1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Zacker

Posts by Zacker

  • making money with custom maps !?

    • Zacker
    • January 12, 2009 at 10:01 PM

    I consider it as really interesting that you have put both thoughts and experiments into how one can make money out of making custom maps!

    The one third that was deeply offended really annoys me. What is wrong about asking people to donate, if they want to? It's not like that you are taking anyones money or forcing anyone to do anything. I don't believe it to be against the mod community in any way as it's totally fair imo that people want some monetary reward for the work they do.

    I don't believe that anyone will ever get anywhere near a decent pay for making custom maps. You could probably go really agressive with your donation strategy but I don't really believe that it will ever hit 500£ or any decent amount.

  • Steam, 1€ = 1$

    • Zacker
    • December 29, 2008 at 7:41 PM
    Quote from Warby

    i think things are moving world of goo and cod4 two games i wanted to buy have just reduced their price by roughly 25% cod is now 37,49 and goo is 14,99 and in the shopping card price listing it doesn't look like its adding any tax the estimated subtotal is the same as the individual unit price. can anybody with an us account confirm that cod is still 49 .99 and goo 19.99 ?

    Yeah, VAT is now included in the price.

    Regarding the christmas discount I just took advantage of it to get BioShock which I never got around to play and now I got it for less than 5 bucks! That's a damn good deal if you ask me.

  • DUKE

    • Zacker
    • December 25, 2008 at 4:58 PM
    Quote from Jetsetlemming

    There's more polys in that stripper's butt than the entirety of duke's head and shoulders by the looks of it. :

    Lol yeah I also noticed that that they got their priorization right:)

  • MapCore Job Census

    • Zacker
    • December 25, 2008 at 2:05 PM
    Quote from Hourences

    Neat, thats cool Any info on that studio? Can't find a lot.

    Yeah it's a cool job so far and quite different in many ways from what I have been doing earlier on. There is very little info out yet as the company is still quite new and small. The game we are working on is an online non-violent satirical space-opera football management computergame.

  • DUKE

    • Zacker
    • December 23, 2008 at 7:22 PM

    I think it looks great and I am still looking forward to it! Duke forever:)

  • MapCore Job Census

    • Zacker
    • December 23, 2008 at 7:18 PM

    You can add me as Game Designer at Boolean Mystics:)

  • Best mods you ever played?

    • Zacker
    • December 6, 2008 at 9:10 PM

    Counter-Strike

    Natural Selection

    Rocket Crowbar

    Surprise

    Sands of War;)

  • little big planet

    • Zacker
    • November 10, 2008 at 11:08 AM

    I tried just running around in one level and that was quite a pleasant experience! It seemed to be play very much like a regular platform game, but the coop, music, physics and art direction just made it a really really cool experience:)

  • Natural Selection 2

    • Zacker
    • November 10, 2008 at 11:05 AM

    I definitely also have my worries regarding if those two guys can really handle this much. Building a brand new AAA 3d engine with support for FPS and RTS gamemodes is quite an insane task to take on for just 1-2 guys. As a gamer I would like a NS2 to come out as soon as possible and I am not entirely sure if that's going to happen anytime soon.

  • DM-Grand-Diablo [PC/PS3] 100% Custom Content

    • Zacker
    • November 6, 2008 at 1:52 PM

    Fantastic work Warby!

  • Make games for iPhone with Unity3d.

    • Zacker
    • November 6, 2008 at 1:45 PM

    Unity is a very nice engine and dev environment to work with indeed! And David, the guy behind it, he is a great guy to party with:D

  • MapCore Job Census

    • Zacker
    • November 4, 2008 at 2:03 PM

    Congratz Bluestrike! And about damn time;) Not many westerns moving to Asia though, interesting choice. Be prepared for that pink is totally cool as a boy colour:D

  • Coop

    • Zacker
    • October 28, 2008 at 6:00 PM
    Quote from dux

    Why? System Shock 2, the last great coop game had it patched in because people asked for it. Why can't that be done today, still? Coop is wanted on many, many g ames but it's never added on some basis that it's "Too hard". True, I can see it being tough with Stalker for example but that doesn't excuse the other less complex games. Is it just plan lazyness on developers behalf or the Publishers not allowing them time to add it in as they don't see it as a feasible addition with their budget?

    Implementing COOP to an existing game is by no means an easy task, even with fully working SP, MP and splitscreen already! There is an a lot more coding to be done than you might expect. I know this as I experienced it firsthand with Kane & Lynch, which I worked on the DLC for. COOP was a highly requested feature, but it did not get in as it would probably have doubled the dev time on the patch/DLC.

    Think of e.g. the thousands of characters running around on some K&L levels, how would you synchronize those over network? This is just not possible without insane amounts of bandwidth.

  • DM-Grand-Diablo_Beta3 Mega Update !!!! image heavy

    • Zacker
    • October 20, 2008 at 5:46 PM

    I'm loving it! I think the lighting suits the map well, it looks like a fairly simple light setup, but that also makes each element that much stronger.

  • The Ball - Indie FPS Action/Puzzle Game

    • Zacker
    • October 20, 2008 at 1:15 PM

    Wow, two 1st prices! Thats quite impressive hourences, congrats with that!

  • The Orion Conspiracy

    • Zacker
    • October 19, 2008 at 6:54 PM

    Somewhat boring but it actually somehow managed to keep me watching almost half of it! Lots of nice Photoshopping in it though.

  • Love

    • Zacker
    • October 17, 2008 at 9:40 PM

    Love is pretty cool, even though the artistic quality of the screenshots varies an a lot imo.

  • [HL2DM] dm_arbogast

    • Zacker
    • October 14, 2008 at 10:02 PM

    Hey Mazy, about damn time that you got around to release this one! But impressive that you actually got it released considering it's development history;)

    I was not too impressed with the looks of it back then, but looking at it now it actually holds up pretty well.

  • stockholm (danger! lots of images)

    • Zacker
    • October 12, 2008 at 9:05 PM

    Quite some nice pictures there!

  • StarCraft II to be Split into 3 Separate Games

    • Zacker
    • October 11, 2008 at 12:39 PM

    This is madness! Or a more episodic release structure.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™