1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Zacker

Posts by Zacker

  • MapCore Job Census

    • Zacker
    • December 20, 2007 at 1:55 PM
    Quote from mikezilla

    updated the first page with the gearbox peoples projects.

    You can add "Fragile Alliance, Project 3" next to my name and make the name link to http://www.thefuture.dk . You may also add "Fragile Alliance" next to Mazy and Warby.

  • The Duke is still alive, teaser incoming

    • Zacker
    • December 19, 2007 at 2:14 PM
    Quote from Alf-Life

    If only we could release some of the video shenanigans people have cooked up for the last few Crytek Christmas parties!

    If only we could release some of the video shenanigans people have cooked up at the last few IOI Christmas parties!

  • The Dark Knight stuff

    • Zacker
    • December 19, 2007 at 1:20 PM

    The heist clip just has K&L and Fragile Alliance written all over it:D

  • The new year is coming...

    • Zacker
    • December 19, 2007 at 1:12 PM
    Quote from D3ads

    With what? There's only one cable line to the house which is connected to the 20mb connection I'm using right now. I'm certainly not paying for another line, there's no guarantee I'll even be here for long next year to make use of it.

    Sorry D3ads, but I really laughed my ass off when I read this. I know you haven't read up on anything released in the last 8 years, but I thought network connections were older than that?

  • Music library organization

    • Zacker
    • December 19, 2007 at 8:59 AM

    Personally I have a very clean and organized music library. This allows me to both keep a large collection of music and yet not always listen to everything. Sometimes I just have it set to shuffle and then I do listen to everything while at other times I use a few mins to set together a temp queue.

    If you need a quick way to get a playlist according to your current mood then I can recommend MusicIP Mixer. Give it one song as input and then it will create you a playlist with similar songs. I have only tried the Winamp plugin though, so I dunno about the standalone player.

    http://www.musicip.com/

  • The Duke is still alive, teaser incoming

    • Zacker
    • December 19, 2007 at 8:49 AM

    The first trailer still kicks ass:D

  • Ultra High Quality Custom Config

    • Zacker
    • December 18, 2007 at 3:02 PM
    Quote from Minotauro

    You will probably laugh at this in a 2 years. Technology evolves way too fast :comeback:

    I highly doubt that anyone will laught at this in 2 years. Half-Life 2 was released in 2004 and yet nobody laughed of it in 2006. Crysis is even stronger, relatively, than HL2 was, so I really don't think that it will be the case here either.

  • MapCore Job Census

    • Zacker
    • December 18, 2007 at 2:58 PM
    Quote from Algor

    Either you're all finally posting where you work at, or everyone just got freakin' hired up. Either way, congrats to the latest folks who posted. Also, does Nexus ever make sense?

    A lot of people are currently reposting their info to include a link to their portfolio. Regarding Nexus the answer is no.

  • Welcome to the New Forums!!

    • Zacker
    • December 18, 2007 at 2:56 PM
    Quote from KungFuSquirrel

    Ok, if someone wishes to continue borrowing my copy of Orange Box for the 360, someone needs to make sure links open in new tabs/windows. STAT.

    Having applications force choices upon the user is bad design imo. If I want my links to open in a new tab, then I will just middle-click. It doesn't matter if it's possible to hack the validation or not, as a validation is just there to help you write proper websites.

  • Welcome to the New Forums!!

    • Zacker
    • December 17, 2007 at 8:52 PM

    Thanks a lot for this quick update and the fixes! Seems like someone spent a good bunch of hours on getting it working:)

  • MapCore Job Census

    • Zacker
    • December 15, 2007 at 5:02 PM

    Congrats!

  • Grin opens new studio in Gothenburg, Sweden

    • Zacker
    • December 14, 2007 at 3:25 PM

    That speed of expansion is pretty damn impressive!

  • MapCore Job Census

    • Zacker
    • December 10, 2007 at 6:42 PM

    Congratz man, that's a pretty cool place to start out!

  • Post your room pic extravaganza 2007!!!~

    • Zacker
    • December 6, 2007 at 1:47 PM

    Stone tiles in your living room and at your computter? That's cold:( Except for that, I like the style of your hideout.

  • Battlefield: Bad Company - Engine trailer

    • Zacker
    • December 6, 2007 at 1:39 PM

    Very well produced vid:)

  • The elephant in the room - Kane & Lynch reviews :D

    • Zacker
    • December 5, 2007 at 10:26 AM

    Some interesting comments from Gamespot in their latest HotSpot:

    http://www.gamespot.com/pages/features/ ... /index.php

  • new website + etqw stuff

    • Zacker
    • November 30, 2007 at 3:00 PM

    Your ungarn map still looks great!

  • cs_siege_2007

    • Zacker
    • November 29, 2007 at 1:20 PM

    Siege was an a lot of fun, but it suffered greatly from the fact that the terrors had a huge advantage. One of the main issues was that it was too linear.

    If you are remaking it, then I really think that such issues should be taken care of.

  • Level Design for different engines...

    • Zacker
    • November 29, 2007 at 1:09 PM

    The answer to your question "am I going to need to learn to model?" depends an a lot on what exactly you mean. If you mean model as in making characters, high poly stuff, unwrapping, details, props, etc. then the answer is a no - very few level designers deal with that kind of stuff.

    If you on the other hand mean being able to work in a modelling package such as 3ds max, then it the answer is more of a yes. There is an a lot of engines relying heavily on meshes and also a good bunch where all level design is done purely in a modelling package.

    As a level designer it's not something you need to care greatly about though. Even if you haven't touched 3ds max before, then you, as an experienced level designer, can learn the needed stuff within a few weeks.

  • mapCon: phase 2

    • Zacker
    • November 28, 2007 at 1:17 PM

    We could also meet up at Nordic Game Jam 2008! It's a event where game devs from the universities, the industry, modders, etc. meet and make a game in a weekend.

    http://www.diginet.org/o.o.i.s?id=1040&news_item=775

    http://www.igda.dk/nordicgamejam2008/

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™