1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. static07

Posts by static07

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • static07
    • December 31, 2007 at 10:58 AM

    Mossy looks more inviting, go with it.

  • HOLP Map Pack for UT3

    • static07
    • December 22, 2007 at 9:57 PM
    Quote from KungFuSquirrel

    Did you seriously just attribute UT3 maps to Midway?

    Midway, Epic, Tomato, tomato...

  • totally random texture thread

    • static07
    • December 22, 2007 at 7:57 PM

    trying some style I have in my mind, as UT3 materials, still trying to figure out how cubemaps work :s

    [Blocked Image: http://www.staticeffect.com/maps/07_clean_wall1_material.jpg]

  • HOLP Map Pack for UT3

    • static07
    • December 22, 2007 at 6:02 PM

    thank you for these great maps

    imo all these maps outdo Midway's in a gameplay pov. And we all know, Gameplay > looks

  • Music library organization

    • static07
    • December 17, 2007 at 7:05 PM

    I use foobar 2000 as player, I just shuffle and skip songs mostly or I create a quick playlist and later delete it.

  • Welcome to the New Forums!!

    • static07
    • December 17, 2007 at 11:34 AM

    it confuses me, avatars on the right? that's like changing the toolbar to the right in Photoshop... handicaps the software (or just me)

  • UT3 DM-Elevation by warby release !

    • static07
    • December 15, 2007 at 12:14 PM

    You're aware of the bugs with the elevator. Other than that, the jumppads should drop you on the target if you don't move. the airtime you get makes you an easy target, if you're busy trying to land on a small platform you're a sitting (in mid air) duck as you can't really fire back.

    The bloom is to harsh, I don't mind the shadows, they look good. Item placement is to say the least akward (4 flaks?).

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • static07
    • December 12, 2007 at 10:57 AM

    What happens if you shoot a chav with a chavgun? does it bounce the projectile to you, turning you into a chav?

    And can you set traps with Bourbon?

  • Nanovirius Symbol WIP

    • static07
    • December 11, 2007 at 9:43 AM
    Quote from m8nkey

    Thanks for the feedback.Felix: I think I understand what you mean, having all the circular areas the same size. My first design did that but I prefered this one.

    Static07: I think the nanovirus is supposed to be some sort of biomechanical virus that affects humans and machines alike but not entirely sure. I should clarify that.

    I aggree the designs I came up with don't really suggest nano. How do those designs you made up suggest it? BTW I like the shape in the center of your design.

    the shape in te center represents a molecule, which are very small

    like these: [Blocked Image: http://openlearn.open.ac.uk/file.php/1605/SK183_1_002i.jpg]

  • Nanovirius Symbol WIP

    • static07
    • December 10, 2007 at 6:30 PM

    good attempts but I don't feel the nano, something that indicates very small.

    But aren't all viruses nano-sized? Or are we talking about nano-technologic viruses?

    Anyway if that would be the case I would opt for this direction of what I quickly whooped up:

    [Blocked Image: http://www.staticeffect.com/random/nanohazard.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.staticeffect.com/random/nanohazard2.jpg]

  • The new year is coming...

    • static07
    • December 9, 2007 at 2:54 PM

    in 2007 I was sterile on the whole gamedev thing

    in 2008 I hope to finish my first map in 4 years

  • [DOD:S] dod_snowblind_b1

    • static07
    • December 8, 2007 at 4:12 PM

    looks good, but I'm wondering... how the hell did the lights on the bridge survive what ever detroyed that roof?

    But yes, this maps stands out among custom DODS maps. GJ

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • static07
    • December 8, 2007 at 4:07 PM

    all glass needs frosting + what's been allready said

  • Stuff I've made for Decadence (HL2 mod)

    • static07
    • December 6, 2007 at 8:57 AM

    have some remaining glue where the paper got ripped.

    Looks quite good tho.

  • de_mistymountain

    • static07
    • December 6, 2007 at 8:55 AM

    how about cliffs, sea and tall buildings?

  • de_mistymountain

    • static07
    • December 6, 2007 at 8:43 AM

    pyramids?

  • Need help with scaling a room! *headdesk*

    • static07
    • December 4, 2007 at 12:27 AM
    Quote from Nexus

    and what new technology are you talking about? Crysis? Battlefield 2, U3?

    cant you see the level d3 is still on? Half life 1, he is still here on that level. Do you think it is better to move on a new technology when he already got problems with the old technology. I just want to say that; it is like a pyramide, if u can not do it right from the start, why climb up?

    if he missed his boat, fine, he did. but nothing does not prevent him to climb higher.. of course switching to a newer engine is better because as you understand it is new. But it depends on d3

    what has scaling to do with the dificulty op engines?

    neway, use reference photographs where your objects and poeple are displayed on.

  • Unreal Engine 3 - Official Video Tutorials

    • static07
    • December 3, 2007 at 11:12 PM

    video's not that I know of but Hourences wrote a good book on those things.

    http://www.hourences.com/book

  • Unreal Engine 3 - Official Video Tutorials

    • static07
    • December 3, 2007 at 10:01 PM

    yeah prolly, but I don't care

    If only stage6 was a bit faster and actually worked...

  • Unreal Engine 3 - Official Video Tutorials

    • static07
    • December 3, 2007 at 9:42 PM

    ah good I was cursing I didn't check the contents of the collectors edition and just bought the regular one. And later found out about the videos....

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™