1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Zacker

Posts by Zacker

  • A steam game for just $2.50

    • Zacker
    • June 21, 2007 at 9:00 PM

    So now I actually got around to try it and I must say it's exactly as I expected it to be, in a good way. It's very arcady, simple and action packed. Overall it seems like a good buy after 5mins of playtime:)

  • Programming / Coding for Source

    • Zacker
    • June 21, 2007 at 8:48 PM

    VS 2003 giving problems? Sounds unlikely to me as I still believe it's the official supported IDE for the Source SDK.

  • New book - I need dev interviews.

    • Zacker
    • June 21, 2007 at 8:45 PM

    Well if a company is crap, then it's only fair that the information gets out imo. Likewise if a company is also good on the inside(like IOI is) then I don't see anything wrong with writing an a bit about that.

  • New book - I need dev interviews.

    • Zacker
    • June 20, 2007 at 8:48 PM

    Hey cool that you are doing a new book Hourences! It seems like you picked an interesting subject, there should definitely be enough crazy stuff to write about this business. I had planned on writing an article myself about how to get into the industry and what to expect, but I guess I can drop that idea now:)

    My answers:

    http://www.thefuture.dk/1/interview.doc

  • Devbump.com relaunches with new features and fresh look

    • Zacker
    • June 20, 2007 at 6:32 PM

    Last time I visited Devbump it seemed dead, which was rather sad.

  • Goodbye Canada, Hello Spain!

    • Zacker
    • June 20, 2007 at 6:24 PM

    Haha @ both of you:D

    Good luck with your new Grin job down there.

  • A steam game for just $2.50

    • Zacker
    • June 20, 2007 at 6:22 PM

    You can now get Geometry Wars on Steam for just $2.50. I think it's pretty cool if we are to see more of games with micro prices on Steam. I am really against that all new games has to be set in the same price range, why not let there be different games for different markets.

    http://storefront.steampowered.com/v/in ... AppId=8400

    I am so buying this, mainly because it's like no money anyway.

  • EVE Online

    • Zacker
    • June 19, 2007 at 2:19 PM

    Very interesting story there Wunderboy, stuff like that could really make me pick up the game.

  • BBFC rejects Manhunt 2

    • Zacker
    • June 19, 2007 at 2:17 PM
    Quote

    I don't really get much out of mindless violence in games -- I want a motivation for doing what I'm doing (proper objectives, army games, saving the world etc.)

    Several of you have stated that it's not your kind of game. That's cool with me, it's not my kind of game either - but why on earth should this get it completely banned from release? It is utterly pathetic to believe that something you be banned just because it's not your taste.

  • BBFC rejects Manhunt 2

    • Zacker
    • June 19, 2007 at 12:47 PM
    Quote

    British Classification body rules Rockstar cannot release upcoming PS2 and Wii sequel in the UK

    Quote from CrazyMac

    No, it will be released, It's the fact they want to censor an adult rated game.

    Ehh?

  • EVE Online

    • Zacker
    • June 19, 2007 at 12:45 PM

    Some of Eve sounds pretty cool, but I just don't want to waste several hours of my time on a game before I can enjoy it.

  • BBFC rejects Manhunt 2

    • Zacker
    • June 19, 2007 at 12:42 PM

    What? You guys think this is fair? In my opinion it is an incredible better-knowing, humiliating and a limit of my person freedom that they are not selling it.

    I am so much against that anyone tries to decide what I want to spend my money on. They are basically saying that adults are not old enough to decide on if they want a game or not.

    Rate it 18+, that's fine with me so people know it's violent. But why not give the people the choice?

    If they criterium just is that it might be bad for people, then what about disallowing fast food, coffee and whatnot.

  • RadioactiveToast

    • Zacker
    • June 17, 2007 at 5:04 PM

    Looks fantastic KoKo5oVar, I have always loved your style!

  • The great soft drinks vote!

    • Zacker
    • June 16, 2007 at 9:41 PM
    Quote from FrieChamp

    How fitting

    Haha, owned:D

  • Quake 4 - Method's Hideout (WIP)

    • Zacker
    • June 16, 2007 at 9:38 PM

    Maps for Doom 3 and Quake 4 are made by some kind of Radiant variant.

  • Post your pic extravaganza 2007!!!~

    • Zacker
    • June 15, 2007 at 10:52 PM

    Damn you changed style Peris! I am afraid that it was to the worse though. Seriously, the guy on those two pictures you posted looks like an ass to say it politely.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Zacker
    • June 15, 2007 at 10:42 PM

    In regards to waterfalls you will get a long way with some good animated textures and particle effects.

  • go-kart model

    • Zacker
    • June 15, 2007 at 1:36 PM

    That level looks fantastic!

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Zacker
    • June 14, 2007 at 10:04 AM

    That looks pretty kickass Fmpone.

  • Portfolio feedback

    • Zacker
    • June 14, 2007 at 9:57 AM

    Hey Reno, I like your portfolio page! And your level design also:) Some mentioned that you got too much text, which I disagree with - but I guess that might have been in an earlier version?

    I remember having a good time in your old HLDM maps Echo and Torrent and I believe it's a very good idea that you leave in this older stuff.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™