1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Zacker

Posts by Zacker

  • I hate my country.

    • Zacker
    • February 14, 2009 at 6:21 PM

    Lol wtf, that girl looks at least twice as old the boy. And still not old enough to be a mom.

  • Half-Life 2: The (Short) Movie

    • Zacker
    • February 14, 2009 at 6:03 PM

    Woah, that was pretty damn cool! I just want more:)

  • how does the internet know where i am from ?

    • Zacker
    • February 11, 2009 at 8:54 PM
    Quote from Warby

    i am living in denmark right now because of my job at io interactive and i am really starting to wonder why i am living here because everything is super expansive i pay like 50% of my salary in tax. its ass fucking cold during the winter ( and sping and fall aswell really)

    Why? Because the chicks are better than anywhere else.

  • GI Joe

    • Zacker
    • February 8, 2009 at 1:25 PM

    Ok, this was just pure 90's.

  • Free Radical closing down!?

    • Zacker
    • February 4, 2009 at 10:53 AM

    So Crytek is expanding even further, I thought they would have enough in 3 studios.

  • 4x Photoreal Facades for Turbosquid

    • Zacker
    • February 2, 2009 at 7:16 PM

    That's very photo based indeed! It looks pretty boring, but solid though. Do they have normalmaps?

    But 35$, isnt't that an a lot? I don't browse such sites much, but I am pretty sure you would usually sell simple stuff like this for less. Anyway, good luck with earning money on it, be sure to report back if it works!

    EDIT: Now that I actually read the details, I see that there is more than what meets the eye. LODs, collision meshes, etc. all obviously increase the value:)

  • UT3 editor

    • Zacker
    • January 30, 2009 at 12:30 PM

    Yes thank you Frie, that one:)

  • Mega UT3 update, plus activate retail copies on Steam!

    • Zacker
    • January 30, 2009 at 12:28 PM

    Sounds great and a really nice move from Epic considering the age of the game.

  • UT3 editor

    • Zacker
    • January 29, 2009 at 2:34 PM

    The 3dbuzz videos are pretty good and starts out with some very basic stuff, so you can easily watch them even with no prior Unreal or ld experience. For further resources we used to have a thread with lots of nice links in it, but I can't find it atm.

  • Global Game Jam

    • Zacker
    • January 26, 2009 at 12:48 PM

    On that note I just have to tell a story about my first game jam in 2007. I ended up in a group where we wanted to developed in Unity as that was clearly a very promising platform and there were people on site to help us with technical issues. We did however have a serious lack of Macs in the group, which is required as the Unity dev IDE does not run on Windows.

    We tried to call around to friends and see if we could borrow some macs, but this only gave us one more. So we had to drive over to IO, where a bunch of us worked, and grap one of the Xbox devkits which are actually based on Apple hardware. This is quite a paradox considering how much competetion there is between Apple and Microsoft and yet Microsoft used Apple hardware due to these having an IBM PowerPC like the Xbox.

  • Global Game Jam

    • Zacker
    • January 25, 2009 at 9:08 PM

    I have been to the last two Nordic Game Jams, which is where the idea originates from and it's definitely something I can recommend. In particular if you are in a fairly specialized position then it's cool be doing something completely else than your day job.

  • the curious case of benjamin button

    • Zacker
    • January 25, 2009 at 9:04 PM
    Quote from Spellbinder

    And ooh Tomb Raider is in this movie?

    [Blocked Image: http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n41/SpeIlbinder/tombr.jpg]

    LOL nicely spotted! Except for the breast size, it's pretty spot on:D

  • lego design

    • Zacker
    • January 25, 2009 at 9:03 PM

    That system is really cool indeed:)

  • More epic Sony PR...

    • Zacker
    • January 23, 2009 at 12:12 AM

    A 4 year old kid could have come up with a significantly less pathetic excuse.

  • Bamboo (Fun)

    • Zacker
    • January 20, 2009 at 8:49 PM

    I did some research on fairly cheap but decent digitizers lately and in this segment Wacom Bamboo is definitely interesting. From what I remember Bamboo Fun is clearly the superior one and as the price differences are minimal between these three models, then this one should definitely be bought.

    I was used to an Intous A5 at IO, but I hope a Bamboo Fun will be good enough for me.

  • IO Interactive presents Mini Ninjas

    • Zacker
    • January 19, 2009 at 10:59 AM

    More screenshots here, including some of the ds version:

    http://www.computerandvideogames.com/ar ... ?id=206120

  • IO Interactive presents Mini Ninjas

    • Zacker
    • January 18, 2009 at 11:51 AM
    Quote from seir

    Didn't you work on K&L:DM ?

    That too yes.

  • IO Interactive presents Mini Ninjas

    • Zacker
    • January 17, 2009 at 4:23 PM

    Yeah I guess I should mention that I had the honor of doing level design on this title. First level designer on the game actually:)

  • IO Interactive presents Mini Ninjas

    • Zacker
    • January 17, 2009 at 12:36 PM

    Finally there is a trailer online:) You can really look forward to this one!

    http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/mini ... os/1280250

  • Quake Live Beta

    • Zacker
    • January 15, 2009 at 9:51 PM

    If anyone still has any invites left then I would love to try it:)

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™