1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. 2d-chris

Posts by 2d-chris

  • Red Alert 3 Announced...

    • 2d-chris
    • August 25, 2008 at 2:35 PM

    What Zap said is true, why do so many rts games want massive over scaled mech units, I prefer being stuck in with lots of smaller units than having a few "epic" units, even SC2 seems to be doing it all be it not on such a big scale. I know why they do it, I just can't justify it.

    On the other hand, I like the art style and way this game is looking.

  • Wrath of the Lich King Cinematic

    • 2d-chris
    • August 21, 2008 at 3:42 PM

    Blizzard rock so hard at making CG stuff

  • Weird computer problem

    • 2d-chris
    • August 19, 2008 at 6:45 PM

    I'm not any help here, but I had major problems because of a certain habu mircosoft mouse, it can completely fuck up your usb ports if you install it how they ask you to. Seriously stupid when a micosoft mouse doesnt work on their OS.

    It meant no mouse or usb port would work, madness! this is SPARTA

  • Under Siege - PSN

    • 2d-chris
    • August 19, 2008 at 6:42 PM

    Love the website good luck with the project.

  • My portfolio

    • 2d-chris
    • August 18, 2008 at 4:50 PM

    Hey Blue me old matey!

    all I have to say is ... IT'S ABOUT BLOODY TIME

    It seems the other people have noticed any minor issues with the portfolio

    You'll have no problem finding a job, a person of your talent. Just be ready for quite a serious pay cut from what you currently earn (I'd assume?) theres more money in carpentry but if you're looking for a change I think you'd love it.

  • INS_Abdallah

    • 2d-chris
    • August 16, 2008 at 2:32 PM

    Best ins map ever ... there I said it

  • ins_samawah (Insurgency)

    • 2d-chris
    • August 16, 2008 at 2:27 PM

    Love it always have and always will.

  • a lost gem

    • 2d-chris
    • August 16, 2008 at 2:25 PM

    A work of true art, you know I'm waiting for a game to replicate this old style of film making.

  • How You Got Into The Industry

    • 2d-chris
    • August 16, 2008 at 2:14 PM

    Good luck, for sure you're going to have allot of fun What I would do is join a few good mods teams once you are sure of the specific job you enjoy doing. The people who win in life do the most work or get very lucky

    A good mod release and a degree would be the hard work done.

  • How You Got Into The Industry

    • 2d-chris
    • August 16, 2008 at 12:49 AM

    Climax are a pleasure to work for ... infact have a guess what, so are EA!! unless your the kind of person who lets bad things happen to you and then blame somebody else for it

  • How You Got Into The Industry

    • 2d-chris
    • August 15, 2008 at 2:23 PM

    Ha, same for me, my parents thought all my late nights on the computer where of no real purpose, even though I explained many times that I was spending more time making them rather than playing. When I got into the industry they where very impressed One week they dropped me off at the studio so they wanted to see it, I suppose they thought it would be some basement with cadle light and feather pens

    The studio at climax is the entire top floor of that weird building on the right ...

    [Blocked Image: http://www.climaxgroup.com/web_resource/studio/action1.jpg]

  • the daily "how was your day?" extravaganza 2008

    • 2d-chris
    • August 15, 2008 at 2:02 PM

    Nice one freak

  • the daily "how was your day?" extravaganza 2008

    • 2d-chris
    • August 14, 2008 at 10:10 PM

    Woke up, spent a few hours setting up some drumkits, did a few lessons, got an email asking me back for a second interview with bizarre creations, played games and about to sleep!

  • the daily "how was your day?" extravaganza 2008

    • 2d-chris
    • August 12, 2008 at 3:49 PM

    Woke up, had breakfast with my gran, sorted out train tickets to liverpool for a job interview at Bizzare creations tommorow, printed some portfolio content out, went home and got to teach 3 people drums tonight

  • World War III anyone?

    • 2d-chris
    • August 12, 2008 at 1:31 AM

    Maybe I’m the odd one out here; I just try not to form opinions till I've personally been somewhere or talked to somebody (I'm not picking sides.) I'm so damned amazed that half of the western world really thinks that they understand conflicts and political motivations when they are nothing to do with it. I'm not trying to up my own Kudos points as I’ll quite happily admit to not understanding them. In fact come to think of it, nobody in ANY position can have a full grasp of a situation where people are being killed. So, forget about it rather than winding yourself up.

    It's rather amazing to me, that for example if I was born in Russia I would almost certainly be on their side, even without giving due course attention to the argument on the other side. This is the problem with the human race, we care more about our "country" or birth place than almost anything else, pretty messed up if you ask me. Can people really not consider the fact that if they where born in another country they would love it more so than anywhere else? (I'm aware not everyone loves there country, but most people do)

    Off topic maybe, but war is a complicated thing D:

  • level Design book Second Edition + Large Level Design Survey

    • 2d-chris
    • August 12, 2008 at 1:15 AM

    The Integral formations and consequences of level design.

  • World War III anyone?

    • 2d-chris
    • August 11, 2008 at 2:52 AM

    You still can, don't let the media play with your mind. Bad shit happens every day, I finally realised how much more enjoyable my life would be if I don't read the news, it's a shame most people have a craving for evil stories and feel that by attempting to understand them somehow it's helping (if not, whats the point at all?)

    I'd rather spend my time learning about all the good things people do everyday such as the Olympics.

  • level Design book Second Edition + Large Level Design Survey

    • 2d-chris
    • August 11, 2008 at 2:14 AM

    I think it's down to earth and would appeal to people, I'm kind of fed up with all the office talk and perfectly correct English, I prefer reading something as somebody might say it, the hows and whys is about as clear as it gets for me

  • World War III anyone?

    • 2d-chris
    • August 10, 2008 at 2:55 AM

    What a load of codswallop, war is just boys playing with toys.

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • 2d-chris
    • August 8, 2008 at 4:22 PM

    Good bass strings

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 8, 2026 at 7:49 PM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™