1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Zacker

Posts by Zacker

  • Post Your Pic Extravaganza 2010

    • Zacker
    • September 13, 2010 at 10:26 PM

    Finally I got around to upload the pics from my visit to California a few weeks ago. This visit obviously included a visit to Blizzard (thanks for the tour Wacko!) which meant I got to say hellow to some fellow Mapcorians.

    <--- and Wacko

    [Blocked Image: http://thefuture.dk/10/IMG_0976.JPG]

    Peris, me and Wacko. Yay for retard look with closed eyes.

    [Blocked Image: http://thefuture.dk/10/IMG_0977.JPG]

    Was great to meet you guys!

  • We've finally gone public -- Project MyWorld

    • Zacker
    • August 14, 2010 at 12:35 PM

    Ohh man that sucks!

  • Bioshock Infinite (Spoiler free thread)

    • Zacker
    • August 13, 2010 at 11:55 AM
    Quote from Serenius

    Bioshock back in the hands of Irrational Games. Fuck yeah! Maybe they'll finally come back around to System Shock after this one.

    It's not about the IP being "back", they have had it all the time and worked on it since the first one.

    Edit: And yeah another studio did BS2.

  • Bioshock Infinite (Spoiler free thread)

    • Zacker
    • August 12, 2010 at 9:56 PM

    That trailer was frikkin awesome! New IP or not, screw that, this looks fantastic! A 5 year production time for a project based on existing tech (I believe) seems quite excessive though.

  • Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days

    • Zacker
    • August 12, 2010 at 9:48 PM

    Yeah I was not too fond of this last one either. It was good alright, but I just totally loved the previous trailers so probably expected more here.

  • Duke Nukem Developer 3D Realms Shuts Down (??)

    • Zacker
    • August 11, 2010 at 7:11 PM

    Damn you guys, I was secrectly planning to do exactly that!

  • MapCore on social networks (LinkedIn, Twitter)

    • Zacker
    • August 1, 2010 at 10:46 PM
    Quote from Buddy

    who the fuck is jennifer?

    Interesting question, as this is the Internet, good looking women are not supposed to be here. So first thought was a bot, but a quick check reveals that she most certainly is a real gamer and probably also developer.

  • Worms Reloaded

    • Zacker
    • July 31, 2010 at 10:04 AM

    Much fun was had indeed back in the mid-nineties with sheeps and holy hand grenades Tried some of the later versions some years ago though and the fun did not hold up, so I highly doubt I will get this one.

  • Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days

    • Zacker
    • July 30, 2010 at 8:17 PM

    Having played the game I can tell that it is pretty damn good (or at least it was 2 years ago) - but those trailers are just totally godlike! If there is one thing IO always get 100% right for me, then it's the trailers. Now I just don't hope that they manage to overhype this sequel in the same way as they did with the first one, even though this one is of another standard.

  • LinkedIn Mapcore Group

    • Zacker
    • July 29, 2010 at 10:24 PM

    Ohh joy, just realized that we have a bot there arguing about grid sizes. Gotta love them these days.

  • Suckerpunch

    • Zacker
    • July 29, 2010 at 10:20 PM

    I could not agree with myself on if this appears to be a stylized Snyder movie with a deep ironic touch, or if it's just completely retarded.

  • sentura owns a store !

    • Zacker
    • July 29, 2010 at 10:17 PM

    I lol'led.

  • We've finally gone public -- Project MyWorld

    • Zacker
    • July 29, 2010 at 9:15 PM
    Quote from Warby

    i dont understand it yet but i love it already

    I'm with stupid here. I don't quite get it, but nonetheless it looks very likeable

  • MapCore Job Census

    • Zacker
    • July 29, 2010 at 5:51 PM

    Arthurt, you can truely look forward to working with Unity, it's a joy of an engine! And congrats on the position also

  • Starcraft 2

    • Zacker
    • July 27, 2010 at 12:15 PM

    Haha way cool Wacko! And big congrats on shipping the game!

  • The Natural Selection 2 Thread

    • Zacker
    • July 18, 2010 at 2:48 PM
    Quote

    ":1d9n9y5h]This is a really nice project, and I really respect indies that manage to take projects like these from start to finish.But I have to say, double the price for the special edition for only one black skin when the game ships, rly?

    Well, 90% buy that version, so I guess it is a completely reasonable price for most people?

  • Crysis 2

    • Zacker
    • July 15, 2010 at 5:08 PM
    Quote from Jetsetlemming

    My graphics card hasn't arrived yet- a friend is upgrading to a 5770 and sending me his old 8800GT.

    Ahh, it all makes sense then. Sorry for jumping at ya a little to quickly.

  • Your thought about a good level editor

    • Zacker
    • July 13, 2010 at 1:13 PM

    At IO we did all geometry and art related matters in 3dsx max and worked quite well. We had our own instancing system in place which allowed for the usual workflow with premade props and env art. So a bunch of a c++ for the instancing and export and then about 30-40 maxscripts to help with general level design tasks. I have since IO tried to do level design in 3ds max but it is an absolutely horrible program for that without those precious plugins and scripts.

  • Pandora Handhelds can be preordered

    • Zacker
    • July 13, 2010 at 10:09 AM

    That looks pretty awesome.

  • Pirates of New Horizons

    • Zacker
    • July 11, 2010 at 10:48 AM

    Hey Mapcore people! On behalf of Warby, Skjalg, Frie and the rest of Exit Strategy Entertainment, I would like to introduce our first game: Pirates of New Horizons

    Quote

    We are thrilled to announce our first indie game: "Pirates of New Horizons" ! What better way to celebrate this occasion than by uploading a batch of screenshots from the (hopefully) soon to be released prototype!

    [Blocked Image: http://media.indiedb.com/cache/images/g…over_island.png]

    Plenty of media can be found over at our IndieDB page - including our brand new trailer!:

    http://www.indiedb.com/games/pirates-of-new-horizons

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™