1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Zacker

Posts by Zacker

  • mapcore numbers?

    • Zacker
    • April 25, 2006 at 4:24 PM

    Not hired yet, but I really hope that I will be one day:) Maybe applying for positions would help...

  • Random maps of the net

    • Zacker
    • April 24, 2006 at 9:38 PM

    Ahh yes at first that shot looks like some nextgen 10k+ poly environment which is really the biggest praise a map can get. That's what I love about mapping, creating a composition of brushes, textures and lighting making it look like a lot more than it really is.

  • E3 2006: Hands down, who's going?

    • Zacker
    • April 24, 2006 at 8:41 PM

    Yeah I have heard that there are no proper booth babes this year, so I am certainly not coming. It was the only place I had a chance of getting anywhere near a nice girl.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Zacker
    • April 24, 2006 at 6:58 PM

    Very nice KFS, that shot is just super sweet mapping and attention to detail as usual from you. It is also good to see that you avoided the ugly ultra-sharp shadows D3 maps sometimes got.

  • ESCHATON - An Immersive Spy Thriller.

    • Zacker
    • April 24, 2006 at 6:21 PM

    Last I heard was they were um spreading the love or something...

  • Random maps of the net

    • Zacker
    • April 24, 2006 at 6:18 PM

    De_Arizona is not really that old, but yeah it looks good despite the not that detailed mapping. Carp really shows there how much it matters to create custom textures for your maps.

  • Random maps of the net

    • Zacker
    • April 24, 2006 at 2:45 PM

    Don't say that, him and 3d-mike were so proud of their new leafs! It doesn't matter that the colours don't fit in at all and that it looks quite unrealistic as it is teh new index blended alpha sprites(or whatever it was they called it)!

  • Random maps of the net

    • Zacker
    • April 24, 2006 at 2:26 PM

    De_Laguna:

    [Blocked Image: http://www.clan00.de/img/gallery/CAT_173/de_laguna00001630757758.jpg]

  • CS IRL

    • Zacker
    • April 23, 2006 at 11:43 AM

    Starts out a bit boring, but it gets really funny if have played a lot of CS.

    http://www.thatvideosite.com/view/437.html

  • My examproject in programming

    • Zacker
    • April 22, 2006 at 9:55 PM

    You mean that you can make my code work with localization files? That would indeed be sweet:)

    Edit:

    New version up including a fully working highscore system, more helper texts when you hover over buttons and solutions for other random issues.

  • My examproject in programming

    • Zacker
    • April 22, 2006 at 4:44 PM

    New version up which includes numerical display of health values along with prices.

  • [WIP] de_countrything (no name yet)

    • Zacker
    • April 22, 2006 at 1:17 PM

    Looks good, but in some places it more looks like an industrial themed map rather than a country map.

  • My examproject in programming

    • Zacker
    • April 22, 2006 at 10:34 AM

    We unfortunately haven't had any choice regarding what language we want write in. VB.NET 2003 is what they got at our school at what our teacher knows, so we are limited to that.

    I have tried a bit of everything including c++, java, php, asp, ti-basic, actionscript and dos/bat. In Java I have made some small programs and games, but I haven't used that language for some years now. The only c++ I have done is small parts of the SoW1 and SoW2 code.

    I considered having xml localization files but that would probably be out of the project scope.

  • Most used texture...Ever!?

    • Zacker
    • April 21, 2006 at 9:15 PM

    Just found another one:

    http://dolinsky.fa.indiana.edu/caveart/ ... tures.html

    Kinda seems like he is claiming to have made it...

  • My examproject in programming

    • Zacker
    • April 21, 2006 at 9:09 PM

    We have never been offered programming as a subject before in this last year of high scool. Naturally I took it regardless of what language we would be programming in.

    Here is what I had to say about "The life of a Visual Basic coder" after half a year:

    http://chelsea.wesowe-is.nl/~sandsofw/f ... php?t=1675

    Screenshot of version 3 which looks rather similar to the current version:

    [Blocked Image: http://www.thefuture.dk/skole/Programmering/Eksamensprojekt/v3.png]

  • Quake 4 Map Pack work

    • Zacker
    • April 21, 2006 at 6:05 PM

    I think the last shot kicks ass because of strong colors which I have always been a sucker for.

  • My examproject in programming

    • Zacker
    • April 21, 2006 at 1:21 PM

    Sounds like an issue with missing framework or so. And yep, "Angrib" means "Attack":)

  • Most used texture...Ever!?

    • Zacker
    • April 21, 2006 at 1:14 PM

    Spotted this over at GameDev:

    [Blocked Image: http://images.gamedev.net/features/revie…orMainSmall.jpg]

    http://www.gamedev.net/features/reviews ... ductid=589

  • My examproject in programming

    • Zacker
    • April 20, 2006 at 7:26 PM

    It's a VB.NET program, so it's text and buttons in a window which is not really worth showing pictures of. Besides it's jsut a 300kb download, so should not take long to check out:)

  • My examproject in programming

    • Zacker
    • April 20, 2006 at 9:54 AM

    For the first time ever I have had programming as a subject in school this year. As a final project for this year I have naturally chosen to develop a game.

    It's a mostly textbased simple hack&slash game. The interface language is danish, but it's rather simple so you should have a chance even with no knowledge of danish. Programmed in Visual Basic.NET and therefore requires the .NET framework 1.1.

    It needs to be done at May the 5th, so the game is for a large part done by now. There are however still a few features to implent and also lots of QA and gameplay tweaking left.

    Download:

    http://www.thefuture.dk/skole/Programme ... rojekt.exe

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™