1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Zyn

Posts by Zyn

  • How did you succeed?

    • Zyn
    • December 13, 2004 at 10:16 PM

    You can look at what companies expect from you, like DICE : http://global.dice.se/work/qualifications/

  • How did you succeed?

    • Zyn
    • December 13, 2004 at 10:00 PM
    Quote from -Stratesiz-

    It's about talent and experience. Education is of secondary value.

    Where I live, it feels like it's the other way around . I have tons of experience but it doesn't show on the paper...

    I am going to try to get into a school about game design next year. I applied a year ago, but the examples I included of my work was a rushjob and that caused me to miss that year... but I'LL BE BACK!!!

  • Ann Coulter is the most ignorant bitch ever...

    • Zyn
    • December 13, 2004 at 9:19 PM

    ........

    http://62.153.249.21/Ondemand/viva/onde ... sl.wmv.asx

    :-?

  • ANY BOTS PLEASE

    • Zyn
    • December 12, 2004 at 4:37 PM

    [Blocked Image: http://maddox.xmission.com/keyboard4.jpg]

    kekeke ;|~~

  • POST PICTURES OF YOUR VEHICLE

    • Zyn
    • December 12, 2004 at 11:09 AM

    [Blocked Image: http://www.shatteredminds.net/skit/volvo.jpg]

  • newbie...NEWBIE!!

    • Zyn
    • December 11, 2004 at 6:07 PM

    Greetings.

    Whoa, I thought 800mhz CPUs only could be seen at museums these days :S .

  • dm_rebar

    • Zyn
    • December 11, 2004 at 2:35 PM

    Good work, and I have some suggestions:

    - Make the ground into a displacement also. You can make your own blended materials for this, so you can keep the current texture and add spots of grass, together with detail.vbsp to add 2D-grass detail sprites on the grass-spots on the displacement (omg, hard to read eh?). Some bulges here and there but not mountainpeaks .

    - Spotlights in dark areas, like the red cagelight-prop with an intense red light_spot pitched downwards from the prop.

    - Env_sun

  • HL2DM : Bounce - beta 2 (teh remake)

    • Zyn
    • December 10, 2004 at 9:48 PM
    Quote from von*ferret

    lol yes, you designed a winner all by yourself

    Looks good other than the fact its a port. I'd like to see your talent and creativity put around something that is truly original.

    I have some ideas stored for later .

    This remake of Bounce was from the start just a way to get me started on learning how Source works compared to Goldsource. As you can see, this turned into something other players can enjoy too...

    It has been fun making it, since it has done what I wanted : Learned me Source. I still don't understand all the entities yet, but it's a head start.

  • HL2DM : Bounce - beta 2 (teh remake)

    • Zyn
    • December 10, 2004 at 9:26 PM
    Quote from jayrabbit

    ...was that cheap techno music really necassary?

    I can't stand silent movies !

  • HL2DM : Bounce - beta 2 (teh remake)

    • Zyn
    • December 10, 2004 at 6:36 PM

    Alright, here's BETA 2 of my Bounce remake.

    http://www.shatteredminds.net/pafiledb/ ... file&id=22

    Changelog:

    Beta 2

    ------

    * Soundscapes! Environment sounds and echos! (backup your scripts/soundscapes_manifest.txt, if it exists)

    * Some texturechanges.

    * Added more detail and changed lightsetting in room with ladder leading to magnum and exit-pipe.

    * Added more detail at healthcharger-room.

    * Grass now shows on all grass surfaces.

    * Light moved away from healthcharger-room ladder-exit, and placed in the watercave.

    * Missing clipbrushes fixed. Can no longer get up on the high terrain.

    * Lots of glitches fixed.

    * Changed, removed and added props to throw around. (Paintbuckets!)

    - The water in the cave still change cubemap depending from where you look at it. Will be fixed before beta 3 or final.

    - The soundscapes are not final.

    Preview-video, instead of screenshots : http://www.shatteredminds.net/skit/beta2.wmv

    As a comment to that video:

    19:03| (+Jezpuh) crappiest music

    19:03| (+Jezpuh) EVAR

  • Bounce (remake for HL2DM)

    • Zyn
    • December 9, 2004 at 10:15 AM

    Some updates:

    http://www.shatteredminds.net/skit/boing18.jpg

    * Soundscapes!

    * Many bugs and glitches fixed, like: You can no longer acess the top of the terrain anymore, due to missing clip-brushes.

    * The light above the watertunnel-ladder has been moved to the watercave.

    * More props to throw around. I bet you want to use the paintbuckets to paint your opponents .

    * Some texturechanges.

    * The water in the cave still changes cubemap depending on what angle you look at it from :evil: .

    I'll most likely get a second beta out for tonight/today .

  • HL2DM : Bounce - BETA 1

    • Zyn
    • December 7, 2004 at 8:54 AM
    Quote from FrieChamp

    Nexus your retarded reviews start to be annoying...

    I agree...

    I'll work more on the map today I think, cause yesterday the only thing I did was resting ...

  • HL2DM : Bounce - BETA 1

    • Zyn
    • December 6, 2004 at 10:43 AM

    Yeah cracky, I'll try fix those things for next beta. I will only use props for lights and some details, but nothing that has a major impact on the gameplay.

  • de_shapingcity

    • Zyn
    • December 6, 2004 at 10:35 AM

    dm_propcity ... :roll:

  • HL2DM : Bounce - BETA 1

    • Zyn
    • December 5, 2004 at 11:02 PM

    Heh, that ladder is funny, I know it's kinda bugged, but if you stop and press jump forward it usually fix it

  • HL2DM : Bounce - BETA 1

    • Zyn
    • December 5, 2004 at 10:14 PM

    The moment you have been waiting for (while drunk)!

    HL2DM - Bounce beta 1

    http://www.shatteredminds.net/pafiledb/ ... file&id=21

    My host likes sometimes to go down for no reason. If that happen, wait an hour .

    Read the included TXT-file for more info...

  • Evil~ riddle!

    • Zyn
    • December 5, 2004 at 7:31 PM
    Quote from Bic-B@ll

    http://deathball.net/notpron/true/gototheothersite.htmcant get past that :\

    Hint: Raise your gamma

  • Bounce (remake for HL2DM)

    • Zyn
    • December 5, 2004 at 6:59 PM
    Quote from hamst3r

    wow, bounce was my favorite hldm map...i cant wait for this. its looking very good and sexy. and btw how did you make that grass =?

    Me and a couple of others asked the same thing.... after googling around, I found an answer : http://www.chatbear.com/board.plm?a=vie ... &v=flatold

  • Bounce (remake for HL2DM)

    • Zyn
    • December 5, 2004 at 4:44 PM

    Doesn't hurt to try

    Oh, I forgot, I am the untitled world champion on being lazy...

  • Bounce (remake for HL2DM)

    • Zyn
    • December 5, 2004 at 4:30 PM
    Quote from EviLTaxi

    of course they suck by now but they are supposed to be something like this:

    [Blocked Image: http://www.imagedancer.com/media/images/product_detail/TitleRedRockCanyons300.jpg]

    and that's what I would luv to see in a remake...

    but tell us, is this map for the mapping contest or not? cuz if it is, there is no need to try to convince you to use other textures for the rocks! :wink:

    Since this map is not for the contest, I'll see if I can find some "pink rocks" texture and try it ...

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™