1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Lee3dee

Posts by Lee3dee

  • Ultimate Duck Hunting Artwork

    • Lee3dee
    • September 12, 2005 at 6:42 AM

    u mean, number of polys in the scene . nahh, its alot of faking the player with 2d textures in the background

  • Ultimate Duck Hunting Artwork

    • Lee3dee
    • September 12, 2005 at 5:34 AM

    Since the website is up, I thought I'd post some of my artwork created for the game. Everything was created in Maya & Photoshop then exported into the Torque Engine. Currently we are 90% into our first Beta. YAY! With a demonstration at the IGDA meeting on September 28th.

    Since the current build doesn't support real-time shadows, we have recently met with Nvidia to help us polish up the game with realistic water, plus they have an "in" with garagegames, so we may get better support.

    This is the first time, I have been a lead artist for a game, Hehe. Juggling multiple art assets, keeping tags on artwork, what needs to be touched up, touching up others work, etc. All good experience

    Stuttgart, Arkansas

    [Blocked Image: http://www.ultimateduckhunting.com/art/stuttgart_bg.png]

    Oacoma, South Dakota

    [Blocked Image: http://www.ultimateduckhunting.com/art/Oacoma_bg.png]

    Old Harbor, Alaska

    [Blocked Image: http://www.ultimateduckhunting.com/art/oldharbor_bg.png]

    Fairfax, Virginia

    [Blocked Image: http://www.ultimateduckhunting.com/art/halifax_bg.png]

    Comments are welcome

  • Offering "some modeling" for a dedicated mod

    • Lee3dee
    • September 12, 2005 at 4:57 AM

    awesome models, You'll get alot of PM's

  • games that seem to make time fly by!

    • Lee3dee
    • September 10, 2005 at 5:07 AM

    i must be the only one who's never played the Worms series. . It didn't look great from the screenshots on the box, but it must have been a great game multiplayer.

  • games that seem to make time fly by!

    • Lee3dee
    • September 8, 2005 at 2:13 AM

    SSX series, Goldeneye definately, Mario Kart 64 Multiplayer, Quake2 (killed my GPA in college, hehe), Metal Gear Solid (psx), Final Fantasy 9, Snatcher (Sega CD).

  • Age of Empires III and Vietcong 2 demos out!

    • Lee3dee
    • September 8, 2005 at 2:02 AM

    age III im more excited to see than the other . Thx for the heads up!

    AOE 3 demo is also available here, downloading at 600kbs.

    http://www.ageofempires3.com/

  • Learning UnrealED in like no time!

    • Lee3dee
    • September 6, 2005 at 4:34 PM

    http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASI ... 89-1159831

    alot of USED copies available. Make sure you get the DVD version for the tutorials, and you can download the ECE edition online with a patch.

  • Female game character

    • Lee3dee
    • September 6, 2005 at 4:14 PM

    I concur!

    A good female modeling tutorial that I used for 3dsmax, is

    http://www.3dtotal.com/ffa/tutorials/ma ... anmenu.asp

    and for a male,

    http://www.poopinmymouth.com/process/ch ... rocess.htm

  • games that seem to make time fly by!

    • Lee3dee
    • September 6, 2005 at 2:31 AM

    Hehe, I picked up Morrowind when my friend who used to work at Bethsoft, said "You want a job at Bethsoft as level artist, learn the editor quick!"

    I think I played it for 10 mins before I got bored, the first town was terrible. Editor was confusing as hell too! I always seem to go back to the unreal editor

  • Black Mesa: Source | Recruiting

    • Lee3dee
    • September 6, 2005 at 2:26 AM

    From an 3D Artists perspective......

    The levels look great from Half-life 1 to the new engine. I would like to see some creativity and originality from the artwork, instead of just remaking the whole first game. Maybe have some new enemies, locations, vehicles, etc.

    Your artist, Lupus on the website is extremely talented, those high poly renders look great for still pics, but until I see how they transfer to the normal mapped low character its hard to judge if the will still look amazing.

    If you need an A1 Abrahams, I have a normal mapped version you can use if I could get credit in the game. It just needs to be textured

  • games that seem to make time fly by!

    • Lee3dee
    • September 6, 2005 at 1:14 AM

    hehe forgot about Goldeneye, Halo 1 & 2, Devil May Cry, I have so many that consumed my time. hehe

    FrieChamp: yeah, the WOW 14 day trial was tasting the crack. hehe. While it was very addicting playing the Hunter, and my bear name GentleBen, it definately would be a game I'd buy if I had lots of time to spare. If i could trade in BF2 (sorry all, I hate the no accuracy of the weapons) I would probably buy WoW and play it now and then. hehe.

    von*ferret: There's always room for gaming . I too work crazy hours, but I always find time for gaming

    Keep the games stories coming

  • games that seem to make time fly by!

    • Lee3dee
    • September 5, 2005 at 3:06 PM

    Final Fantasy XI Online wasn't as bad, World of Warcraft 14 trial did. hehe

  • games that seem to make time fly by!

    • Lee3dee
    • September 5, 2005 at 3:00 PM

    Took a break this weekend from working on the game. Looking through my library of games and noticed that I had alot that I hadn't beaten yet. hehe.

    Popped in Beyond Good and Evil at 7pm, couldn't find my save game so I started again, 3:36am later, OMG where did the time go. LOL. When I first bought BGE i played it for a few days at a time, then bought a new game and thought i would come back to it. WOW! very engrossing storyline and the racing is awesome!

    Some games are so engrossing that time seems to get lost in the void of time. Final Fantasy 7, Jade Empire, Sly Copper 1, Resident Evil 4, Metroid Prime, Zelda, to name a few

    Anyone else experience this time void when they played a game?

  • Leading Studio Seeks Sr. Designer

    • Lee3dee
    • September 3, 2005 at 2:57 AM

    yep! i've seen Candace Walker posts before. With the subject "Leading studio" you know its a headhunter, because they never say the studio in their postings. hehe

  • A third portfolio :F

    • Lee3dee
    • September 3, 2005 at 2:53 AM

    awesome website, how about a tutorial for making those fantastic skyboxs Please

  • Project Offset - WOW

    • Lee3dee
    • August 30, 2005 at 4:51 AM

    Unreal engine 3 looks amazing, Quake4 using modified doom3 engine looks amazing, and now from out of no where comes an engine that also looks amazing, using a 3 man team.

    http://www.projectoffset.com/technology.html

  • Second release - 5 skies.

    • Lee3dee
    • August 28, 2005 at 4:02 AM

    holy #$%^ thats awesome, could I use that on my space level, full credit will be given

  • What areas should I focus on as a game dev?

    • Lee3dee
    • August 27, 2005 at 4:33 PM

    For me, I'm sticking with Unreal Engine since its the most widely used and a few companies in the area use it. I enjoy making environment art more than character art. The biggest hurdle I need to face is learning zbrush, because its changing the way art is manipulated in 3D space and modeling look amazing when normal mapped with zbrush

    This info that everyone is written is extremely helpful! Thanks guys for great information .

  • Sony Online Entertainment and EB games - Big Jerks

    • Lee3dee
    • August 25, 2005 at 6:36 AM

    according to the EB policy I was told, you cannot return or trade in opened MMO merchandise. Sounds it may have been a co-workers friend who traded it back in . I'd contact the EB corporate, and let them know that you bought a new game and someone has already registered the key, maybe they can help you get a refund.

  • Original Akira

    • Lee3dee
    • August 22, 2005 at 9:05 PM

    i think im one of those 4 people who still have a laserdisc player with discs. hehe. I think I have akira somewhere. LOL. Star wars still looks amazing on laserdisc with all "lucas mistakes" taken out in the new release on dvd.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™