1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Zacker

Posts by Zacker

  • Factory Rooms

    • Zacker
    • April 16, 2007 at 9:51 AM

    I really like it, as Insta says then lightrays are always a sure win:) Only issue I see is the blue and the red prop textures, they don't fit in well with the grey/brown desatured look you got going.

  • "Gecko" textures.

    • Zacker
    • April 16, 2007 at 9:48 AM

    With some of it I am not really sure of what it is I am looking at and other parts seem straight out of a tex generator. But overall it looks cool:)

  • How to Craft a Great Multiplayer Experience

    • Zacker
    • April 16, 2007 at 9:41 AM

    Overall a fine read, you kept things fairly to the point.

    Quote

    downtime is always an issue

    I don't agree here, if downtime was real issue then we would just alter the game design mechanics to avoid it. It is still there in many games because it is not an issue, but rather something giving players a well deserved break. It helps to break up all the killing with some moments to think things over in. Without those breaks many of the action filled events would not feel as tense as they do with some downtime.

  • Game Development Camp 2007 - Open for applications!

    • Zacker
    • April 14, 2007 at 7:37 PM

    Yeah I have attended both years and it was great fun both times. Furthermore I also learned a lot and it helped land me the job I have today. So now I am helping others to get the same experience:)

  • Game Development Camp 2007 - Open for applications!

    • Zacker
    • April 13, 2007 at 3:00 PM

    We just opened for applications for participation in Game Development Camp 2007. It's going to build on the massive success from the first two years and will also this year be the largest summer camp about game development in all of Europe.

    The camp gathers 50 of the best game development talents including both programmers, 2d artists and 3d artists. During the week they will receive education in game development and will also develop games themselfs.

    At the end of the week all games developed will be judged by a panel of industry veterans.

    You are entitled to apply for a spot if you are currently in high school and resident in one of the scandinavian countries.

    More more information is available at our website:

    http://www.gdc2007.dk/

  • Zelda models for source

    • Zacker
    • April 13, 2007 at 2:16 PM

    Is this not kinda illegal?

  • dod_zutzendorf

    • Zacker
    • April 13, 2007 at 8:52 AM

    You are right, the water tower does not fit in.

  • Dm_tech (wip)

    • Zacker
    • April 12, 2007 at 2:57 PM

    Looks good, some of the geometry could look as if taken from a good HL1 map though. You are relying on some fairly basic shapes, but overall impression is very nice:)

  • They Hunger: Lost Souls

    • Zacker
    • April 12, 2007 at 2:56 PM
    Quote from JamesL

    Really looking forwards to the mod

    I can't help wondering if your use of the word "mod" was intentional;)

  • [WIP] DoD_Nightingale

    • Zacker
    • April 12, 2007 at 1:05 PM

    Your windows, or whatever the retangular black thing in the upper right corner of the first picture is, fits in very badly with the rest of the map.

  • Summer is coming - maybe MapCore T-Shirts?

    • Zacker
    • April 12, 2007 at 1:01 PM

    Agreed, take as much money for it as you want, just give me my Mapcore t-shirt, now!

  • They Hunger: Lost Souls

    • Zacker
    • April 12, 2007 at 12:56 PM

    Yay for both having custom content and neil manke discussion dramas in one thread!

    Personally I am not too fussed about lost souls, well actually I just don't really care. I have never been a big fan of zombie games and there does not seem to be much more than the usual zombie horror going on in this game.

  • Apache meets Cannibal Corpse

    • Zacker
    • April 11, 2007 at 3:15 PM

    Old danish music video with new music:

    Cannibal Corpse:

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    Prodigy:

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    Work surprisingly well together:D

  • 3d work (some old some new) NSFW

    • Zacker
    • April 11, 2007 at 10:51 AM

    I just realized I was browsing this at work...

  • Halo 3 Multiplayer behind the scenes

    • Zacker
    • April 11, 2007 at 10:49 AM

    I never really understood what people saw in the Halo games, but then again I have never been a fan of FPS on consoles.

  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R uses Doom3 assets

    • Zacker
    • April 10, 2007 at 9:02 PM
    Quote from D3ads

    Sort it by descending...

    As you can see, there are quite a few new registrations in April, so yeah we are recieving more users than usual :roll:

    I did sort it the right way ofc and you will see that we are only at about 5-10 new users per day, which is not to be catagorized as flood. Hence my original post.

  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R uses Doom3 assets

    • Zacker
    • April 10, 2007 at 9:43 AM

    And no, we are not getting flooed by new users:

    http://www.mapcore.net/forums/memberlist.php

  • [WIP] DoD_Nightingale

    • Zacker
    • April 5, 2007 at 10:13 PM

    Hot indeed.

  • Grindhouse: Thanksgiving trailer

    • Zacker
    • April 5, 2007 at 5:11 PM

    That video was indeed some of the most disturbing I have seen in a long time. Good humor here and there though.

  • Insurgency Media Release

    • Zacker
    • April 4, 2007 at 12:10 PM

    Looks fantastic as usual:)

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™