1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. marque_pierre

Posts by marque_pierre

  • Drawing - ink

    • marque_pierre
    • November 27, 2004 at 2:06 AM

    Nazul, don't wanna toot my own horn, but here are a few tips for you.

    I am sure you have heard that every artist has like a couple of thousand bad drawings in them. So get them out asap.

    Take your pad and a pencil or whatever pigment leaving object your prefer, to a place with lots of people. Draw people, but only allow yourself to draw for 5 seconds. Then move onto the next person and so on. Do 50 of those a day (at least) and you'll see wonders. Think of them as an artist's push ups!

  • Insane asylum texture set

    • marque_pierre
    • November 27, 2004 at 1:52 AM

    Thanks for the comments.

    st0lve: Not quite sure what you are refering to here, but there are no Overlay blend modes in this texture.

    spine: The master version is much, much larger. I haven't settled on a final resolution yet, and this is a buggy jpg file with lossy compression. But my texturing teacher keeps saying I tend to put too much detail in, that it will be too busy or unsharp for ingame use. So I suppose you got a point there...

  • Insane asylum texture set

    • marque_pierre
    • November 26, 2004 at 11:22 PM

    And this is a (green :roll: ) wall texture for a non-patient housing room, like a reception area.

    [Blocked Image: http://www.marquepierre.com/greenwall.jpg]

  • Insane asylum texture set

    • marque_pierre
    • November 26, 2004 at 11:14 PM

    First post on such an amazing forum. I feel humbled. Anyway, gotta take the plunge.

    For a school assignment we are designing, modelling, texturing and setting up a short FPS single player level. Theme is "haunted house", and my interpretation will be in a derelict insane asylum where something has gone terribly wrong. Style is grainy realism.

    Anyway, I'll post my textures here as they evolve for good ol' C&C. First up is a set of doors I am working on.

    [Blocked Image: http://www.marquepierre.com/doors.jpg]

    Like I said, C&C is welcome!

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™