1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Lee3dee

Posts by Lee3dee

  • The new Unreal Tournament (Unreal Engine3) new screens!

    • Lee3dee
    • May 10, 2005 at 3:08 AM

    Unreal Tournament 2007 on GameSpot

    http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/unrea ... lashtop_bg

    OMG!

  • WIP Room scene

    • Lee3dee
    • May 9, 2005 at 6:44 PM
    Quote from PhilipK

    I tried to install vgui but didnt seem to work

    hmmm, did u download the demo or free one.

    goto render scene, and under Assign Render, change production to vray. Then when you goto the renderer tab, you will see a ton of options.

    I usually keep the image sampler at simple two-level. You have to turn on GI rendering, default is turned off. Set irradiance map preset to medium, because unlike other renderers this render does each frame in different passes. Other than that, play around with the settings like I do.

  • WIP Room scene

    • Lee3dee
    • May 9, 2005 at 5:26 PM

    looks really good, the floor texture is awesome! if you want some sweet GI (Global Illumination) Vary free

    http://www.vrayrender.com/demo/ will make lighting look even better .

  • Do you own copyright to your work?

    • Lee3dee
    • May 8, 2005 at 5:04 PM

    well....Gamespot is a commerical company, so one would think they would give some credit. LOL. I just wanted to get some opinions to what I should do, because my name is clearly photoshoped out in the image displayed in the background.

  • Do you own copyright to your work?

    • Lee3dee
    • May 8, 2005 at 7:56 AM

    so.......saturday night, im browsing gamespot and I see "Next Generation Console Review" a playstation 3 preview, POSTED: 05/06/05. I start watching and to discover a concept model I created in in the background for about 6 seconds, and is repeated throughout the entire PS3 segment.

    Playstation 3 concept

    [Blocked Image: http://www.lee3dee.com/Images/misc/Playstation3.jpg]

    I haven't received an email asking for permission, so should I send a friendly email saying "thx for displaying my work, but it would of been nice to ask" or just post on my website that its featured on the gamespot review. I downloaded a copy of their video, so I have a hardcopy, but im wondering if i should contact them, or just leave it alone.

    A friend said i should ask for a all expense paid to E3 The internet is plagued with image stealing, so im not really sure if I should do anything.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Lee3dee
    • May 8, 2005 at 5:48 AM

    all these HL2 levels, can someone point me to some good tutorials to learn HL2 mapping

  • de_troit

    • Lee3dee
    • May 6, 2005 at 4:41 AM

    your map is really impressive! Can you recommend a good tutorial site for learning how to map in HL2?

  • The new Unreal Tournament (Unreal Engine3) new screens!

    • Lee3dee
    • May 5, 2005 at 8:56 PM

    omg those screenshots are sick! maybe i'd better redo my tank, because my normal mapping is pale in comparison

  • laptops

    • Lee3dee
    • May 5, 2005 at 6:13 AM

    the laptop runs Maya PLe with paint effects turned on like a dream it also ran 3dsmax demo extremely well, with normal mapping . I'm very happy with my first laptop.

  • Gearbox Software looking for a few good COGs

    • Lee3dee
    • May 5, 2005 at 6:10 AM

    Did you co-worker already have an established career in the game development community, published titles on his back,etc? or did he factor in the cost of living in Plano, tx vs the salary offer?

    Personally, for me living and breathing creating game content is what I do, and if they offer a intern program that will get me the experience I need to pursue a career in this great industry, then i'll eat ramon noodles for a month if i have too

  • laptops

    • Lee3dee
    • May 4, 2005 at 9:19 PM

    I did 3 months of research on laptops before i bought mine. My requirements were:

    under $1500, must have a independant graphics card for 3d games and 3d apps to run well so at least a 64mb video card. battery must last longer than 3 hours.

    I picked up a gateway 7405 GX from best buy for $1200, 2 ghz Athlon 64 with 64 mb radeon card, 512 ram and I successfully played UT2004 for 5 hours on the plane to GDC. It has built-n wireless, sound and have a wide screen display I always thought gateway made mediocre computers,but im very happy with my purchase

  • Ubisoft Montreal looking for 2D and 3D artists

    • Lee3dee
    • May 4, 2005 at 5:41 AM

    warm and rainy huh, sounds like rochester, NY where I grew up. its was really cold in the winter with lake effect snow and hot as hell in the summer At least Eastern North Carolina goes from warm, cold, warm, burning.

  • Ubisoft Montreal looking for 2D and 3D artists

    • Lee3dee
    • May 4, 2005 at 5:34 AM

    I have some questions for your bump!

    1. Does ubisoft montreal pay for relocation?

    2. whats the average salary for a 3d artist in Montreal? and does it reflect the cost of living?

    3. Do you get a discount on all games published by Ubisoft?

    4. Whats the weather like up there, I like warmth

  • You figure it out...

    • Lee3dee
    • May 4, 2005 at 5:25 AM

    I downloaded the demo of BIA, then I went out and bought it! Its awesome, I think better than chaos Theory personally. Best feature in BIA, the awareness mode! more tactical games need this!

  • Mappers- Mistmod.com wants you- Yarr!

    • Lee3dee
    • May 4, 2005 at 5:23 AM

    your images on the website are very impressive. Nice to see a mod that isn't a counterstrike clone Bookmarked!

  • Gearbox Software looking for a few good COGs

    • Lee3dee
    • May 4, 2005 at 5:18 AM

    completed and sent the COGS environment art test today, It was a long 3 days, so fingers crossed Gearbox liked my art test.

    ps. Brothers in Arms is very addicting

  • my new site wip: need opinions

    • Lee3dee
    • May 3, 2005 at 3:52 PM

    i like it with without the border. I didn't like the Haiku, because it was an indirect way of saying "please Hire me" . I like the no border because its simple and elegant. If your going to use chinese/japanese symbols did you first check and see what they mean, just incase a HR can read them .

  • It's official!

    • Lee3dee
    • May 3, 2005 at 6:28 AM

    congrats on the job

  • New XBox 360 screens?

    • Lee3dee
    • May 2, 2005 at 4:02 PM
    Quote from ReNo

    I really enjoyed it personally. I don't get why people make it out to be "so bad" when even if it wasn't to your taste, claiming it sucks is just bullshit.

    I never said halo2 was "so bad" . Halo 2 had me addicted for 2 weeks straight, everything about the game was extremely engaging, then it ended abruptly, where as other games, you finish them and you know there's a sequel coming, bungine opted for getting you prepared for battle and the "to be continued" mad me sad, sniff sniff

  • Just a few drawings :)

    • Lee3dee
    • May 2, 2005 at 3:55 PM

    portraits are well shaded, but the image at the bottom done using painter looks fantastic. Please say you used a wacom and not the mouse

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™