1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Zacker

Posts by Zacker

  • Blogfolio site in the works

    • Zacker
    • August 10, 2006 at 9:24 PM

    Updated the the site, which should now be done. Please reply here if you can spot any mistakes.

  • LOST (Imminent Spoilers)

    • Zacker
    • August 8, 2006 at 6:53 PM

    I have seen about every 5th episode in season 1 which has been enough to keep me wellinformed about what is happening. Got season 2 waiting for me to watch it and I am planning to start that one of the coming days.

  • Linux

    • Zacker
    • August 8, 2006 at 6:51 PM

    Linux and Windows are usually so similar these days anways. If anyone haven't tried linux yet, then you should grab some distro right away. A good starter choice is the ones with support for live cd's, where you don't have to install anything to test it.

  • MySpace

    • Zacker
    • August 8, 2006 at 6:37 PM

    Imo a Myspace profile is probably something of the most ugly you can find. It often contains all the annoying elements of website including wierd background music, messy layout, lame information which none cares about, etc. - rougly said. Fletch seem to have a nice clean layout at his page though:)

  • Flat brushes in Hammer

    • Zacker
    • August 8, 2006 at 6:29 PM

    The closest you can get to a 1-sided face is a brush with the null/nodraw texture on all sides except the front and then merge the back vertices to make it form a pyramid.

  • Hammer 3d lighting preview WORKING

    • Zacker
    • August 8, 2006 at 12:02 PM

    It is really about time that Valve get around to implent just some kind of lighting preview in Hammer. It could be done without much hassle by just doing a ultra fast compile with just the things needed for a lightmap and then load this into the 3d window in Hammer.

  • Crysis system spec

    • Zacker
    • August 6, 2006 at 9:14 PM

    The computers are probably as fast as they need to be, in order to be at that golden line between productivity and cost. It's pretty simple actually:)

  • De_Zen

    • Zacker
    • August 6, 2006 at 9:03 PM

    A bit of lighting would do wonders with this map.

  • Blogfolio site in the works

    • Zacker
    • August 2, 2006 at 9:50 PM

    Good question, I have had the same concern. Thing is that the last year I have found myself doing more project leading, programming and other wierd stuff than level design. My Source maps are therefore still not of a totally acceptable quality.

    I have just taken some pictures of my least ugly source map and uploaded them though, as shots of something semi-new are needed as you say. Actually did that just before reading your post:)

  • IN THIS THREAD I WILL ANSWER YOUR SOURCE QUESTIONS

    • Zacker
    • August 2, 2006 at 9:48 PM

    Env_smoke can simulate steam to some extend with the right values. There is probably a better one though.

  • Blogfolio site in the works

    • Zacker
    • August 2, 2006 at 8:55 PM

    I totally agree on the initial idea about original layouts, but the site is not ment to demonstrate my abilities within webdesign. It would both be more risky and more timeconsuming to design everything from the ground up - Risks which I do not want to take when it's about my future career.

    But still I agree with you and the site is still WIP, so more parts are likely to change soon.

  • 1st place at Future Entertainment Week

    • Zacker
    • August 2, 2006 at 4:01 PM

    Dropship is about a dropship(surprise!) which you control through first space, then the athmosphere and then close to the ground. The innovative about it is that you steer with a webcam, no mouse or keyboard involved.

    I am currently working on getting access to our game files after which I will be able to take some screenshots and upload it.

  • Blogfolio site in the works

    • Zacker
    • August 2, 2006 at 3:58 PM

    Ahh damn, I love Terragen:/

    Yeah Csharp, I was in love with the layout when I saw it there.

    And ohh another thing: Currently the screenshots of my maps are 2 clicks away from the frontpage. Considering the importance of those I should maybe move them upwards in the hierarchy? Or is it ok with them being where they are now?

  • Blogfolio site in the works

    • Zacker
    • August 2, 2006 at 12:50 PM

    Hey guys my new blogfolio site at http://www.thefuture.dk is beginning to shape up. Previously my site has just been a place where I uploaded the stuff I completed, but now main focus is that it should help me to get me a job. I am going for job in the games industry after this summer, so the site needs to reflect that.

    I started this version partly as a blog and the news page is therefore on the frontpage. After some further thinking this might not be the best though. Should I put the CV or the about page as first page instead? Or make a new splash page?

    The site still needs a lot of things, so I thought I would ask for some advice. Any comment on how to make it give a better impression of my work is welcome.

  • Post Your Pic Extravaganza 2006 ~~!

    • Zacker
    • August 2, 2006 at 12:13 PM

    Here are some random pictures from this years Game Development Camp(http://www.mapcore.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6040)

    Me trying to keep up the spirit while we are loosing a CTF match:

    http://www.gdc2005.dk/futureweek/pics/d ... der109.jpg

    Pictures the dropship crew:

    http://www.thefuture.dk/futureweek/dropshipteam.jpg

    http://www.gdc2005.dk/futureweek/pics/d ... dag4/5.jpg (I am on the left)

  • 1st place at Future Entertainment Week

    • Zacker
    • August 2, 2006 at 12:06 PM

    I have just returned from a pleasant trip to Future Entertainment Week 2006. This is a summer camp for young talents from primarly Denmark but also Norway and Sweden. Out of several hundred applications, 50 were selected for the game development part and 50 for nano technology.

    I was on the team developing a game called Dropship as 2d artist. My 2d skills are not the best, but we lacked 2d artists and I was the best for the spot.

    Television spotabout the the camp and our game at TV2.

    Here is a picture of my crew:

    http://thefuture.dk/futureweek/dropshipteam.jpg

    All the games where judged by a group consisting of the 100 attendees and a group of judges. Among the judges were Thomas Howalt(Producer at IO Interactive), Lars Kroll(CEO of Runestone Game Development), Ole Rasmussen(Vice Director of IBM Denmark) and Kristian G. Olesen(Leader of Computer Science at Aalborg University).

    Our team managed to get the most votes from both the attendees and the judges. So we won everything, which was quite a cool experience. Among the rewards were an Ipod, an usb-key, a belt, a jacket and some other random stuff.

    We had to develop a game totally from scratch in 4 days, so sleep was not among the things we got a lot of. Unhealthy amounts of Coca-cola, X-ray and pizza kept us going though.

    If you are danish you can read a lot more about the event in the diary from the Game Development Camp and the Nano Camp. More pictures can also be found in those diaries.

    http://www.gdc2005.dk/futureweek/dagbog ... inment.php

    http://www.gdc2005.dk/futureweek/dagbog-nano.php

  • Max inciting me to murder. Viewport problems *Fixed*

    • Zacker
    • July 31, 2006 at 4:15 PM

    I can only agree with you! It might be the same action we are talking about, but I have found that just pressing "z" resets your viewports and fixes all problems.

  • I Got a Job in the Game Industry! ^_^

    • Zacker
    • July 31, 2006 at 1:01 PM

    Many congrats from here Vivi, it sounds like you had a shitload of fun:D

  • New HL2 developer tool

    • Zacker
    • July 10, 2006 at 10:22 PM

    Sounds like a lot of things in one program. Anwyay I would very much like to try anything which can make Source modding easier. Currently the workflow is in many ways very slow and ackward.

  • de_nightfever *beta* by d00ds.com

    • Zacker
    • July 10, 2006 at 10:02 PM

    Is that a true double helix you got here? If yes did you do it in bsp? If so, congrats - I haven't seen that pulled of since the one I made in Entomed.

    http://halflife.ingame.de/gfx/maps/de_n ... beta16.jpg

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™