1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Zacker

Posts by Zacker

  • Fortress Forever is out

    • Zacker
    • September 14, 2007 at 10:09 AM

    Great job guys getting this all the way to release! It's certainly one of the mods which I just have to check out:)

  • De_Forest

    • Zacker
    • September 13, 2007 at 10:54 AM

    This looks pretty damn good! My only small issues are that the rocks look generic egg-shaped and that the rockformation in the 2nd last shot looks lowpoly.

  • [HL²DM] dm_erayo

    • Zacker
    • September 12, 2007 at 12:08 PM

    Yeah it is certainly improving:)

  • Team Fortress 2 beta!!!!!

    • Zacker
    • September 12, 2007 at 11:10 AM

    Damn cool news and the new engineer video is also fantastic. Three great games for the price of one, that is indeed a good deal.

  • 99 achievements in Orange Box

    • Zacker
    • September 12, 2007 at 11:08 AM
    Quote from zaphod

    I would really like to see a well written article by a psychologist / game developer about why people love these arbitrary achievements and the base way to use them in games.

    People have always loved high scores and loved to brag about how far they could get in a game. When taking all this online and public then it's fairly obvious that lots of people go crazy:)

  • ePenis++

    • Zacker
    • September 9, 2007 at 7:45 PM

    That is one kickass computer you got yourself there! I also need to stop overclocking mine and buy some faster components instead...when I get the money that is.

  • Rockband trailer (YOSH!)

    • Zacker
    • September 9, 2007 at 7:41 PM

    That was indeed a horrible trailer!

  • Top 25 selling videogames of all time

    • Zacker
    • September 9, 2007 at 5:05 PM

    WoW has ~9 million active accounts atm. If these sales numbers are correct, then all who have ever bought WoW would still be paying each month - I highly doubt this.

  • How are you doing?

    • Zacker
    • September 6, 2007 at 8:27 PM

    Interesting topic to see on Mapcore! Good idea skdr:)

    Personally my life has changed quite a lot over the last year including new city to live in, new job, new girlfriend, lots of new hobbies, etc.

    Back in high school my life was pretty much just school and Sands of War. Leading a mod after school was quite a time demanding which left me in a constantly stressed state with no time to do anything else.

    After high school I took several months off just to relax and play games and generally do nothing. That time felt really needed for me, when I look back on it it was some incredible boring and dull months though where everyone else moved on except for me.

    Finally I got a job and what a job! My dreamjob as level designer at IOI:) Was quite a change to go from doing nothing to having to move and start at a new job within 14 days.

    The time after moving was quite annoying, I spent all my energy at work so I was wasted when I got home. Furthermore I had no internet for a month which obviously also sucked ass. In addition to this I had very few friends over here so I did not really have anyone to hang out with.

    Since then things has just become better and better:) I have begun to use my newfound sparetime to do all kinds of things that I enjoy but never had time for. I have been taking karate lessons for a good half year now and I really enjoy those.

    I have been with my current girlfriend for around 3 months and we still love eachother most of the time. A downside is that she lives some hours away by train, so for the most time we only see each other in the weekends.

    After this last weekend I have been kinda confused about my love life though. Thing is that I was at a party where I met a nice girl who I kinda ended up together with. We both had strong feelings for eachother, but as I had a girlfriend we just could not take it all the way, it was quite ackward really. So now I would actually really like to go further with this girl, but then again arises the problem that I have a girl already.

  • ModCenter, a mod project manager is out of beta

    • Zacker
    • September 6, 2007 at 8:10 PM

    ModCenter sounds like a good choice for mod teams who want to get organized:

    http://www.modcenter.com

    It features a bug tracking systems, task management system and SVN repository. Sounds like a good deal to me, as I am quite sure most mod teams could benefit from this. At least I know that if I personally dig into modding again, then I am sure as hell going to have proper project management and versioning tools to help me.

  • September's Mini Contest - Go Kart

    • Zacker
    • September 6, 2007 at 2:24 PM

    How about people stop complaining about the texture and polycount limits in a low poly contest?

  • New iPods

    • Zacker
    • September 6, 2007 at 2:21 PM
    Quote from Mazy

    The iPod touch is pretty damn cool, but the 16GB's kill it for me. Seriously, you'll be juggling content like there's no tomorrow, at least if you also plan on using it for videos. Its like having a Nano but with a huge fuckoff screen with the potential of doing really cool stuff.

    Imo 16gb is more than enough to have plenty of music on it. I still have my 256mb mp3 player and it still serves me well.

  • New Image Resizing

    • Zacker
    • September 6, 2007 at 11:59 AM

    Best thing to happen to image resizing since locked aspect ratio!

  • MapCore Job Census

    • Zacker
    • September 5, 2007 at 12:00 PM

    Those two posts at the top of this page don't fit with my idea of Ubi as a great place to work.

  • Time to move on..

    • Zacker
    • September 4, 2007 at 11:56 AM

    Sounds like a well thought through decission, I am sure it wasn't easy to just give up on a fantastic job at Crytek.

    I am curious however, what exactly is "Media economics" about? Does it have anything to do with game or graphic design? Or is it a traditional economics degree with a little twist?

    But good luck!

  • They

    • Zacker
    • September 4, 2007 at 11:49 AM

    I see a citadel?

  • my portfolio again...

    • Zacker
    • September 3, 2007 at 1:17 PM

    Your portfolio has potential to improve an a lot if you listen the advices given so far in this thread. Replace all the redundant text with thumbnails linking to high res images.

  • Command & Conquer & Free

    • Zacker
    • September 3, 2007 at 12:22 PM

    I love when publishers does this. It's not like that they were going to earn much more from that game anyway, so why not make some gamers happy?

  • Ubisoft Titles Go Free On Fileplanet

    • Zacker
    • September 3, 2007 at 12:22 PM

    Wow, cool news indeed! FarCry was a fantastic game and so was RRR(at least on Wii).

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Zacker
    • August 30, 2007 at 3:13 PM

    On that note, it would benefit the map if you made if it clear if it's a factory, lab or hospital.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™