1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. static07

Posts by static07

  • 1900's previsions on how will people live in 2000

    • static07
    • December 3, 2007 at 5:45 PM
    Quote

    ":128nr3ce]I read this on another forum and decided to post here, since this is a very interesting reading.The guy actually was correct in every aspect he mentioned,

    here check it out.

    This is a genuine copy of this book, photo taken in a library somewhere in the states. http://www.drexlermusic.com/temp/lhj1900-12p8.jpg

    Some of the most impressive topics:

    - Ready cooked meals will be bought...

    - Strawberrys as large as Apples

    - Automobiles will be cheaper than Horses

    etc...

    Display More

    uhm, it's wrong on so many issues... for example flies and musquito's haven't been exterminated on the contrary, in many parts of the world there are a lot more of them buggers than a hundred years ago. Aircrafts are everywhere and more used for freight and passengers than for combat.

    It's correct for a 50%, do the same today and I'm sure it will be somewhere near the same accuracy on a technological side. Advancements will be mostly biomechanical. How the world will look in another 100 years in less a question of technology but one of society and the enviroment.

  • Favorite bands

    • static07
    • December 3, 2007 at 8:22 AM
    Quote from dux

    I loved Coal Chambers image and music, though they were mainstream in the end it doesn't really bother me. If the music is what I like I'll listen to it. Slipknot are let down by 12 year olds idolizing them D:[Blocked Image: http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/500/141480.jpg]

    Own.

    horay for Devildriver

  • totally random texture thread

    • static07
    • December 3, 2007 at 12:14 AM

    my first ut3 material (WIP)

    [Blocked Image: http://www.staticeffect.com/random/myfirstmaterial.jpg]

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • static07
    • December 2, 2007 at 1:59 PM

    yes, have some cubemaps in every room

  • Level Design for different engines...

    • static07
    • November 29, 2007 at 2:27 PM

    with leveldesign as a hobby if you wish to advance to newer engines, I believe it is a must to know basic modeling.

    I'm not an expert on this but I believe meshes have a better performance than BSP, when it comes to high polygon shapes.

  • HL2 sdk update tomorrow morning

    • static07
    • November 29, 2007 at 8:44 AM
    Quote from Sentura

    if you can point out a game that displays realism in unreal 3.0, then be my guest.

    Stranglehold

    [Blocked Image: http://www.ps3focus.nl/v3/media/stranglehold1.jpg]

    Rainbow six vegas

    [Blocked Image: http://www.ztgamedomain.com/images/screenshots/xbox360/rsv/50.jpg]

    Brother in Arms: Hells Kitchen

    [Blocked Image: http://www.doupe.cz/Files/Obrazky/art2/b/BrothersInArmsHellsHighway/prev/brothers_in_arms_hh_01.jpg]

    Medal of honor Airborne

    [Blocked Image: http://digitalbattle.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/10/moha.jpg]

    to name a few

  • Favorite bands

    • static07
    • November 28, 2007 at 9:47 PM
    Quote from dux

    No InFlames? Wtfxxxxx

    huh so where did he get that nickname?

    oh and:

    http://youtube.com/watch?v=zLdeWHnqwAk

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

  • HL2 sdk update tomorrow morning

    • static07
    • November 28, 2007 at 9:39 PM
    Quote from Sentura

    if only unreal was more realistic, but i guess it stays true to its namesake

    you make a map as realistic as you want, whatever the engine

  • HL2 sdk update tomorrow morning

    • static07
    • November 28, 2007 at 3:46 PM
    Quote from Rick_D

    everyone should just move over to unreal

    agree, I can barely work with the unreal engine 3 but I must agree. Having fooled around a bit with I must agree UE3 > Source on pretty every aspect.

  • mapCon: phase 2

    • static07
    • November 28, 2007 at 3:42 PM
    Quote from Zombie

    People are bitching, *cough* Belgiums *cough* to go to Stockholm.

    Belgians?

  • Favorite bands

    • static07
    • November 28, 2007 at 3:37 PM

    Dio

    Killswitch Engage

    Soil

    Soilwork

    Sonic Syndicate

    Alter Bridge

    In Flames

    Red

    10 Years

    Flyleaf

    Children Of Bodom

    Godsmack

    Disturbed

    Metallica

    Megadeth

    Incubus

    Mudvayne

    Sevendust

    Shinedown

    Saliva

    Mastodon

    just to name a few...

  • CS_Metroplex

    • static07
    • November 27, 2007 at 5:47 PM
    Quote from killertomato

    nice!but ehh.. whats that electricitypole doing there?

    it's a telepholone pole, for backwards compatibility

  • DM Krodan - WIP - UT3

    • static07
    • November 26, 2007 at 4:03 PM
    Quote from Thrik

    Yeah, rocks aren't going to be that shiny unless they're wet. You could get away with it if you somehow incorporated a watery theme into the shiny bits such as a waterfall, or perhaps just have rain.Even cooler would be to have intermittent rain, but I have no idea whether or not the editor could let you do that.

    they do get that shiney, but only with a lot of sun.

  • DM Krodan - WIP - UT3

    • static07
    • November 26, 2007 at 9:34 AM

    It just seems as they were lit on a cloudless summerday. Contrasting the cloudy sky. Materials need some tweaking.

    Looks good tho, as to be expected from you.

  • random photoshop stuff by me :s

    • static07
    • November 23, 2007 at 3:46 PM

    that's the only thing I did not do myself, the band's logo is just like that

  • Pixelgen_random texures

    • static07
    • November 23, 2007 at 2:20 PM
    Quote from Pericolos0

    nothing wrong with dodge and burn, aslong as you know that they also change the color saturation, not only the brightness/darkness. So dont use it if you just want to adjust that.

    true, I would use it on a grayscaled layer, where I make my lightning, then blend it over the rest of the texture layers.

    I find this the easiest, fastest method to create such metal textures

  • 3dsMax or Maya?

    • static07
    • November 23, 2007 at 12:15 PM

    so I have to try XSI now too? I've seen their website seems like easy to work with.

  • The Spire (Gears of War MP)

    • static07
    • November 23, 2007 at 11:32 AM

    Today is the day Sjoerd i'm getting UT3 when I'm off work

  • Pixelgen_random texures

    • static07
    • November 22, 2007 at 11:07 PM
    Quote from p2xelgen

    Thanks for tha e-freakt...I need some help...

    I'm trying to do the Hard surface texture tut but I'm not sure if I'm plainting scratches on right.:

    Image:

    [Blocked Image: http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n86/Pixelgen/666664.jpg]

    I'm using a brush with 1/2pixels around where I want the scratches, I'm using screen and opacity 76%. I'm also using Gaussain Blur to take the edge off ???

    looks like raffled cloth rather than scratches. Scratches on metal are very suprificial, I prefer to use the dodge tool, 1px, 100% hardness within a selection 2 pixels width.

    and work it out like this:

    [Blocked Image: http://www.staticeffect.com/random/scratches.jpg]

  • random photoshop stuff by me :s

    • static07
    • November 22, 2007 at 8:39 PM

    nothing spectactular, just a thread with some random stuff & wips in photoshop

    [Blocked Image: http://www.staticeffect.com/random/abbbcover_jewel.jpg]

    jewel case design for at that time upcoming album.

    [Blocked Image: http://www.staticeffect.com/random/1stconcept.jpg]

    A first very basic concept drawing for a level (UT3) spooking around in my head. needs a lot of detail added.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™