1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Zacker

Posts by Zacker

  • Unreal 3 scripting tutorials

    • Zacker
    • November 30, 2006 at 7:17 PM

    Kismet seems to be a very nice tool, judging from that tutorial. A little more advanced compared to what I am used to, but that is only good. It reminds me a lot of scripting in Virtools, which was very intuitive.

  • Any Stable Co-op mods for Source?

    • Zacker
    • November 30, 2006 at 5:22 PM

    Hey I found the mod I was talking about:

    http://www.rawmeat.be/timcoop/

  • Congrats garry!

    • Zacker
    • November 30, 2006 at 5:21 PM

    Great quote indeed. He also called Valve some "completely retarded jerks" or something back when they refused to list Gmod as a 3rd party mod:)

  • Black Mesa Source is back

    • Zacker
    • November 30, 2006 at 5:19 PM

    1 or 2 as lightmap scale? Have you guys heard of that some people got less than 512MB gfx cards?

  • Any Stable Co-op mods for Source?

    • Zacker
    • November 30, 2006 at 2:13 PM

    I played one a long time ago which actually worked ok. Well it was not really any good, but it was their very first alpha or something, so it was as expected. I can't remember the name though:/

  • MapCore Job Census

    • Zacker
    • November 30, 2006 at 2:11 PM

    Yeah I noticed that one too, not bad mr. ken20banks!

  • Scott Miller: Steam should not be a part of valve

    • Zacker
    • November 30, 2006 at 7:31 AM

    There is indeed an issue with Steam and Valve being so closely tied together. This is just a result of that Valve are the ones who have been most succesful with their digital distribution tool.

    Regarding other games getting pushed off the frontpage, then I am pretty sure that games get exposure on Steam based on how much they pay and what deal they got.

    Steam is a Valve product and they are free to do with it what they want. If they prefer to keep it internally, then that is cool with me. Other firms are free to not choose Steam.

  • Dm_Cloudcity (hl2dm)

    • Zacker
    • November 29, 2006 at 8:46 PM

    Very nice to see that you finished it. My first comments for your early builds were that it seemed to have lots of potential, but needed a lot more work. It is good to see that you have put that required work into it and done it in the right way.

    I still think it could have used a bit of work in some areas though. Some are too empty while other areas got some style conflicts.

    Anyways the final result is good and the great custom textures really does a lot for the map.

  • Hellgate: London

    • Zacker
    • November 29, 2006 at 5:12 PM

    Can you guys please decide on if it's a MMO or not?

  • Black Mesa Source is back

    • Zacker
    • November 29, 2006 at 3:14 PM

    Yeah it's good stuff. I really like the way that they kept the old HL style and yet added a modern level of detail.

  • Hellgate: London

    • Zacker
    • November 28, 2006 at 9:26 AM

    The cinematic movie was pretty cool.

  • The random model thread!

    • Zacker
    • November 26, 2006 at 1:25 PM

    My first thought was that it was a lot of polygons for that model, but after a closer look I can see that you got a good bunch of fairly round cylinders which take up a lot. But still, you should be able to get it lower, maybe try posting a wireframe for us to see.

  • Free PHP plugin for Visual Studio

    • Zacker
    • November 26, 2006 at 1:23 PM

    Yeah VS2005 is a lot better, which is why am currently transitioning over to it. And no I finished school this summer and I am currently employed as level designer at IOI.

  • Wii, 360 or PS3?

    • Zacker
    • November 26, 2006 at 1:17 PM

    I have always been loyal to my trusty PC, as there have always been plenty of great games there giving me no reason to buy a console. Lately I have however come in doubt and I am now seriously considering buying a PS2.

    My reason for not buying a console have always been that I would not get anything largely different from what I could get on my PC. In the last years lots of very innovative games have come out for the PS2. Games like EyeToy and Guitar Hero is really something unique that I can't get anywhere else. In the more normal genre but still unique we got exceptional games such as Ico and Shadow of The Colossus.

  • Now playing

    • Zacker
    • November 26, 2006 at 10:32 AM

    What I have been playing the last few days:

    Age of Mythology, never got around to play it while it was hot, so trying to catch up now.

    NS 3.2 beta 1, it still seems to rock even though I got my ass kicked big time.

  • Free PHP plugin for Visual Studio

    • Zacker
    • November 25, 2006 at 7:13 PM

    Ohh I was unaware of that:/ It is annoying enough that they had to split the express version up in a different application for each language. Sounds like that I maybe should stick to my 2003 edition then as I also want to use my plugins for LUA, etc.

    Thanks Wacko, I am looking forward to it:)

  • Free PHP plugin for Visual Studio

    • Zacker
    • November 25, 2006 at 1:45 PM

    As I said in my initial post then just some good syntax highlighting would be ok, but intellisense support would of course also be cool.

    I have been running VS 2003 so far, but I am in the process of shifting over to VS 2005 Express. So a VS2005 express plugin is prefered.

  • Free PHP plugin for Visual Studio

    • Zacker
    • November 25, 2006 at 11:08 AM

    If I wanted yet another IDE, then I would not have asked for a free php plugin for visual studio. VS is my favorite IDE and the one I am the most familiar with, which is why I would prefer to do all my development there.

  • IO Interactive recruiting Level Designers

    • Zacker
    • November 25, 2006 at 11:04 AM

    Yes you need to relocate to somewhere around Copenhagen. There is a good bunch who live in Malmö though, so that is also possible if you prefer Sweden.

    This thread however, is not the place to post what you can do. Neither is it the place for my conclusion regarding your level design skills...

  • Free PHP plugin for Visual Studio

    • Zacker
    • November 24, 2006 at 6:56 PM

    Anyone who knows a free php plugin(with at least syntax highligting) for VS? I have been unable to find anything even after extensive searching.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™