perfectionist
Egoistic
Get bored easily
Don't get layed enough
I inform people when I think they are some assholes
-
Haha, it's quite visible from those pictures that you had some good fun there:D
Could you please maybe post your slideshow?
-
Go 28/0/23 for endgame PVE, it rocks in BWL:)
-
Yep, it's 250dkk(roughly 40 us bucks) for a week. I was in a team with a swedish guy last year and that was quite an uhm...unique experience:D
And peris, last year there were not exactly much time for such fun as developing a game on an engine you know nothing about with 5 other people you know nothing about in 4 days can be rather hard.
-
Hunters are imba yeah. You say you only critted 3k with aimed shot, which is kinda still a lot imo. My epic geared mage specced with Arcane Instability, Piercing Ice and Ice Shards can max crit 1800 - and thats with COE on the mob.
-
Last year UNF Denmark held a summer camp called Game Developer Camp where talented game designers from primarly Denmark used a week on developing games. This year they call it Future Entertainment Week, but it seems to rougly the same thing.
I was there and it was certainly a fantastic experience - nothing beats developing a game as a team all day long.
Much more information along with the games we made last year can be found at the website:
-
Our final version of Sands of War 1.6 is now done. Actually we finished it some weeks ago, but we were too busy with the SoW2 beta 1.1 release back then. Many of the areas have been locked for several months by now.
This is the end of a long era which was started several years ago by some creative guys who set out to develop a mod. Many doubted that we would finish the mod, but so we did. We did not just release it, we kept on improving it and releasing new versions. The final version, SoW 1.6, is now ready.
As SoW1 is now done, all crew members will focus their time on SoW2. Just as with SoW1 we will continue to improve SoW2 based on the feedback from the community. In our next newspost you will get to see a nice remake of one of the old popular SoW1 maps.
We are currently testing the installer and searching for mirrors. A download will come in a few days when we get enough mirrors. Check out site http://www.sandsofwar.net for further information.
Changelog
Changes/Additions:
------------------
- Weapons now lights up the world when shooting
- New FGD version: 1.18
- Added support for model scaling
- Updated map sow_Entombed: Improved lighting, better clipping, better performance,
viewport target, fixed models being cyclers and reworked the bridge.
- Updated map sow_Khefren: Minor updates and fixes
- Updated map sow_Fort: Huge performance gains and comestic changes
- Updated map sow_Beirut: Various fixes and cosmetic changes
- Updated mission descriptions for several maps
- Updated class descriptions
- Added sidestep and rolling animations when prone
- New AK sounds
Bug fixes:
----------
- The AK, OICW and flashbang can now be selected properly
- The AK shoot sound now works
- Fixed animations for all weapons
- Fixed animations for all players
- Fixed p_weapon positions
- The knife no longer shows up as ammo