1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Lee3dee

Posts by Lee3dee

  • Layoffs at GBX-Aliens game affected-what the?

    • Lee3dee
    • November 23, 2008 at 6:23 AM

    I was laid off at the end of October during the pre-gbx layoffs. there were more than 26 of us laid off, but it wasn't made public. Nice thing for me is that I have a months head start in job hunting, and I already have 4 good leads.

    Gearbox was a great place to work before all these layoffs I hope they will bounce back. I'd definitely work there again

  • DM-DarkVortek

    • Lee3dee
    • October 28, 2008 at 5:21 PM

    So you may remember this level I was working on in July, well its finally ready! ElysiumGX, Jaysinsan & DGUnreal from the Epic community have been helping me out and I think I got most of the bot pathing flowing well. There's a large amount of ammo and weapon pickups and quad damage that requires some jumping skills.

    crits & suggestions are always welcome

    instructions:

    http://%7boption%7d

    Extract the zip file into your (My documents\MY Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\CustomMaps) folder

    PS3 Version also available

    http://%7boption%7d

    [Blocked Image: http://www.3dwasabi.com/Unreal/UT3/DarkVortek/DarkVortek1.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.3dwasabi.com/Unreal/UT3/DarkVortek/DarkVortek2.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.3dwasabi.com/Unreal/UT3/DarkVortek/DarkVortek3.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.3dwasabi.com/Unreal/UT3/DarkVortek/DarkVortek4.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.3dwasabi.com/Unreal/UT3/DarkVortek/DarkVortek5.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.3dwasabi.com/Unreal/UT3/DarkVortek/DarkVortek6.jpg]

    Enjoy

  • Far Cry 2 review

    • Lee3dee
    • October 15, 2008 at 9:37 PM

    November is going to be an expensive month for games

  • [UT3 Scene] BioCulture - WIP thread

    • Lee3dee
    • August 27, 2008 at 5:45 PM

    looks awesome! I miss making my own custom meshes.

  • Old School Unreal 30 Day Contest

    • Lee3dee
    • August 22, 2008 at 12:55 AM

    HP: Nope I missed the deadline and I wasn't happy submitting a half-ass level, plus i was heavy in crunch.

    Map is approaching Beta status, YAY!

    Things left to do before beta release:

    - finish scripting battle outside

    - finish placing items

    - test bots with gravity volumes

    [Blocked Image: http://www.3dwasabi.com/Unreal/UT3/Nineveh/ninevehBetaShot1.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.3dwasabi.com/Unreal/UT3/Nineveh/ninevehBetaShot2.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.3dwasabi.com/Unreal/UT3/Nineveh/ninevehBetaShot3.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.3dwasabi.com/Unreal/UT3/Nineveh/ninevehBetaShot4.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.3dwasabi.com/Unreal/UT3/Nineveh/ninevehBetaShot5.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.3dwasabi.com/Unreal/UT3/Nineveh/ninevehBetaShot6.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.3dwasabi.com/Unreal/UT3/Nineveh/ninevehBetaShot7.jpg]

  • Custom Gears of War map - duckncover

    • Lee3dee
    • July 28, 2008 at 2:40 AM

    time to reinstall GoW again and try out this map

  • Old School Unreal 30 Day Contest

    • Lee3dee
    • July 1, 2008 at 5:16 PM

    competition ended on Monday, but I'm still working on it. Hope to release it soon for public testing.

  • Old School Unreal 30 Day Contest

    • Lee3dee
    • June 18, 2008 at 11:14 PM

    Some more progress shots.

    Almost finished decorating the rear portion of the ship

    [Blocked Image: http://www.3dwasabi.com/wip/OldSchoolContest/DecoPass04.jpg]

    The rear engine room now contains a teleport vortex that I created in Kismet which randomly teleports any player to anywhere in the ship. A quick and easy escape if you are low on health. Should a player follow someone else into the vortex, they won't appear in the same location.

    [Blocked Image: http://www.3dwasabi.com/wip/OldSchoolContest/DecoPass02.jpg]

    Working on scripting the battle outside of the ship. I'll be handling this with matinee and kismet, no point fighting on a spaceship if there's no action going on around you.

    [Blocked Image: http://www.3dwasabi.com/wip/OldSchoolContest/DecoPass01.jpg]

    The walkways shown here allow the players get around the ship, but there no gravity so you can jump to other locations easily

    [Blocked Image: http://www.3dwasabi.com/wip/OldSchoolContest/DecoPass03.jpg]

    back to work

  • Crysis Map ~ Operation Codename: Vulcano

    • Lee3dee
    • June 18, 2008 at 9:13 AM

    stunning map HP! Make some tutorials for us

  • UT3 - DM-Cove

    • Lee3dee
    • June 16, 2008 at 7:44 PM

    That looks awesome Paul!

  • race driver GRID

    • Lee3dee
    • June 14, 2008 at 8:33 PM

    I have it on xblive, hit me up for some races in any country

    gamertag: HarleyQ

  • Unreal 3 "Old School Contest"

    • Lee3dee
    • June 14, 2008 at 8:32 PM
    Quote from Bl1tz

    I saw Lee3dee enter too -- hopefully he doesn't mind me blowing up his spot

    nahh, Bl1tz your map will be great! I'm just entering to see if i can make a fun playable map in 30 days. If i don't win, its fine. I have a MSU map started but its taking longer than I expected.

  • Old School Unreal 30 Day Contest

    • Lee3dee
    • June 14, 2008 at 1:01 AM

    Over at 3DBuzz they have a challenge to create a DM map in 30 days. Been working on this at home and at work, usually after all my bugs are resolved. Hope to be able to finish it in 17 days

    http://www.3dbuzz.com/vbforum/sv_ut3_landing.php

    The contest requires that you only use stock assets that ship with the game but you are allowed to make custom materials, particle effects, etc using those assets.

    My contest entry is a space DM level, most of the bsp work is done, and I've been testing the gameplay using bots. Gravity gameplay will be outside of the ship.

    [Blocked Image: http://www.3dwasabi.com/wip/OldSchoolC…z_Contest01.jpg]

    Currently I'm adding meshes to the level, this is the reactor room towards the front of the map.

    [Blocked Image: http://www.3dwasabi.com/wip/OldSchoolC…z_Contest02.jpg]

  • Metal Gear Solid 4

    • Lee3dee
    • June 12, 2008 at 12:29 AM

    comes out tonight at midnight Picking up my copy in the morning.

  • Games you regret buying?

    • Lee3dee
    • May 16, 2008 at 2:40 AM

    Bioshock - unfortunately it go boring way to fast going backwards through the level. Overall i liked the graphics & everything it just didn't hold my interest for very long.

    Battlefield 2 - way way too many air jockeys to make the game fun. If you could eliminate the aircraft it would of been a much more enjoyable game.

  • Aliens: Colonial Marines - WTF Happened!?!

    • Lee3dee
    • March 17, 2008 at 5:25 PM
    Quote from D3ads

    AlienAliens

    Alien 3

    Alien: Resurrection

    Not rocket science, is it?

    that was my interview question, name the best to worst Alien movies. which is good because I thought I'd have to list all the characters in Road to Hill 30.

  • Welcome back

    • Lee3dee
    • March 17, 2008 at 5:24 PM

    Yay! Mapcore is Back!

  • UT3 - DM-Cove

    • Lee3dee
    • March 4, 2008 at 11:11 PM

    map looks awesome! I do have 1 question though, how does it play? have you placed bots in the level and tested out paths. Or are you making more of a portfolio piece rather than a Deathmatch level.

  • Aliens: Colonial Marines - WTF Happened!?!

    • Lee3dee
    • February 22, 2008 at 6:33 PM

    glad you guys like the screens

  • Making of COD4 maps

    • Lee3dee
    • November 6, 2007 at 12:11 AM

    its nice to see how other designers make their levels and where the basic design came from.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™