1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Lee3dee

Posts by Lee3dee

  • DM - Untitled Space level

    • Lee3dee
    • January 23, 2005 at 5:52 AM

    I have a rough sketch of the map, but thats the general idea. Is having 4 different places to fight, and maybe 1 central location in the middle. with various ways to get to either location. A couple of floating asteriods around the level that players could tele too for bonus power-ups. Maybe the ability to fly a ship from one area to another.

    It's my first map i've ever done. lol, a little ambitious

  • DM - Untitled Space level

    • Lee3dee
    • January 22, 2005 at 7:52 PM

    hahah, u know set the lights to disco in the editor, but they didn't show up ingame, lol. guess i'll read up on it

  • dm_test

    • Lee3dee
    • January 22, 2005 at 7:07 PM

    looks like one of the town's from Resident evil 4 .

    Spoiler: *** **** *** *** ***** ** ***** **** **** **** *****.

    I like your lighting . are you using a texture for the lighting, or does HL2 do the spot light automatically? Are you creating your own textures and models or using the in-game ones?

    Looks really good for a Test! lol

  • DM - Untitled Space level

    • Lee3dee
    • January 22, 2005 at 7:02 PM

    MagicTMP: Thats 1 of 4 pieces of the map its going to be alot biggger

    Hourences: Thanks for the tips, I really appreciate it I'm using psd 7.01. I was going from a psd file to dds, but i guess I should make it a TGA first. I'll try that today. Lights are work-in-progress , I know what you meant . Yeah, my vertex lighting is blah, but i was thinking when i start adding other areas, like Pete's garage with lights there, its all going to have to be tweaked again. lol

  • HL2DM map DM-AVALON by 3D-Mike 8)

    • Lee3dee
    • January 22, 2005 at 8:33 AM

    the images on page 1, blew me away! Jaw dropped!. Looks beautiful . I'll download it when I get a new PC to run HL2. lol.

    oh, and your robot design on your webpage was my wallpaper at work for the longest time

  • DM - Untitled Space level

    • Lee3dee
    • January 22, 2005 at 8:24 AM

    small update:

    Added debris around the rocket area, a few boxes. Removed the table at the back and added a karaoke setup with banner. Tomorow, add lights around the rocket, improve lighting setup and add the parked ships area.

    [Blocked Image: http://www.lee3dee.com/ut2004/space/rachel_06.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.lee3dee.com/ut2004/space/rachel_07.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.lee3dee.com/ut2004/space/rachel_08.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.lee3dee.com/ut2004/space/rachel_09.jpg]

    for some reason, when I create a texture in photoshop and then export it using the DDS plugin by nvidia, im not getting any alphas even at DXT5. Anyone have any experience using dds files and alpha maps?

    [Blocked Image: http://www.lee3dee.com/ut2004/space/dds.jpg]

    More updates tomorow

  • co_kurt

    • Lee3dee
    • January 21, 2005 at 12:43 AM

    corridors look cool, but I agree with slicky that you need to make the level a bit different from the other corridor levels that we have all played. In screenshot3 there seems to be some blurring on the light textures, are you using your own textures or the ones for the game? and What game is this for

  • DM - Untitled Space level

    • Lee3dee
    • January 20, 2005 at 10:43 PM

    I was thinking hoping across pieces of rock, or some broken ships as bridges. I have a few ideas kicking around but, thats why im posting now, to share ideas

  • DM - Untitled Space level

    • Lee3dee
    • January 20, 2005 at 10:23 PM

    Your probably all wondering, what happened to the Unreal office level i was working on. Well i got inspired on the plane while we waited for our bags from Useless Airways. Started drawing and came up with something more creative.

    This is 1 of 4 locations in the level. They will all be located on pieces of rock debris. Rachel's Diner is 70% complete with textures needed to be fine-tuned and objects smoothed. Total poly count for rachel's is 13000 including the piece of rock. Next i need to add some walkways and spaceships. I thought I would use Epic's spaceships as the vehicles scattered around the level. Make them swoop around the area, showing a busy town. I was thinking of making 1 or 2 ships playable, to get from one place to another quickly, maybe in a hidden area, but we'll see .

    The two drunks are characters from the game, that I repositioned as is the bartender too. Need to add particles to the rocket engine, food machine and dripping waste from the pipes. But all that is sugar coating later.

    Concept

    [Blocked Image: http://www.lee3dee.com/ut2004/space/rachels_concept01.jpg]

    Screenshots

    [Blocked Image: http://www.lee3dee.com/ut2004/space/rachel_01.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.lee3dee.com/ut2004/space/rachel_02.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.lee3dee.com/ut2004/space/rachel_03.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.lee3dee.com/ut2004/space/rachel_04.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.lee3dee.com/ut2004/space/rachel_05.jpg]

    Open to Suggestions, comments, ideas

    edit: oh, Pete's Garage is in the modeling stages, be posting concept and screens soon

  • bunny-dummy (character model)

    • Lee3dee
    • January 17, 2005 at 12:09 AM

    model fits the concept very well . He looks very unique . Looking forward to seeing him textured. You should make him a half cyborg - half bunny.

  • Crytek looking for interns

    • Lee3dee
    • December 17, 2004 at 2:27 AM

    OMG, Crytek, I wish I lived close to you good luck to all those that apply

  • DM - 4-8 players - "Dress Down Day"

    • Lee3dee
    • December 17, 2004 at 2:22 AM
    Quote from static07

    I bet you would be a great NERF arena 2K4 mapper.

    If thats an offer, I would love to help

    I have a question for everyone

    Would you consider an office level to go towards a portfolio for an environment artist, or should i scrap this idea and move on to an outdoor environment which maybe better. What are your thoughts?

  • HL2 sales recap...how did you ACTUALLY buy your copy?

    • Lee3dee
    • December 10, 2004 at 7:12 PM

    walked into best buy for spiderman 2 dvd, came out with Half-life 2 as well. Installed it at home, and realized i should of waited becasuse my dual 1.4 athlon was sufferring. Now its sitting idle on my HD until I can experience it in its beauty:D

    Only a few months before its going to be played. Was a little disappointed since it was not on dvd like Ut2004. 5 CDs was alot

  • DM - 4-8 players - "Dress Down Day"

    • Lee3dee
    • December 10, 2004 at 6:13 PM

    Taken the suggestions from everyone , I really appreciate the suggestions and re-designed the layout. It's a bit bigger and has some Z-axis:D Focused on good playability and flow.

    Concepts Floor1

    [Blocked Image: http://www.lee3dee.com/wasabi/layout_flr1.jpg]

    Concept Floor2

    [Blocked Image: http://www.lee3dee.com/wasabi/layout_flr2.jpg]

    Let me know what you guys think. Should have it mapped out this weekend, and testing with bot paths.

  • What do YOU expect/want from trailers for games?

    • Lee3dee
    • December 10, 2004 at 5:04 PM

    one of my side jobs at work, appart from being a QA tester is creating trailers for their games. I agree with you about the CG cutscenes, I show maybe 5 shot of CG and the rest is game footage, because I want to see how the game plays, not how well the CG looks. We're selling the game by showing the player gameplay not for the awesome CG Opening

    however, Blizzard, SquareEnix, Capcom openings always sell me

  • Where do you live?

    • Lee3dee
    • December 10, 2004 at 8:38 AM

    Raleigh, NC USA

  • dm_cascade - wip

    • Lee3dee
    • December 10, 2004 at 8:18 AM

    Dam looks good. What would add to it, if you had animated water coming from some pipes in the side that are spewing out onto the water.

    Looks really nice

  • DM - 4-8 players - "Dress Down Day"

    • Lee3dee
    • December 10, 2004 at 8:14 AM

    Mike-O: Im making if more for fun, more than if it fits the game. I like the UT engine and its fun to shoot rockets down the corridors .

    Zaphod: good idea with the balcony, my co-worker suggested that too. I started blocking out the level again, to add a second level. The bottom floor will be main desk, a big room with stairs going up, some smaller rooms to the side. some elevators that also goto the second floor. Then the 2nd floor willl have the creative area and programming area, etc.

    actually, the floor texture is an epic texture, for a reference. I enjoy creating textures and meshes

    Thx for the crits , posting some updates tomorow.

  • DM - 4-8 players - "Dress Down Day"

    • Lee3dee
    • December 10, 2004 at 3:14 AM

    Hi, new to this forum my friend said you all give some great feedback so here i am

    I'm working on an office lvl for UT2004. It's my first level design coming from a 3D modeling background. As the moment its a single floor, but after getting some feedback from friends and people online, im thinking on making it 2 floors, with stairs and elevators. Anyways, here's a few early pics, comments and suggestions are very welcome

    [Blocked Image: http://www.lee3dee.com/wasabi/wasabi_map.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.lee3dee.com/wasabi/wasabi_pic1.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.lee3dee.com/wasabi/wasabi_pic3.jpg]

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™