1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Zacker

Posts by Zacker

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Zacker
    • November 26, 2007 at 10:08 PM

    Looks promising! The sun/hdr looks very wierd, but I like the shading of the lighting. First the lighting seemed an a little exaggerated, but after a closer look it fits pretty ok:)

  • The elephant in the room - Kane & Lynch reviews :D

    • Zacker
    • November 24, 2007 at 9:06 PM

    I find it kinda sad with the bad reviews, as I know how much work and dedication that have been put into making K&L a great game. Also I personally feel that it is flawed, but still really good game which deserves slightly better scores.

    There are lots of places with fucked covers, last gen gfx, etc. but there are so many things which makes up for that imo. It's a shame that I can't take any kind of credit for K&L:)

    Releasing the game later on would most certainly not have helped anything. Looking back on it, I think there is a good chance of that the game would have received better reviews if it had released 3-5 months ago. We would not have passed submission back then though.

  • OMG The greatest TV Advert of all time!

    • Zacker
    • November 22, 2007 at 12:30 PM

    Ohh Mr. T, great to see him again:D

  • Best less known games for lanparty...

    • Zacker
    • November 22, 2007 at 12:28 PM

    I can highly recommend two old and crazy mods for HL1:

    - Rocket Crowbar, http://rcrowbar.com/?page=files

    - Surprise! http://www.fileplanet.com/137023/130000 ... prise!-Mod

    Those deliver unlimited fun:)

  • free-to-play digital game distribution app?

    • Zacker
    • November 16, 2007 at 1:43 PM

    Crosus is a great merge between two already good products: Modtoaster and Vapour.

  • Man-portable Robot

    • Zacker
    • November 14, 2007 at 2:06 PM

    That looked quite impressive and hillarious:D

  • The Spire (Gears of War MP)

    • Zacker
    • November 14, 2007 at 9:09 AM

    Looks really great Hourences!

  • ModDB v4

    • Zacker
    • November 14, 2007 at 9:02 AM

    Those look very similar indeed!

  • Interesting collaboration software for artists

    • Zacker
    • November 7, 2007 at 2:54 PM

    Pretty much everyone in the games industry have been switching from AB to P4 over the last few years, thankfully. Alienbrain was horrible slow and inefficient, P4 is the way to go.

    Same with CVS and SVN, SVN is clearly the best, but I think that a good bunch of people are still using CVS.

  • Half Life 1&2 in 60 seconds

    • Zacker
    • November 7, 2007 at 2:24 PM

    That was hilllarious:D

  • Microsoft, Direct X 10

    • Zacker
    • November 6, 2007 at 10:43 AM

    There are so many misunderstandings around DX10 and it almost seems like two sides in a battle.

    Microsoft on the one hand is trying to make DX10 the sole reason why Crysis looks better than Halo, which is complete bullshit. There is also a bunch of whiny gamers who can't see any instant change in the DX10 version of their game and thereby concludes that DX10 has nothing to offer over DX9 - this is also very wrong.

  • "The Zoo" ( Decadence) (Updated 1st nov)

    • Zacker
    • November 2, 2007 at 1:32 PM

    I think it looks pretty cool! I recommend that you try to stick to the original parts of the map and emphasize them when possible. You got a nice worn-down look, which imo is an a lot cooler than e.g. an overused bombed city scenario.

  • New PS3 TV spot campaign

    • Zacker
    • November 2, 2007 at 1:27 PM

    I thought it looked pretty good:)

  • lol finally !

    • Zacker
    • November 2, 2007 at 1:25 PM

    The new 8800GT is indeed THE card to go for atm.

  • THIS IS SICK! 3DRipperDX

    • Zacker
    • November 1, 2007 at 2:17 PM

    That is quite amazing!

  • Kane & Lynch to come out 1 week earlier, November 14th

    • Zacker
    • November 1, 2007 at 2:07 PM

    I am usually sitting at the desk infront of Mazy(behind Warby that is), can I plz also haev INTARWEB FAEM!1?

    Anyway cool to see that those guys pulled it off to release it one week early:)

  • mapCon: europe

    • Zacker
    • October 29, 2007 at 11:18 AM

    I can recommend this one:

    http://danhostel.dk/vandrerhjem.asp?lan=uk

    It's very much downtown, good quality and still at an okay price. 70EUR per night for a 4-person room. That's less than 20EUR per person:)

  • Half-Life 2 Underside

    • Zacker
    • October 29, 2007 at 11:10 AM

    I find it dissapointing to see the result of someone trying to turn that brilliant concept art into 3d.

  • Mapping for non fps/action games?

    • Zacker
    • October 26, 2007 at 9:23 PM

    I have personally had loads of fun with creating tracks for racing games and maps for RTS games. It's almost as traditional 3d level design:)

  • ZM_Desolo Released!

    • Zacker
    • October 26, 2007 at 2:20 PM

    It looks really great on the small thumbnails.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™