1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Zacker

Posts by Zacker

  • Post Your Pic Extravaganza 2010

    • Zacker
    • December 10, 2010 at 9:47 AM
    Quote from FrieChamp

    BREAKING NEWS: The mystical creature widely known as "Mazy" has been sighted in Frederiksberg, Copenhagen on Monday this week! According to scientists it was lured to the place with burgers and beer, one snapshot could be taken:[pic]

    I met Zacker too, he took a picture of us when I woke up the next day (I slept on his couch during the duration of my visit in Denmark). I hope he won't post it here (and instead decide to blackmail me at some point in the future when I least expect it )!

    I can attest to the fact that Frie is not at all a morning person! So below is a pic of him and me which it took quite some convincing to get him in on. But hey, I couldn't have a Mapcorian camp here for a few days without a picture of us together. But really what we should have done was take a picture of us when we were all fresh and suited up while pimping PoNH at the investor meeting

    [Blocked Image: http://thefuture.dk/10/frie_zacker.jpg]

  • Pirates of New Horizons

    • Zacker
    • December 2, 2010 at 4:00 PM

    I also highly recommend everyone to follow Soenkes advice and vote for those two fantastic games!

  • The use of hotmail/gmail adresses in the industry.

    • Zacker
    • November 23, 2010 at 2:58 PM

    I don't know the exact status of how it is, but it would make very good sense if companies just blocked hotmail as it's only spammers and people who haven't left that nineties that are using that service anyway.

  • MapCore Job Census

    • Zacker
    • November 20, 2010 at 7:56 PM
    Quote from deceiver

    If all goes well, I might be under Ubisoft Toronto by the end of the month !

    Cool, good to hear that it seems to be working out! But as I mentioned before, even if it doesn't then completing your bachelors degree wouldn't be a bad thing either

  • Your favourite movies

    • Zacker
    • November 20, 2010 at 6:15 PM

    http://www.imdb.com/mymovies/list?l=33596314

  • Post Your Pic Extravaganza 2010

    • Zacker
    • November 18, 2010 at 3:15 PM

    Finally got my pictures up, but I think Deceiver got our night well covered already. Always great to meet another mapcorian and also just to party with people who haven't been out with me before

    Deceiver and I:

    [Blocked Image: http://thefuture.dk/10/IMG_2052.JPG]

    Deceiver, me and a friend of mine:

    [Blocked Image: http://thefuture.dk/10/IMG_2056.JPG]

  • Post Your Pic Extravaganza 2010

    • Zacker
    • November 14, 2010 at 8:40 PM
    Quote from deceiver

    So Zacker and I met up in Montreal last night, it was an interesting night to say the least =P. Pictures soon.

    Ohh yeah it was indeed, a pleasure to meet you I will get the pictures up shortly.

  • Post Your Pic Extravaganza 2010

    • Zacker
    • November 5, 2010 at 9:20 AM
    Quote from cyberjunkie

    Normally, I'm the one behind the camera but I was forced into getting my photo taken. D: This was from last month when I visited Norway (and met Skjalg!)[Blocked Image: http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/7169/cj2mm.jpg]

    No, I do not work at Opera Software

    Hey, did I miss something or did you not follow the mandatory rule about that two Mapcorians need to have a picture taken _together_ if they meet up?

  • Unity 3 & Unite

    • Zacker
    • November 5, 2010 at 9:15 AM

    Cool, looking forward to some beers with you 'Core folks from the Montreal area!

  • Valve creates micro-transaction steam support

    • Zacker
    • October 21, 2010 at 10:37 PM

    Damn! As lame as I find the TF2->hat game transformation, there is just no way around to take my hat off when seeing those amazing numbers. Highly impressive.

  • Unity 3 & Unite

    • Zacker
    • October 19, 2010 at 9:06 AM
    Quote from deceiver

    I'm already going to MIGS =P that week, but I'd be down to grab a few beers with you after Unite '10! You're staying in Montreal until when that week?

    I am leaving again late in the day on the 14th, Sunday that is, so either saturday or early sunday I would definitely be up for some beer with any mapcorians in the area

    Btw. anyone in the area who has a couch I can crash on? Already tried Klein, but he seems unable to reply to PMs

  • Unity 3 & Unite

    • Zacker
    • October 18, 2010 at 10:03 PM

    Thanks for that advice Arhurt!

    Tisky, we will be releasing our entity framework at some point, hopefully during Unite, which will allow you to set up gameplay without actually writing code.

  • Pirates of New Horizons

    • Zacker
    • October 11, 2010 at 9:06 AM
    Quote from Warby

    the falling through lava bug or falling out of level bugs seam to have to do with blocking ! apparently if you block you dont get hurt by the fallout triggers or the lava and just continue on

    i bet if we ha a qa department we would have caught that !!!!!!!

    Ohh yeah shit, my apologies, that unfortunately sounds like a very explanation.

  • Congrats Zaphod/Nimblebit

    • Zacker
    • October 7, 2010 at 6:41 PM
    Quote from zaphod

    The iOS stuff up until recently has provided enough to make a comfortable living, but Pocket Frogs is earning enough to make a comfortable living.

    I must say that I have the utmost respect for this business model where you regularly release small titles that on average make enough enough to make a comfortable living. This allows you to try out lots of cool ideas and if one does not work, then you are still ok. While doing this, which is already cool, then you still have that chance or probability of that one of your ideas, such as Pocket Frogs, will really hit home - which is just even better.

  • Valve creates micro-transaction steam support

    • Zacker
    • October 3, 2010 at 9:35 PM

    Yeah I have seen similar numbers with other freemium games and the general trend is that the revenue generating items are priced much higher than you would expect. I also remember a similar article from an MMO with item prices from 50 cent to 120$ and they got most revenue with the 20$ items.

  • Congrats Zaphod/Nimblebit

    • Zacker
    • October 1, 2010 at 5:12 PM

    That is pretty damn good, congrats!

  • Unity 3 & Unite

    • Zacker
    • September 30, 2010 at 7:38 PM

    The latest version of Unity was just released:

    http://unity3d.com/

    If you haven't tried it yet then you really should! It's completely free, very easy to use and yet cool enough to make games like this:

    http://piratesofnewhorizons.com/

    Also, anyone who plan on attending the Unite '10 conference in Montreal? I will be going there to do a bit of talking, so would be great to meet up with any mapcorians.

    http://unity3d.com/unite/

  • Post Your Pic Extravaganza 2010

    • Zacker
    • September 26, 2010 at 11:10 AM
    Quote from wacko

    was that at roscoes ?

    It was not at Roscoes, but a very similar place called Merritt Restaurant & Bakery, located in Oakland.

    Quote

    I remember those nicknames, cool stuff...but waffles and chicken?! How do those two go together?

    They went surprisingly well together! I doubt it would be anything to eat regularly though, more like "sometimes food" as Ginsing Avenger named it.

  • Post Your Pic Extravaganza 2010

    • Zacker
    • September 22, 2010 at 11:10 AM

    More pictures from my USA trip. This time with some real oldies, Ginsing Avenger and Ubehagelig, if anyone else remember those from the days of CS.net. I was travelling together with Ubehagelig (and two other friends) and we stayed at Ginsing Avengers place for some days while in SF.

    Left to right: Two random friends, Ginsing Avenger, Ube and I. And yeah, that would be Chicken & Waffles that we are having for dinner.

    [Blocked Image: http://thefuture.dk/10/IMG_1606.JPG]

  • Post Your Pic Extravaganza 2010

    • Zacker
    • September 14, 2010 at 10:36 PM
    Quote from Minotauro

    lol i remember peris (or was it evert? cant remember) talking about that

    Say what?

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™