Posts by Zacker
-
-
I don't don't understand what the heck there is going on in that screenshot. What are those wierd walls on the left holding out? why is the ship tilted? Why is the dock dry?
-
I believe I tried this once without any kind of speed increase.
-
Quote from Taylor
The maps look very nice but the screenshots are quite unflattering because you haven’t tweaked the colours and sharpness in Photoshop.
Hey, that is just wrong imo. Tweaking the gamma a bit and similiar is fine, but adjusting colours and sharpness in Photoshop is not ok. Your map screenshots should show your map as close to how it looks ingame.
-
-
Max can do a lot of that stuff already, still impressive though.
-
http://decay.half-lifecreations.com/
http://planethalflife.gamespy.com/View. ... tail&id=67
Now I just hope that it doesn't get foxed.
-
I got some recommendations:
- Move some of all the history text from your screenshots page to somewhere else. When looking at screenshots I don't want more than 2-3 lines with them.
- Get a link for your screenshots page in your menu. What is up with not having a link to your most important page in your menu?
- Merge the level design and portfolio page. What exactly do want with a level design page anyways if you are not showing off your level design?
- Quit mixing netherlandish, hollandish or whatever it is and english.
-
Well I did try to get generals running on my machine, but it kept crashing for some unknown reason(yes my comp should be able to handle it). So my bro installed it on his computer instead and it did not really seem to be any fun there, even when working.
Quotezacker you really should play generals or more specifically zero hour its the only rts game in existence that id say can hold a candle to to starcraft or maybe even surpass it !
That's certainly somewhat of a statement there considering the fantastic gameplay in Starcraft.
-
Well then just mark them as writeable?
-
Correct, the big versions of our screenshots on the site got lost when our webmaster fucked up a server move.
-
Demo out? I need to check that, had a lot of fun with the previous C&C games. Maybe I should try Generals first though.
-
I don't understand why a DVD solution would not work? Burn the files to a DVD, copy them into your new computer. As soon as they are on your hdd again, I see no reason why they should be read-only?!
-
Starcraft, lots of Starcraft! Damn that game still rocks:) Catch me on msn any day and lets have a match. If you don't have a legal copy(shame on you), then just grab Hamachi.
-
Maybe this can help us a little:
-
A high swap buffer is usually due to fillrate limitations. I have heard that you can check your fillrate performance there is cmd called mat_viewportscale or something, which you can adjust up and down.
-
That vent in the ceiling super high up was cool indeed.
-
That looked pretty cool.
-
A software emulation can be continuely updated, which is significantly harder with a hardware solution. I don't really see a problem here if they have just managed to finally get their PS2 emulator working, so that they don't have to include it in the hardware.
-
From http://www.sandsofwar2.com
QuoteFour years ago a mod project dubbed Sands of War was started with the goal of producing a mod that contained the best of CS and TFC. Unlike most other mod teams, these guys actually made it to the release. It did not stop there though as many improved versions followed. A sequel running on the Source engine was even developed and released.Everything however has to come to an end at some point. Today is that point for Sands of War. The Sands of War project is now officially closed.
I, Michael 'Zacker' Schmidt, stopped as game director in October 2006. I had hoped that the mod would continue the great work, but unfortunately that did not happen. Because of this, the crew and I have decided to stop all development on the project.
A few crew members have written a final goodbye in this thread: