The 1st single is cool enough, but the rest have not impressed me yet. I haven't listened a lot to the other numbers yet though, so it is possible that I will like them later.
Posts by Zacker
-
-
I find it incredible that you still close down studios in that way today...
-
They seem to be having fun over there at the High Moon Studios, check out the video on the frontpage:
-
Quote
"This morning, as I came into work, I was greeted by security guards. It turned out Take-Two has closed their Rockstar Vienna office, effective immediately, "due to the challenging environment facing the video game business and our Company during this platform transition"."
-
I just checked out your reel and it looks pretty good. The level design is not of super quality, but that doesn't matter as it does its job and the overall ambience and attention to detail is nice. You have made everything, maps, models and textures yourself, aye?
-
Rule one when making school maps is not to make them exactly as it is IRL. If you do it will ruin the gameplay and fps and none will care how exact a replica it is anyways.
-
I agree, a little bloom around some edges to work as nice AA is always good:)
-
The topic does indeed make me a little suspecius due to how you have written it, but your later posts explain some more.
TorQueMoD has always been good at publicity, so this can easily be true. Remember he was the guy who got written about all over the net because of a method to make rain in the HL engine without lag. As far as I remember it just moved the lag from sprites to geometry though and killed the fps just as much or more than the usual sprite based rain:D
-
The patch 1.11 notes also just got released today along with the test realms. Lots of good changes and additions there.
-
Materials with specular shaders rely on the cubemaps to provide them with data about what to reflect.
-
-
Sorry for the bump, but I found some documents about a technique which does the same as Megatexturing, this was just invented 10 years ago. That Carmack guy is appearently not that groundbreaking.
-
You can improve the transition between fog and sky a lot in the first picture. Take a look at the buildings in the background, you will never see anything like this.
-
The original Turok run on a Vodoo 2 accelerated machine just looked so frikkin nice!
-
Just watched the first trailer and it was certainly very nice. A little more content would have been cool though.
-
There is not really...that guy is just sick.
-
I don't really think that this matters a lot. A properly made texture with the right size and scale does not give any tiling issues today. So far the ground textures in QW does not look impressive at all.
Hourences, I think the point of the system would be that it would not require a lot of ram. As I read it it, the system would automaticly split it up and load the pieces in a dynamic way.
-
I see that you only got one or two rooftops with the nodraw texture on. Unless all of those others are really visible, then you should really consider to apply a nodraw texture.
-
Very nice work KoKo5oVaR, it is really hard not to love most of them:) Your ability to create vastly different avatars yet sharing the same style is quite amazing.
Curman and d3ads, chill please - the thread is not in the EOT anymore.
-
Quote from Minotauro
Why do 90% of you use the win 98 theme ?

a) The standard win xp theme got more fancy colors than your average rainbow
b) It sucks a lot of my computer power which I prefer to use for the things I actually got my computer for, the programs and games.