1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Zacker

Posts by Zacker

  • Engine Programming course

    • Zacker
    • September 19, 2009 at 6:02 PM

    I know there are programmers in here, so this thread is for you and others with an interest in Engine Programming. As some of you might know, I was recently appointed course manager of a graduate course in Engine Programming. I do not have that much engine programming experience, so I am very much in need all the feedback and input I can get. And Mapcore tends to be good at giving feedback

    You can find the course webpage here:

    https://blog.itu.dk/MENP-E2009/

    In there you will find course schedule, my slides and more. How does it look? Any important areas that I have left out in the course plan? Any wrong information in my slides? Any feedback is appreciated.

  • Puzzelbloom

    • Zacker
    • September 5, 2009 at 9:18 PM

    I am teaching Game Development and Engine Programming at a graduate program at the IT University of Copenhagen.

  • Moon

    • Zacker
    • September 5, 2009 at 10:03 AM

    I really think this looks like a fantastic movie. You can totally see that it is not so much of a modern hollywood movie but more of a classic and clever sci-fi one, which is cool.

  • Puzzelbloom

    • Zacker
    • September 5, 2009 at 9:58 AM

    It is indeed a cool little game they got there. Very classic and accessible and yet fresh.

    Now we are at the name dropping I should of course I also add that some of those are my former students.

  • MapCore Job Census

    • Zacker
    • September 3, 2009 at 6:57 PM

    I must also admit that it does indeed seem like a surprising and sad loss for UWE with both of those two guys leaving.

  • Serious Sam HD - Comercial

    • Zacker
    • August 29, 2009 at 9:19 PM

    I loved this one

  • Filip Coulianos - Level Designer

    • Zacker
    • August 29, 2009 at 9:16 PM

    I would just like to join the crowd here and say that it indeed is a very solid portfolio you have there! At first I thought 7 minutes of video just for one project was a bit excessive, but it turned to interesting enough for me to watch through all of it

  • crosseye 3d pictures

    • Zacker
    • August 17, 2009 at 10:04 PM

    My eyes kinda hurt when I try to look at such pictures.

  • QuakeCon2009

    • Zacker
    • August 14, 2009 at 11:25 AM

    That latest rage trailer look slightly cliche, but quite awesome still.

  • IO Interactive presents Mini Ninjas

    • Zacker
    • August 14, 2009 at 11:20 AM
    Quote from Skjalg

    Hey Mazy, beeing the final core member left at IO, are you also looking for another place to work?And if so, is IO a sinking ship?

    From what I know, it is most certainly not! I can not think of any company which would have been harder for me to leave than IO. As Mazy said, there was just other things in life which I felt like trying out.

  • MapCore Job Census

    • Zacker
    • August 12, 2009 at 6:52 PM

    To all former GRIN employees, I am very sorry to hear that! GRIN had picked up so many talents from the modding community so it is indeed very sad to see it go.

    I must say that I believe their overly rapid expansion over the past few years has paid into the fact that they ran out of liquidity. Opening a new studio in another country is quite an expensive and exhausting thing to do, and they did that an a lot.

    I hope and belive that many of you will soon find a job again. Don't get too dismissed by what Mazy said about IO, I recommend applying anyway. I am not entirely up-to-date anymore on what's going on in there, but it still is a great company and they have to my knowledge lost more level designers than they have gained over the past year.'

    In other news if anyone cares, I am now also external lecturer at the IT University of Copenhagen. I will be in charge of the Engine Programming course for their master degree, which I believe is going to be very challenging as I am not that experienced as a programmer.

  • 10 Best Game Engines of This Generation

    • Zacker
    • August 4, 2009 at 3:38 PM

    Interesting, I never knew that the parts of the C&C engine used voxel technology.

  • Gaikai

    • Zacker
    • July 2, 2009 at 1:16 PM
    Quote from Skjalg

    I'd hate it if WoW was just a click away :s

    WoW actually has a streaming client which works very effectively and almost makes the game only a click away

  • MapCore Job Census

    • Zacker
    • June 11, 2009 at 11:25 AM

    Woah Dux! That is pretty amazing Many congratz with that position! Definitely a step up from TurboSquid

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Zacker
    • June 5, 2009 at 5:24 PM

    Mazy, I assume your brother is getting the one with just 2 seats and parrot plate? That should cut off at least 100k off the price of that baby there.

  • Under Siege - PSN

    • Zacker
    • June 4, 2009 at 8:17 PM

    Looks pretty good and quite impressive taking into account the fact that it's your first bigger game, the small dev team and all that

    One thing however which really annoyed me was that fact that you are playing all animations such as the run animations in sync. Nobody in real life swings their sword in sync with the rest of their squad. It takes very little work to add in a bit of random offsetting and it would highly increase the overall impression and believability in the game.

  • MapCore Job Census

    • Zacker
    • May 30, 2009 at 12:27 PM

    You can move me from Boolean Mystics to Based on Experience. BM was pretty cool in the beginning, cool concept and lots of freedom to work on whatever I wanted to. The project manager however started loosing interest in the project and we had issues getting further investments. Generally the manager performed very poor leadership and very rarely communicated with the rest of the team. The only things I saw from him the last months were my paychecks, no feedback on my work whatsoever. I couldn't work under such management, so I quit.

    Before quitting BM I had already been doing a bit of contract game design work for another startup called Based on Experience. So it was natural to move to these guys after quitting BM.

    At Based on Experience we are still fighting the same tough fight for investors, but at least the management here is much much better. I also have the title of Game Designer here but just as at BM I am not just doing game design, but anything from business plans to programming

  • IO Interactive presents Mini Ninjas

    • Zacker
    • May 29, 2009 at 7:06 PM

    Lots of new media online at http://www.minininjas.com including a gameplay trailer.

  • Rumour: Mass layoffs hit Grin?!!

    • Zacker
    • May 28, 2009 at 8:52 PM

    Ahh that sucks for those guys at Grin! I really feel sorry for all the Mapcorians working there.

    While it probably looks dark for those fired right now, you shouldn't worry too much. There will always be a job for those of you who got the skills, which includes all the Mapcorians working there.

  • Natural Selection 2 teaser video

    • Zacker
    • May 28, 2009 at 8:46 PM

    I am not entirely sold on the new art direction either, but regardless this looks fantastic and no doubt NS2 is going to be a great game

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™