awesome opportunity, shame i'm not a student anymore ![]()
Posts by Lee3dee
-
-
you know what tho
everytime Candace Walker posts sometime on the forums, everyone responds to her post, so she must be doing something right to generate interest in the posting 
-
i think the term "Published title" as the killer for all those who give their work to recruiters. This one recruiter contacted me based on my unreal teaching experience but without that elusive "Published Title", she wasn't interested. Seems like its easier to apply to a company and get rejected from them, rather than going to a middle man/woman recruiter.
-
with the help of Angel Mapper, (http://www.angelmapper.com) the problem of falling through the asteroids has been resolved! Map download has been updated.
-
mapraider has a link to download the level
( just saw this this morning) 
-
Thanks guys for the feedback

I updated the bots, they are alot better at navigating from asteriod to asteriod. On difficulty adapt, they are very good as chasing after you. hehe. Fixed the elevator brightness and made the sun texture animated surface.
-
-
RD: what forums do u recommend? that get good responses?
-
I finally finished Rachel's Diner last weekend. You may remeber it from a while back. Its now available for download, suitable for 3-6 players. Small deathmatch level. Bots now jump from asteroid to asteroid, sometimes they don't, but majority of the time they will find you
If you play UT2004 let me know what you think.Thx
Lee
Download: http://art.lee3dee.com/art/Rachel/DM-RachelsDiner.zip
[Blocked Image: http://art.lee3dee.com/art/Rachel/shot01.jpg]
[Blocked Image: http://art.lee3dee.com/art/Rachel/shot02.jpg]
[Blocked Image: http://art.lee3dee.com/art/Rachel/shot03.jpg]
[Blocked Image: http://art.lee3dee.com/art/Rachel/shot04.jpg]
[Blocked Image: http://art.lee3dee.com/art/Rachel/shot05.jpg]
-
having bought WoW a month ago, its pretty lonely lvling alone as a Priest. What servers is everyone on? I'm on Maelstrom, but im going to be relocating since I'm getting tired of the PVP. RP seems much better to me.
Maybe if we all make lvl 1 characters on a server, we can party together

Server: Maelstrom
BearTracker - lvl 23 Hunter
Sakuri - lvl 17 Priest
-
you have alot of great artwork! Do you have a scanner? to better show off your work
. -
Since alot of you guys are playing quake 4, I decided to buy the other game FEAR. I figured i'd pickup quake 4 a little later.
Impression for FEAR only 3 hours into the game. Its alot of room, corridors. Seems like the same designer must make the rooms the same in all games. hehe. The normal mapping looks great and is not overly used. Only in the places that need the technology. The firefights are amazing, and you'll be ducking for cover alot.
The melee combinations are a great way of taking down your opponents, but its a shame that there's no announcer "awesome combo!" hehe. The Computer AI is some of the best I have seen. Enemies will knock over tables and other objects around the room to take cover. The slow-mo effect is great in those me vs 10 guys senarios.
The game definately requires a good video card and CPU to play with the cool effects turned on. Anyways, what are other people first impressions? or is everyone playing Quake4
or Shadows of Colossos 
-
FEAR runs great on my computer. I tweaked the settings a bit
[Blocked Image: http://www.lee3dee.com/files/fearTest.jpg]
[Blocked Image: http://www.lee3dee.com/files/fear1.jpg]
I turned on AA 2x but lowered the corpse down to minimum. Seems to work alot better.
-
Seems like the xbox 360 demo units have arrived. 2 walmarts in raleigh seem to have the unit in the xbox section. Game playable are Ubitsofts King Kong, Rare's Kameo, and Call of Duty 2.
The controller is nice. Feels much better in your hands compared the the xbox-s controller. Out of the 3 games, I was most impressed with the graphics in King Kong, the specular mapping on the rocks when it was raining was amazing!
Here's a xbox 360 kiosk locator
-
ReNo: yeah i thought about using it, except im using dreamweaver and editing code is something im not VERY good at. I'll ask my friend tomorow.
kleinluka: You cannot. Hmmmm I need to make this work somehow. Maybe if i do a render using a grey tank color on a black background with on and off normal map.
-
von*ferret: hehe thanks. Someone over at polycount said it didn't fit with my other work, unless he was in a level. So he will return in a UT2004 level

Changes:
Removed the BLOG page
I kept the tutorials page because there are very few detailed tutorial for using the Torque engine, especially with pictures.
Game Art section has been scaled back. Dragon is gone, but he will be making an appearence in my UT2004 level soon. hehe. I also made the tank page show alot bigger pictures and some render with and without normal mapping. This section looks a little bare.
The Environment art page got redone, instead of clicking all those screenshots, I now have 1 montage image, that you can click to goto all the screenshots. Saves the visitor from constantly clicking.
Contract work also got revamped, with descriptions for each of the pieces of work.
Tested the site in IE and Firefox and everything seems to be ok. Let me know what you think.
-
-
where's the soul Calibur poll? or Virtua fighter. Street fighter & Mortal Kombat are probably my most played games in the arcades. Followed by Soul Calibur,Guily Gear and Tekken Tag.
DOA is the n00biest game, because you can mash the buttons and beat veteran fighters without even learning the moves.
-
-
saw this on ebay while looking for the DVD editon of quake4. Quake 4 poster for someone wall

[Blocked Image: http://i13.ebayimg.com/03/i/05/2d/db/b3_1.JPG]