1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Zacker

Posts by Zacker

  • Happy 2007!!!

    • Zacker
    • January 2, 2007 at 8:08 AM

    Happy new year guys:) Was a good night indeed as long as you stayed indoors.

  • Darker shadows in Source?

    • Zacker
    • December 30, 2006 at 11:40 AM

    The bounce command was not about making things darker nor was it about how many times each pixel was lit.

    It controlled the amount of bounces each lightray should perform doing the radiosity pass. Zero bounces being direct lighting only.

  • RnL Trailer

    • Zacker
    • December 25, 2006 at 4:29 PM

    This trailer looked pretty good indeed.

  • WoW Custom Interface

    • Zacker
    • December 24, 2006 at 4:15 PM
    Quote from Zyndrome

    How come it's useless if everyone is using it? >_>

    Uhm everyone are not? I got ~40 addons and none of those use it...Might just be me who is not up to date with what is happening in the WoW world. I haven't really been following it for 3-4 months.

  • WoW Custom Interface

    • Zacker
    • December 23, 2006 at 11:09 AM

    Eew Ace, yet another useless framework to clutter your WoW installation with.

  • de_secretcamp

    • Zacker
    • December 22, 2006 at 8:51 PM

    I was about to say that it looked like yet another of those decent made but still incredible boring and dull looking maps that gets released these days. You others seem to like it though, so it's probably just me...

  • Transformers

    • Zacker
    • December 22, 2006 at 8:07 AM
    Quote from FrieChamp

    The Rock and Bad Boys are good action flicks, no doubt. I'll go as far as to say that The Rock does for action movies in the 90's what Die Hard did for the 80's. But Armageddon and Pearl Harbor? Whaaaa? I'll admit that I liked Armageddon when it came out, but thats nearly 10 years ago.

    His movies are perfectly fine as long as you don't expect too much from them. As Fletch said they're perfect if all you ask is loads of explosions and little else, and sometimes thats all you need.

    The best thing you can say about Michael Bay is that you know what you get at this point, for better or for worse

    These are all movies I associated Jerry Bruckheimer with, I see Bay was also credited for a producer role on some which begs the question what Bruckheimer is doing Securing the financing?

    I must admit that I am not not enough into movies to know if these movies turned out well because of Michael Bay or despite him.

  • Nordic Game Jam 2007

    • Zacker
    • December 22, 2006 at 7:52 AM

    Nordic Game Jam is a game design event similar to Game Development Camp. This however is for everyone, both people in the industry, people studying game dev related subjects or hobbyist game devs.

    Further information in danish:

    Quote

    Tilmeldingen til Nordic Game Jam 2007 er nu åbnet!I år kommer eventen til at finde sted d. 2. til d. 4 februar 2007 på ITU. Sidste år var jo en bragende succéss, hvor det virkede som om alle hyggede sig, samtidig med at der kom 8 flotte produktioner ud af det (kan ses på http://www.igda.dk/nordicgamejam). Kom og vær med i 2007. Det er en mulighed for helt uden forpligtigelse at afprøve nye idéer og teknologier, samtidig med at man møder masse mennesker, der arbejder både i og udenfor branchen.

    Sidste år var der en unik mulighed for at prøve (Unity game editoren). Det gentager vi i februar, men denne gang bliver også Microsofts XNA Studio og Hammer, editoren til Valve’s Source engine vist frem og lagt ud til brug.

    Programmet kan findes på http://www.diginet.org/o.o.i.s?id=1040&news_item=488.

    We are at least 3 from IO who plan on attending, so I hope to see some of you there.

  • PK01 - Quake IV / Source Texture Set

    • Zacker
    • December 21, 2006 at 12:15 PM

    I want NS:Source now!

  • de_wanda by warby ... final release !

    • Zacker
    • December 21, 2006 at 8:12 AM

    Regarding where he works we got this nifty little topic:

    http://www.mapcore.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5989

    Btw. my game director came by while browsing this thread and pretty much just seconded what I already posted in previous replies.

  • Transformers

    • Zacker
    • December 21, 2006 at 8:06 AM

    What is up with all the Michael Bay bashing? He has directed movies like Armageddon, Bad Boys, The Rock and Pearl Harbor. The Rock and Armageddon both being among my favorite films of all time, then I must say I certainly don't understand the Michael Bay bashing.

  • Transformers

    • Zacker
    • December 20, 2006 at 12:16 PM

    I was totally in love with the Transformers cartoons when I was a kid:)

  • Portfolio design

    • Zacker
    • December 20, 2006 at 8:06 AM

    I would also prefer some bigger thumbnails.

  • The room

    • Zacker
    • December 18, 2006 at 5:33 PM

    "ohh, I thought people were laughing of our release dates":D

  • MapCore Job Census

    • Zacker
    • December 18, 2006 at 5:21 PM

    Yeah think it was them and then Nerve Software for the MP part.

  • DM_Marden (Lots of pics)

    • Zacker
    • December 18, 2006 at 3:48 PM

    The style is nice and so is the textures, but it's really too simple overall imo. I said it in your other thread and I will say it again. Your arches are nice, but except for those there is not much detail in this map.

  • MapCore Job Census

    • Zacker
    • December 18, 2006 at 12:16 PM

    Congratz!

  • Help: Creating a good looking portfolio

    • Zacker
    • December 18, 2006 at 12:14 PM

    Welcome to Mapcore J0k3, I am glad you finally made it here:)

    The comments here can be a little harsh, but it's worth it.

  • de_wanda by warby ... final release !

    • Zacker
    • December 15, 2006 at 2:06 PM

    If you complain about the fps in this map, then you so much haven't understood what the map is about. Each map has it's own purpose, high fps is not the purpose of this map.

  • Forum Email Problem: URGENT D:

    • Zacker
    • December 15, 2006 at 1:51 PM

    I have had a friend reporting the same problem some weeks ago. I think he would like his user "J0k3" to be activated if possible.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™