1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Zacker

Posts by Zacker

  • Goodbye Canada, Hello Spain!

    • Zacker
    • May 30, 2007 at 11:56 AM
    Quote from Zombie

    P.S. The sun/beaches are so over rated

    No? Back when I was there a few years ago the sun and the beaches were just perfect! Plenty of sun, clean beaches with good space, good waves, etc. - and this was even at the closest beaches.

  • Now playing

    • Zacker
    • May 30, 2007 at 11:50 AM

    I just played Stalker for the first time, as the slow poke I am. It is indeed very visible that the game has been underway for a long time. I played with everything on max and yet it did not really look impressive in any way.

  • StarCraft 2

    • Zacker
    • May 27, 2007 at 11:01 AM
    Quote

    Really hope we can get a game together tonight. Got so much work at the moment, barely any time for games when I'm finally home.But what do I need? Himatchi wutever? Got a nice working legal version but I guess I need to use the same stuff as you if I wanna play you, right?

    A game tonight would be cool. Yes Mazy, you will need Hamachi to play with others who are using Hamachi. I am pretty sure that most of us who use Hamachi actually have a legal version.

  • Goodbye Canada, Hello Spain!

    • Zacker
    • May 25, 2007 at 1:58 PM

    Interesting news here, I had not seen a Grin studio in Spain coming.

  • Ubidays 2007

    • Zacker
    • May 24, 2007 at 2:52 PM

    Agreed, End War looks cool despite I have no clue what kind of game it is. Assissins Creed looks nice as usual and so does their producer;)

  • Game Development Camp 2007 - Open for applications!

    • Zacker
    • May 23, 2007 at 12:59 PM

    Only a week left now to apply in! 98% of the applications are from danes so far though, so we would really like some more people from Norway and Sweden.

  • Insurgency Trailer Release & Website Launch

    • Zacker
    • May 23, 2007 at 12:04 PM

    Looks high quality as always from you guys!

  • StarCraft 2

    • Zacker
    • May 23, 2007 at 11:59 AM

    We can all get in touch by joining the STARCRAFTS network.

  • Vanguard/Sigil Interview

    • Zacker
    • May 22, 2007 at 9:20 AM

    Damn lots of drama.

  • StarCraft 2

    • Zacker
    • May 22, 2007 at 8:50 AM
    Quote from MrBaracuda

    What's the group's name, Zacker?

    J0k4.

  • StarCraft 2

    • Zacker
    • May 21, 2007 at 9:29 PM
    Quote from Mazy

    I'm certainly not holding my breath for its release, wouldn't be surprised if we don't see it out until 2009-2010, even when its looking like its fairly far into production. Remember Warcraft 3? When was the first time they showed that off? 2000? And it was released around 2004. Really hope this isn't the case, but I'm prepared for the worst.Anyway, like I said in the old thread, anyone up for some Starcraft in the weekend? (Only if you haven't played in ages and wont kick ass that is ).

    I just watched the gameplay videos and they show a good bunch of the new content and new features. They are definatly a must see.

    I am definitely up for playing some SCBW(1.14, Hamachi), just catch me any day on msn! I have started playing again with a bunch of random other friends.

    Regarding Warcraft 3 it was released in 2002, but yeah it was announced for a few years before that. WoW was also shown 3 years before it's release. Judging from the videos released so far, I highly doubt that there will go 3 years before we see the release of this baby.

  • Iraq scenery

    • Zacker
    • May 21, 2007 at 9:22 PM

    I am not fond of the palm you have chosen, the leaf textures are heavily oversharpened.

  • Vanguard/Sigil Interview

    • Zacker
    • May 20, 2007 at 11:43 AM

    That was one hell of a fucked up story. I feel sorry for all those dedicated developers who worked their ass off for all that time just to be laid off in the end.

  • Blizzard's new game

    • Zacker
    • May 19, 2007 at 6:57 PM

    Seems to stay very close to the original, which imo is quite the best praise you can give them.

  • Blizzard's new game

    • Zacker
    • May 18, 2007 at 7:21 PM

    Yet another random theory from me: It could also be that Blizzard, just as all their fans, were unable to decide upon which game to make next. So maybe they are going to announce two new games tomorrow!

  • What kind of questions were you asked at your interview?

    • Zacker
    • May 18, 2007 at 5:21 PM

    I went through multiple interview stages and interviews by different people and the questions they asked differed quite a lot.

    It was not as much talking about my portfolio pictures, which they as they said had had plenty of time to look at already.

  • Blizzard's new game

    • Zacker
    • May 17, 2007 at 7:13 PM
    Quote from Izuno

    LOL

    um....just curious but since i'm too lazy to look it up, who owns or built or put up that website? i'm guessing it wasn't valve :roll:

    Actually the website is built by Valve as all that domain contains is a frame with http://www.steampowered.com in it. Regarding the ownership:

    http://www.networksolutions.com/whois/r ... ofshit.com

  • Requesting Europeans!

    • Zacker
    • May 17, 2007 at 5:02 PM

    Hopefully it was not Rick's intention to come across as such as cold hearted jerk.

  • Half-Life2:Awakening released

    • Zacker
    • May 17, 2007 at 4:59 PM

    From the screenshots it seems to be solid work as usual from you Bluestrike! I like how an a lot of this sp mod is based upon your earlier mp levels.

  • Blizzard's new game

    • Zacker
    • May 17, 2007 at 9:56 AM

    What about MMORTS? Blizzard have learned the market is more than ready for MMO's and that this is where the big money is earned. At the same time, it would be dumb to compete with their existing MMORPG and consumerbase. This leads me to believe that some sort of MMORTS would be the wisest choice, at least from a financial point of view.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™