1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Lee3dee

Posts by Lee3dee

  • [DM_RustStairs]

    • Lee3dee
    • August 22, 2005 at 9:02 PM

    looks awesome! how many meshes did you create? for the level? or did they come with HL2?

  • Firefox!

    • Lee3dee
    • August 19, 2005 at 7:58 AM

    If microsoft gave the windows users the choice to install either their web brower or a competitors when you first install windows, I know I'd choose modzilla or another browser. hehe

    I just love the tabs in firefox!

  • F.E.A.R. SP Demo

    • Lee3dee
    • August 19, 2005 at 7:55 AM

    just played the demo tonight. I really like the bullet time effects with the guns! I was expecting it to be as scarey as doom3 in some parts . The types are ok, my favorite was the rail gun. It doesn't seem to have the "i want to play more" feeling that Half-life 2 did, but it may be better when the full version is out

  • Unreal Engine 4 announced

    • Lee3dee
    • August 18, 2005 at 6:48 AM

    geez! we haven't even seen what other developers are doing for Unreal engine 3 and already there's a 4 in the works!. How come this announcement isn't on other gaming sites including Epics own website, makes me wonder if Mark Rein was just stirring up the rumors a bit. hehe

  • cs palmrich

    • Lee3dee
    • August 17, 2005 at 9:01 PM

    it looks great! did u make all the art assets? or are they from the game?

  • Quake IV SP Video

    • Lee3dee
    • August 17, 2005 at 6:47 PM

    ok, after watching this video, I'll buy it for the single player experience . The torture scene was awesome!

  • Doom III: Q2 Lost Marine Test Build Released

    • Lee3dee
    • August 13, 2005 at 7:02 AM

    aww man. I wanted to download it and try it. On the website there is 3 texture artists and 3 models. Form the screenshots it looks like most normal maps are generated with photoshop. With the character actually being made high poly then low. I'll still check it out because quake2 was my favorite title of the series.

  • Quake IV MP videos

    • Lee3dee
    • August 13, 2005 at 6:51 AM

    Yay! its doom3 with better multiplayer. Sorry Ravensoft, but it doesn't feel like the quake series to me. Quake 2 was by far the best. Gritty and evil. This seems more like doom3 but with textures of quake 3, bright and colorful. Looks like I won't be buying this for 49.99, i'll be waiting until 29.99 or less

  • Not just the cool guys have updated webpages.

    • Lee3dee
    • August 11, 2005 at 5:41 AM

    load fast and text is easy on the eyes at 1280x1024. Looks good!

    1 crit tho, you don't show your texture maps I want to see your textures for the models.

  • Elvish Warrior

    • Lee3dee
    • August 11, 2005 at 4:06 AM
    Quote from Mazy

    strange pensi DUZ URZ LUK LEIK THAT!?!?!

    He's wearing underwear the same color as his skin. hehe

    The boots looks great! if you want some good reference photos, this is a great site. http://www.fineart.sk/

    WARNING! nudity, do not open at work! Unless u're and artist, which gives you and excuse that its a reference photo. hehe

  • real-time trees looking for tips and tricks

    • Lee3dee
    • August 11, 2005 at 4:01 AM

    still comes in really small for us Firefox users . Now where did Microsoft put IE on my HD. geez now i gotta find it!

  • Jack Thompson is a douche bag

    • Lee3dee
    • August 10, 2005 at 7:12 PM

    he's like senator Liberman, who tried to stop the sale of Mortal Kombat. It faded within a few months and later Mortal Kombat 2 came out. hehe

  • Is Rockstar Games just doing this for the hell of it?

    • Lee3dee
    • August 10, 2005 at 7:06 PM

    Being Bully'd in high school in England, I can tell u that I think this game with increase people getting picked on, now there's a game based it.

    It will get banned, more copies will sell and then someone will sue rockstar again, so they will make a sequel called "Bully 2: payback is a Botch!"

  • real-time trees looking for tips and tricks

    • Lee3dee
    • August 10, 2005 at 7:00 PM

    Hehe, I tried that too KoKo5oVaR. flat doesn't work so great. LOL. I like how blizzard did their trees. I have been playing the 14 day trial looking at all the foliage for ideas.

    [Blocked Image: http://www.lee3dee.com/Images/env/blizzard_tree1.jpg]

    Blizzard seem to do this really cool layering effect at all different angles as shown in the image above. Its a really good idea and looks great from a distance.

  • Man dies after playing 50 hours of video games

    • Lee3dee
    • August 10, 2005 at 3:41 PM

    This was a hot topic at last nights local IGDA meeting. About Jack Thompson and his crusade against the industry. .

    I bet the game was lineage 2 or some other MMO. hehe

  • real-time trees looking for tips and tricks

    • Lee3dee
    • August 10, 2005 at 4:10 AM

    heheh nice st0lve! I didn't look at the documentation yet, Thanks for helping me out. You are the ............ (can't think of a word at the moment)

  • real-time trees looking for tips and tricks

    • Lee3dee
    • August 9, 2005 at 7:08 PM

    JynxDaddy & ginsengavenger: thx guys. Torque is pushing my artist buttons when trying to do simple stuff. hehe

    an in-game screenshot of the snow evergreen but it has some alpha issues.

    [Blocked Image: http://www.lee3dee.com/Images/env/winter_torque.jpg]

  • Battlefield 2 Editor Leaked beta

    • Lee3dee
    • August 9, 2005 at 5:35 AM

    here's a non-must-be-registered link

    http://www.eagames.com/official/battlef ... nloads.jsp

    Gonna start working on my Osprey model again. hehe

  • real-time trees looking for tips and tricks

    • Lee3dee
    • August 9, 2005 at 4:55 AM

    You know with a cartoon texture they could look like they were in Mario Sunshine . I really like the look of the palm trees

    Slowly narrowing the gap on getting torque to like my trees. Here's some test for evergreens at 340 polys.

    [Blocked Image: http://www.lee3dee.com/Images/env/evergreen_test01.jpg]

    I bent them a little, following Farles suggestions. More soon, hopefully I'll get Torque to import them correctly.

  • japaneseprop!

    • Lee3dee
    • August 9, 2005 at 3:15 AM

    really nice texturing would it be possible to see a wire and texture maps please

    I'd model ure character, the geek one

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™