Posts by Lee3dee
-
-
being a mapper, I skipped the demo and went straight for the editor while trying it at work. The editor is freaking amazing, i figured out the terrain stuff, but now working on placing roads, and buildings. the drop in and out of the game in the editor is sweet! You can even play the single player level sunny
if running it from the editor.Its time for a new video card for me! 6800 at home just doesn't cut it anymore.
-
http://store.valvesoftware.com/productp ... lDsgn.html
I designed a TF2 map on paper, but I have never used Hammer, only Ue2 & Ue3, so trying to decide if its a good deal or not for a non-hammer user.
-
trying to find a good hammer tutorial, this portal game is calling for me to make a puzzle level

-
the atmosphere is outstanding reminds me of a level in Myst. For the god rays, did you use a mesh? I would like to see some of the modular pieces that you created and their materials.
-
wow u mapped the beta already! Nice job! Did you just open the TF2 packages in hammer?
-
I'm on my 3rd week and gearbox is awesome! still owe mikey a beer tho

-
if you missed a chance to get into the beta there are keys readily available on ebay

-
(opinion based on playing a friends copy)
graphically it looks gorgeous, its really incredible to see the detail in HD. The controls take a little while to get used to, its a shame that you aren't given any options to use the analog sticks. Trusting your hands left and right to steer the dragon is very unique at first, but it gets somewhat frustrating during the battle sequences.
The games production values are almost the same as God of War, the art is stunning, the behind the scenes are interesting and the music is awesome. Its a shame that the sixaxis controls hurt the games playability.

I'm interested to play warhawk and see how they handled the similar controls.
-
got the beta invite tonight! woot! have to download it tonight since its 1gb. I'll let you know my thoughts

-
4 hours downloading, only at 50% on a cable modem

-
freaking awesome!!!!! I played it again for the 3rd time, finding new ways to kill people has never felt so rewarding
You can unlock abilities the more you play the demo -
-
thanks everyone
Moved back to Raleigh, NC this weekend. Getting all my stuff ready for the drive to Texas.Any of you recommend know anyone looking for a roommate? or know a good apartment?
-
thanks guys
I forgot to mention that I owe MikeZilla several drinks now, hope my wallet doesn't dry out too quick.Thanks Fletch, Mojo was giving some advice on apts, if you have any recomendations, IM them to me.
-
Accepted the job at Gearbox Software today. I'll be making coffee for Mike, Mojo and Tom and maybe doing some level design too

-
i was drooling! makes me want to get a ps3, when the game comes out, nothing for me to get it for at the moment.
-
I sent this thread to a friend of mine whos looking for work. He has 8 months experience using Ue3 and a published game as a level designer. Hopefully you'll get an email from dmanns

-
[Blocked Image: http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/5717/periyf2.jpg]
btw, I'm loving Insurgency! minus the frequent server crashes

-
i really like the level design of the maps and how well it plays. Being a sniper hasn't been this much fun in ages. I only wish that you could hold your breath while aiming. I also noticed that in the distance with the sniper you can see peoples shadows through the walls, which helps me pick off targets

Great mod! congrats on the release! New game to play on the pc!