1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Zacker

Posts by Zacker

  • MapCore on social networks (LinkedIn, Twitter)

    • Zacker
    • March 7, 2012 at 3:52 PM

    I also recently started using Twitter more actively. Their recent site design upgrade definitely made it a lot more usable even though I still find the user experience much sub par compared to e.g. Facebook or Linkedin.

    https://twitter.com/#!/Michael_Zacker

    I tweet about anything game development: programming, usability, level design, running a startup, etc. Mostly related to Pirates of New Horizons.

  • Blizzard cuts

    • Zacker
    • March 1, 2012 at 2:53 PM
    Quote from Zombie

    It does say in the article it IS 90% of support staff

    I can see my interpretation of their statement is quite conservative But no, what what I was really hinting at was the game in question and my guess of department compared to their statement which was a bit more general (ie. non-dev can mean everything from administration over BI to marketing).

  • SimCity V

    • Zacker
    • March 1, 2012 at 2:48 PM

    I certainly hope it gets to be better than SimCity 4. I played that game just recently and it is bug riddled UX disaster.

  • Blizzard cuts

    • Zacker
    • March 1, 2012 at 12:21 PM

    Along the lines of Izuno, I am fairly sure that this is like 90% related to WoW support personnel. Considering the significant reductions in userbase and the fact that WoW is now quite mature, it is not unexpected. They are still actively hiring people as much as always so I see no reason to take this as a general fear of Blizzard going down or anything like that.

  • Pirates of New Horizons

    • Zacker
    • February 29, 2012 at 12:27 PM

    Any kind of feedback is very welcome!

  • What's the plan for MapCore this year?

    • Zacker
    • February 28, 2012 at 5:18 PM

    Great work man, really looking forward to seeing the updates roll out.

  • Black Mesa Source

    • Zacker
    • December 29, 2011 at 5:15 PM

    Anyone who have any kind of estimate of how much work BMS still needs to be releasable in a satisfactory state?

  • How to break in the games industry - an insiders' guide

    • Zacker
    • December 27, 2011 at 7:41 PM
    Quote from Jake Gilla

    I'm curious how many of you LDs, or people just working in the industry, find some modeling skills essential in landing an entry level LD job?On one end I hear modeling isn't the LDs job, but I also notice a lot of LDs know how to do it none the less.

    Modelling skills are not really needed. Being a skilled user of 3d modelling programs however can be very useful. Thing is that you will rarely if ever be doing actual modelling, but you will very often be fixing whatever technical shortcomings that some artists introduce in their models. A good example of this would be fixing up the collision of some prop as a lot of artists just don't have the feel for how get this right.

  • Planet Buster

    • Zacker
    • December 18, 2011 at 6:15 PM

    A personal recommendation: If you have an iPad this is the perfect game for that device, particularly when played with two or more persons

  • Diablo 3

    • Zacker
    • December 11, 2011 at 6:03 PM

    That cinematic was, as always with Blizz, totally awesome!

  • 2000 sales for 1K euro items in Bigpoint MMO

    • Zacker
    • November 30, 2011 at 11:03 PM

    Are you calling an MMO with 65 million users for "relatively unknown"? Also, within micro payment space it is relatively common to rely on 0.01% of your users as main source of revenue, the so called 'whales'.

  • Planet Buster

    • Zacker
    • October 28, 2011 at 9:15 PM
    Quote from AlexM

    Just played it for a while this morning. Fun game, I got some pretty nuts chain reactions. The girlfriend became the passenger seat driver after about 10 mins of watching though If you don't mind my asking how long was the development time on this game?

    Thanks for the feedback! The game has quite a history behind it and was started several years back. Originally it was made by Warby and then some dude I who I don't even know who coded it in Java. Early this year Soenke decided to have the game ported to Unity and he got another friend to start working on that. When we reached September this year the game was still far from done, the 'new' coder was not really interested in doing any further work on it and there were various features that we still wanted to add or change. So I took over the code side of things and together with Soenke finished up the game over something like 1-1½ month where we were mostly full time on this project.

  • Planet Buster

    • Zacker
    • October 25, 2011 at 11:05 AM

    Yay! Even if you don't play match-3 games yourself, then buy it as a gift to your mom or girlfriend. I have heard that they like these kind of games.

  • PAYDAY: The heist

    • Zacker
    • October 24, 2011 at 1:28 PM

    If there is as much Fragile Alliance in this as there looks to be, then it certainly is something I will consider buying. Also, pretty good job on remaking Warby's bridge map, it looks very close the original.

  • So now I'm a dad

    • Zacker
    • September 17, 2011 at 4:23 PM

    First production baby for Pirates of New Horizons Congrats man!

  • MapCore Job Census

    • Zacker
    • September 17, 2011 at 4:15 PM

    That is very cool Furyo, congrats man!

  • Can it run Crysis?

    • Zacker
    • September 9, 2011 at 6:11 PM

    Seems like they are doing a Hitman: Contracts

  • Holy shit the graphics in the new Double Fine game

    • Zacker
    • September 3, 2011 at 7:30 PM

    I lol'led.

  • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

    • Zacker
    • August 28, 2011 at 2:16 PM

    I can really not see how anyone can be hyped by this, looks exactly like CS:S (with minor gfx upgrades ofc) to me. Also, the official trailer is so cheesy its unbelievable.

  • Deus Ex 3

    • Zacker
    • July 24, 2011 at 8:02 PM

    That live action trailer is frikkin amazing!

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™