1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Zacker

Posts by Zacker

  • WoW - Wrath of the Lich King

    • Zacker
    • August 8, 2007 at 9:16 AM
    Quote from Sentura

    that aside, i never actually imagined that people enjoyed raiding. having played mmos for as long as i have (some 4 years total), i long for something more sophisticated than just an endless grind of items/experience/whatever else. i just fail to see this as 'fun'. sorry.

    I have the same feelings for playing, just the completely other way around. I consider most of WoW to be a fairl boring grind, I long for something sophisticated than that. This sophistication I have found in raiding.

    Quote from Sentura

    i see that people's opinion differ, so on top of my previous question, let me ask: what are you going to do when you've gotten all the items you initially started raiding for?PS: zacker are you ever on irc? i reckon we have a mutual friend irl ;o

    First of all I don't really raid for items, I raid because it's fun and challeging. Second, there will always be better items in the even harder instances to strive for, if that is what you want.

    As for your last questions: I haven't been on IRC for years, but yeah we do have a mutual friend - if you are talking of Kasper Videbæk that is.

  • WoW - Wrath of the Lich King

    • Zacker
    • August 7, 2007 at 7:25 PM

    There is some good discussions going on here and many people got some very valid points.

    Quote from Sentura

    the most things i hear that people do in wow is raids. having played several mmos (dark age of camelot and city of villians among others) and been a raid leader, i know from experience that raids aren't for. it's not what you want to do with your end game character. you want the fun part, which i see as pvp/rvr.

    my question here is, do you people do the raids for the fun part, or are you striving for something better, i.e. pvp or ?

    You say that raiding is not what you want with your end game character - that is a statement I VERY much disagree with. Raiding is exactly what I want with my endgame character, it's actually what I want with all of my characters.

    When raiding is done with a good group on the same skill level, age and ambition level as you it is by far the most fun part of the game imo.

    My current issue with WoW is that I want to spend my time raiding and it is incredible hard to achieve that goal. A big part of this issue was introduced with TBC for a lot of the reasons Taylor mentioned. Main issue being smaller raids and less raid instances, creating for much less flexible raiding.

  • 3ds max 2008 announced

    • Zacker
    • August 7, 2007 at 9:32 AM

    http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/in ... id=5659305

    http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/in ... id=7658360

  • Dallas, TX i'm a coming!!!

    • Zacker
    • August 6, 2007 at 2:49 PM

    Congrats LeeDee! And yeah, he already had one at one of the smaller developers.

  • Crysis release date announced

    • Zacker
    • August 6, 2007 at 2:45 PM

    I am still really looking forward to Crysis, mainly because of what you guys did with FarCry. Again judging from FarCry I am not that worried about hardware specs either, as it will probably scale well.

  • MapCore Job Census

    • Zacker
    • August 6, 2007 at 2:32 PM

    Welcome badmofo and CompoSITe! Those names bring memories of good old times:)

  • ultra newb has problems

    • Zacker
    • July 13, 2007 at 9:56 AM

    Hey Rick was actually helpful for once, that's new!

  • dm_moroes - my contest map

    • Zacker
    • July 13, 2007 at 9:50 AM

    Friechamp and the other replies pretty much nailed it. Overall it looks ok, especially the greenhouse, but it feels an a lot like a premade map with warby's models smacked in.

  • CVG preview of Kane & Lynch

    • Zacker
    • July 13, 2007 at 9:43 AM
    Quote

    This isn't just about making a superb game - it's about taking over the world.

    http://www.computerandvideogames.com/ar ... ?id=167944

  • Post your pic extravaganza 2007!!!~

    • Zacker
    • July 12, 2007 at 8:12 PM
    Quote from dux

    SUP HOMIES[Blocked Image: http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/9338/me4yg3.jpg]

    lol I so do not look 20.

    I'm afraid that I have to agree...

  • The E3 07 Thread

    • Zacker
    • July 12, 2007 at 2:57 PM

    I thought the MGS 4 trailer looked extremely cheesy, both for dialogue and visuals.

  • My portfolio

    • Zacker
    • July 12, 2007 at 2:56 PM

    Something is wrong here, you call it a portfolio and yet the frontpage is some kind of news or blog page. I also see that you have models and level design on one page, I would really split that up into two seperate pages.

  • My new Portfolio [updated]

    • Zacker
    • July 12, 2007 at 8:53 AM
    Quote from Minotauro

    Not sure if I can change that, I didn't do the popup script by myself

    Change resizeSpeed to 10 instead of 7 in lightbox.js.

  • My new Portfolio [updated]

    • Zacker
    • July 11, 2007 at 7:29 PM

    Usually I recommend adding your best/latest HL map to show that you have long time and/or low poly experience. Your current stuff there looks pretty kickass though, so it might stand out too much in this case. Otherwise a mighty fine portfolio there:)

  • The E3 07 Thread

    • Zacker
    • July 11, 2007 at 2:03 PM
    Quote from buddy the designer

    It's so cool that it won't even start for me

  • [serious] Is RD still alive?

    • Zacker
    • July 11, 2007 at 2:03 PM

    So the rumor is the real dispair is back.

  • Off site work?

    • Zacker
    • July 11, 2007 at 1:57 PM

    e-freak, an internship position usually requires you to be both skilled and familiar with the tools.

    Zete, he left to study on, he got another topic about it.

  • The 'Core Sketch Thread!?

    • Zacker
    • July 11, 2007 at 10:51 AM

    Shes hot Warby:)

  • FUCK YES!

    • Zacker
    • July 11, 2007 at 10:48 AM

    I love how everyone are congratulating skdr on his two year old topic:D

  • "Multiboxing" & WoW

    • Zacker
    • July 9, 2007 at 2:25 PM

    That is crazyness indeed. I am just thinking of exactly how much money that guy must be spending on hardware, subscription bills, electricity, etc.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™