1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Lee3dee

Posts by Lee3dee

  • Normal Map - A newbies Search

    • Lee3dee
    • April 21, 2005 at 2:10 AM

    von*ferret: cool thx. Say thankyou to your "Awesome Friend" I'll try it when I get home

  • Normal Map - A newbies Search

    • Lee3dee
    • April 20, 2005 at 10:23 PM

    so....i broke up the model, top and bottom. Figured im compressing so much data into the normal map 2 textures are better than one. Not sure if thats the correct way. LOL

    anyways, now my normal map is brown....anyone have any thoughts?

    [Blocked Image: http://www.lee3dee.com/redux/panzer/normal_ehh.jpg]

    the discreet guy made it look so easy at GDC.

  • New Conan game!

    • Lee3dee
    • April 20, 2005 at 6:03 PM

    Graphics look good. But i think the MMORPG arena is getting crowded. LOL

  • Before VS. Now

    • Lee3dee
    • April 20, 2005 at 5:58 PM

    for us 3D folks, the early tools

    Alias Power Animator 7 - Aliaswavefront

    [Blocked Image: http://www.sdsc.edu/IOTW/week23.96/alias.gif]


    Ray Dream Studio -

    [Blocked Image: http://www.edwardsamuels.com/illustratedstory/chapter%204/Trishwire.jpg]

    Extreme 3D - Macromedia

    [Blocked Image: http://www.woodthatworks.com/Images3/images1900/Extreme3D.gif]

    Strata Pro

    [Blocked Image: http://www.simplystrata.com/images/displacement.jpg]

    3dsmax 3.1

    [Blocked Image: http://www.graphiland.fr/tutorial/3dsmax/tete/images/tuttt-1.jpg]

  • Forsaken seeks talented level designers.

    • Lee3dee
    • April 20, 2005 at 2:54 PM

    texturing is awesome! those are some really nice screenshots, should have no problems finding additional team members

  • Dragon Character - wip

    • Lee3dee
    • April 20, 2005 at 6:35 AM

    got an email from a friend asking for my demo reel. LOL....So since im in transition making new stuff, I finished up the dragon tonight. I pretty happy with the final version. He is rigged, should I ever want to go back and do some animation

    Wireframe

    [Blocked Image: http://www.lee3dee.com/redux/Dragon/dragon_wire.jpg]

    Shaded

    [Blocked Image: http://www.lee3dee.com/redux/Dragon/dragon_shade.jpg]

  • Normal Map - A newbies Search

    • Lee3dee
    • April 19, 2005 at 9:28 PM
    Quote from sic1

    I think at one point I had problems when UVs overlapped.

    ahh, then i think I know, because the UV's for the other side of the tank are mirrored. I guess u cannot do that with normal maps

  • Normal Map - A newbies Search

    • Lee3dee
    • April 19, 2005 at 5:59 AM

    kleinluka :here's a high rez image, rendered from Render to texture

    http://www.lee3dee.com/redux/panzer/NormalsMap2.dds

    von*ferret: yeah i got that link, and a ton of others

  • Normal Map - A newbies Search

    • Lee3dee
    • April 19, 2005 at 5:21 AM

    So this weekend, I took a break from the dragon, and started doing some Normal map experiments. I have this panzer tank i made a while back which was 126,321 polys and I made a low poly version which is 7218, so i model around the tank, so the polys are close to each other. Then render to texture and bam! the normal map is pixelated to hell!. Even when rendering at 2048x2048. The normal map doesn't look like anything i've seen online. Am i doing something horribly wrong , so now its Monday and I'm back to the dragon but I wanted to post my problem for some feedback.

    2 models

    [Blocked Image: http://www.lee3dee.com/redux/panzer/panzer_01.jpg]

    Normal Map with pixelation and craziness

    [Blocked Image: http://www.lee3dee.com/redux/panzer/panzer_02.jpg]

    low poly with crazy normal map

    [Blocked Image: http://www.lee3dee.com/redux/panzer/panzer_03.jpg]

  • New Quake4 shot

    • Lee3dee
    • April 18, 2005 at 4:46 PM

    having played alot of quake2 back in the day, online and off, The screen shot does nothing for me. If I wanted to play a quake 2 using the Doom3 engine, I'd start a mod and give it away for free. Ravensoft have made some great games, but this doesn't seem like anything new. If they had modified the engine somewhat or maybe make the graphics look not like Doom3 then maybe id be more interested.

  • Recommended games to buy?

    • Lee3dee
    • April 17, 2005 at 12:50 AM
    Quote from skdr

    hahah i've been stuck in RE4 for a while. If you know how to beat the guy on the 2 towers on the 2nd CD, pls PM me. cause i cannot beat him at all

  • New Unreal 3 Screenshot O_O

    • Lee3dee
    • April 15, 2005 at 12:39 AM

    u gotta love speedtree looks amazing!

  • Dragon Character - wip

    • Lee3dee
    • April 15, 2005 at 12:37 AM
    Quote from von*ferret

    too cartoony for me but nice anyways

    hahaha its a render using GI, i changed it back to hardware render.

  • Dragon Character - wip

    • Lee3dee
    • April 14, 2005 at 7:55 PM

    I'm pretty much happy with the colors and layout. still have some UV problems to address and I haven't welded the 2 sides together yet. Also, made the butt come in a little more. Texturing the tail at the moment.

    current progress:

    [Blocked Image: http://www.lee3dee.com/redux/Dragon/texture_body03.jpg]

  • Recommended games to buy?

    • Lee3dee
    • April 14, 2005 at 7:26 PM

    i already got beyond good and evil, I was hooked on it for a while, until i got stuck in the bar, no idea what to do

  • New Unreal 3 Screenshot O_O

    • Lee3dee
    • April 14, 2005 at 7:21 PM

    At the lecture "creating art for next gen Unreal 3" the lead artists showed alot of new vehicles that they had created and the process of modeling for the new engine. They were asking people not to take pics, sucks! because the images were amazing.

    At the epic booth at GDC, this year i was lucky to get the final showing of their new WIP game that uses the U3 engine. It was like watching a movie, except the lead designer was playing it. The pics on the unrealtechnology are oudated compared to what they were showing at GDC. The game was squad based, except the camera was interactive, kinda like the opening of Saving private Ryan, shaky cam but not too much. They showed a firefight in a destoryed city. My jaw just dropped when I saw it! as did the developers next to me.

    I'm hopeing that Epic Games will be demonstrating the new engine again at the gaming expo here in Raleigh, in June

  • Recommended games to buy?

    • Lee3dee
    • April 14, 2005 at 6:13 PM
    Quote from The Postman

    Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil*whistles*

    I still haven't beaten doom3 yet, i got bored of the dark room, oooo monster jump out

  • Recommended games to buy?

    • Lee3dee
    • April 14, 2005 at 6:03 PM

    what games do you all recommend to buy. I was thinking of picking up Chaos Theory, but then Jade Empire came out, and I have yet to buy Tekken 5 or GT4

    I previously bought: Dawn of war, God of war and Ridge Racer psp. I need to make a want list, but its going to be so BIG. lol Do you have a priority list for buying games or are they just sudden impulses

  • work on duke nukem forever!

    • Lee3dee
    • April 14, 2005 at 5:09 PM

    i think its a great opportunity, especially the line

    Quote

    Mod guys welcome. You just have to be talented and passionate. You don't need 4 years experience.

    Not everyone has years of game industry experience, but they are talented enough to know how to do game developement work I hope they get alot of applicants.

  • New Unreal 3 Screenshot O_O

    • Lee3dee
    • April 14, 2005 at 3:11 AM

    at first i was like, hey! i didn't see that in the private tech demo at gdc! Epic's new game didn't look at all like that, and then i read down further. lol

    Though, the epic demo i saw behind close doors was kinda like the screenshot

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™