1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Zacker

Posts by Zacker

  • From The Past To The Future: Tim Sweeney Talks

    • Zacker
    • May 27, 2009 at 1:39 PM

    Anyone interested in the background of Tim Sweeney, Epic, shareware games or just history og game development in general should read this quite long article:

    http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/4 ... e_tim_.php

  • Starcraft II trailer awesomeness

    • Zacker
    • May 26, 2009 at 8:22 PM

    That was spot on:D

  • Forgotten Games - Remakes

    • Zacker
    • May 26, 2009 at 8:04 PM

    Nice thread! I loved both H&D, Outcast and Codename Eagle

    Some of my most wanted would probably be:

    Stunts 4d:

    [Blocked Image: http://www.pspsource.de/hdp_images/newspost_images/1176134230/stunts1.gif]

    Transport Tycoon Deluxe. Kind of getting what I want from OTTD, but still not quite.

    [Blocked Image: http://www.game-graphics-nostalgia.com/classic-games/transport-tycoon-deluxe/transport_tycoon_deluxe_4.jpg]

  • 5 Real Life Soldiers Who Make Rambo Look Like a Pussy

    • Zacker
    • May 26, 2009 at 12:46 PM

    Haha fantastic article to read! Some of that shit really sounds unbelievable.

  • New Team ICO Trailer Leaked

    • Zacker
    • May 22, 2009 at 12:46 PM

    It definitely seems like that they are able to keep up the fantastic atmosphere from their previous games Also the very strong emotional relationship between the main character and his NPC side-kick is also present here.

  • Meet the Spy!

    • Zacker
    • May 19, 2009 at 9:16 PM

    That was some very well spent three minutes watching this one

  • "Fresh meat" wave in company

    • Zacker
    • May 7, 2009 at 8:09 PM

    I really believe that a mix of experienced developers and fresh meat is the best way to go. There is so much more energy and fresh opinions from new guys, but they really need experienced developers to help them from falling in all the pitfalls.

    Regarding training time I just have to throw in a quote of shameless self-promotion from my first boss at IO a few weeks after I started: "Usually learning all the tools takes months...seems like you did that in just a few weeks"

  • Now Playing/completed thread 2009

    • Zacker
    • May 3, 2009 at 2:38 PM

    I totally forgot the two highly enjoyable casual games I play on my laptop:

    Peggle

    I didn't think too much of it when I played the Extreme edition that came with The Orange Box. Playing the full deluxe version however has really changed my view, as this is quite an entertaining and addictive game! At first sight I had never imagined this game to contain so many fine details that just keeps you coming back.

    World of Goo

    Also quite an enjoyable game which is a worthy follow up to Tower of Goo, which I also spent quite some hours on. Again, in the first season I was not too impressed as it seemed an a little too much like the regular ToG. It really evolves into much more later on though. It never really peaks as it is after all mostly still just a physics simulator, but a well made one that is.

  • District 9

    • Zacker
    • May 2, 2009 at 3:41 PM

    Woah, they had me sitting here with a very surprised look on my face when that spaceship appeared halfway through the trailer. I really like the way they anthropomorphize the aliens and thereby transforms the story into a true fable allowing one to reflect upon how this can give a perspective to current day conflicts.

  • Now Playing/completed thread 2009

    • Zacker
    • May 2, 2009 at 1:18 PM

    The game I am playing the most currently is Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War. I'm at mission 8 on the campaign and so far it is overall quite a solid RTS game. There is not really that much new in the game and the troop AI can be really annoying at times. Still it's a quite fine game and probably one I will finish.

    I started playing Mass Effect some months ago but stuck after a few hours at some bombs that had to be disabled, but I was unable to find all of them. It was actually a decent game up until that point though, so I will probably give it another shot at some point.

    Started BioShock some months ago after all the hype it got back around release I could not help being very unimpressed by it. Fine generic shooter, played it for a few hours and then lost interest.

    Just started Shadow of the Colossus some weeks ago after having given up on the highly annoying Ico. Not really hooked on this one either yet.

  • 1000 true fans

    • Zacker
    • April 30, 2009 at 8:33 PM

    Very nice articles there Frie, thanks!

  • [CSS] de_vigor_rc1

    • Zacker
    • April 4, 2009 at 7:19 PM

    Not bad for a 14 year old at all:)

  • Tamil Matrix

    • Zacker
    • April 2, 2009 at 8:09 PM

    Very Mazy-ish

  • Alpine Legend - Are you ready to yodel?

    • Zacker
    • April 2, 2009 at 8:06 PM

    I am definitely going for the Tri-Horn Pack.

  • Where the Wild Things Are

    • Zacker
    • March 29, 2009 at 8:46 PM

    I am not really sure of what to say of this either. It looks like a regular family adventure movie, but then again not quite.

    I have never heard of the book.

  • Project Offset

    • Zacker
    • March 27, 2009 at 4:11 PM

    Did we not see cool tech videos of this project already years ago?

  • World Builder

    • Zacker
    • March 14, 2009 at 1:34 PM

    That was pretty damn cool! The first half in particular, that was pure level/gfx design with a very nice interface:)

  • MapCore Job Census

    • Zacker
    • March 11, 2009 at 9:26 PM

    Hey cool companies Lee and Mojo, congrats!

  • Interior designers, design my apartment

    • Zacker
    • February 21, 2009 at 10:41 PM

    This thread is fucking epic:D Nice job Mapcore!

  • New 3DsMax with new modeling features

    • Zacker
    • February 14, 2009 at 8:17 PM

    Cool, for the last many max releases I along with most other people have far from been impressed with the amount of modelling additions. Or just any kind of real addition. I am using max 2008 on this computer but I doubt I would even notice if it was a few versioners older or newer.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™