1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Zacker

Posts by Zacker

  • Teen Arrested for Counterstrike Map

    • Zacker
    • May 2, 2007 at 8:53 PM

    So in the land of the free you are not even free to make the maps you want anymore. Granted, it can seem as unrespectful to make a such map, but from there and to the point where you don't allow the guy to graduate - that's madness.

  • ZM_Ancientfinal

    • Zacker
    • May 2, 2007 at 1:07 PM

    There seems to lack a connection between your buildings and stuff in general. The buildings seem to be too much scattered around.

  • de_nereza

    • Zacker
    • April 27, 2007 at 9:51 AM

    This maps badly need better lighting and more shadows. First I thought you had forgotten to run RAD or something.

  • Summer is coming - maybe MapCore T-Shirts?

    • Zacker
    • April 27, 2007 at 9:48 AM

    I am still waiting for a Mapcore or tilde t-shirt.

  • The random model thread!

    • Zacker
    • April 26, 2007 at 12:05 PM

    Nice work there Warby. I see that it has a very organic sci-fi feel to it, semilar to the one of NS2 - have you been inspired by that or?

  • Paranoia mod

    • Zacker
    • April 24, 2007 at 5:20 PM

    Over at moddb they got some more screenshots, many of which still look ok. In particular this shot amazed me a lot back when they released it:

    http://mods.moddb.com/gallery/image/30149/

  • Paranoia mod

    • Zacker
    • April 24, 2007 at 1:46 PM

    I have been following these guys for years and they are talented indeed. I am not to excited about it anymore though as they haven't really been able to push it any further compared to what they showed 2-3 years ago.

  • How many of you wore a suit to your interview?

    • Zacker
    • April 23, 2007 at 12:03 PM

    I did not wear a suit for any of my interviews, I did dress an a little more fine than everyday wear but nothing really special. Absolutely none here wears suits or ties except for a few bosses or lawyer guys once in a while for big meetings.

  • Quake 4 - Method's Hideout (WIP)

    • Zacker
    • April 22, 2007 at 5:44 PM

    Indeed I do.

  • Write about the person above you...

    • Zacker
    • April 22, 2007 at 5:43 PM

    He scored a nice 3rd place in the Old School Contest with Flashback.

  • David Blaine street magic spoof - The sequel

    • Zacker
    • April 22, 2007 at 1:09 PM

    Ok, I actually laughed despite it being pretty retarded.

  • Quake 4 - Method's Hideout (WIP)

    • Zacker
    • April 22, 2007 at 12:59 PM

    Interesting that this is the Q3 engine! I can see it now that you mention it, but I doubt that I would have guessed it otherwise.

    The map looks pretty good, but needs more colorvariation which could be added as more lightsources.

    You should also work a bit with your architecture to make it more interesting. Your walls are done pretty well, but roofs, floors and in particular where those two meets the walls needs work. Raising parts of the floor and roof and having something to connect them better with the walls would help a lot.

  • The random model thread!

    • Zacker
    • April 20, 2007 at 10:02 AM

    Yeah nice sci-fi feeling to those sketches Warby.

  • h4xx0r..

    • Zacker
    • April 20, 2007 at 9:59 AM

    First of all I highly doubt that Valve or any other online payment providers store any kind of CC information in unencrypted way. Generally such systems are built to rarely if ever have the CC information transferred or stored in an exposed way.

    Quote from MJ

    when will valve learn..

    Why does people keep blaming Valve for not having high enough security? If you know the least about online security then you will know that _nothing_ is 100% secure. Considering how popular Valve's services are, then security breaches are bound to happen.

  • Outburst - the open source civil disorder mod thingy.

    • Zacker
    • April 19, 2007 at 8:37 PM

    Amazing stuff here actually, a mod author who acknowledges that it might go down the drain before release and furthermore you do not want to be The Next Big Thing.

  • LinkedIn

    • Zacker
    • April 19, 2007 at 8:32 PM

    I'm not much into this semi-artificial way of networking. At least Linkedin appears to be an a little more serious than Myspace.

  • Summer is coming - maybe MapCore T-Shirts?

    • Zacker
    • April 19, 2007 at 8:31 PM

    Yeah I want tilde shirts!

  • Summer is coming - maybe MapCore T-Shirts?

    • Zacker
    • April 18, 2007 at 10:38 AM

    One thing I just noticed about the brown one strat, is that it's pure brown, while the two others use two colors.

  • Summer is coming - maybe MapCore T-Shirts?

    • Zacker
    • April 17, 2007 at 9:01 PM

    I like them -Stratesiz-!

  • [WIP] DoD_Nightingale

    • Zacker
    • April 16, 2007 at 9:55 AM

    The current buildings are obviously too high for a little village near the silesian-bohemian border in the 40's.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™