1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Zyn

Posts by Zyn

  • Post pics of your city

    • Zyn
    • May 1, 2005 at 3:04 PM

    Was out taking pics when I had to walk to the store and buy stuff.

    This is just a part of wonderful Charlottenberg:

    http://www.shatteredminds.net/skit/chberg

    What I bought : http://www.shatteredminds.net/skit/dew.jpg ... cheap...

  • Guns and ammo .. except the ammo ... but knives!

    • Zyn
    • April 27, 2005 at 10:27 PM

    I've been taking pics of the rifles and knives my dad collected during the years (until he passed away April 1989). While getting the stuff out of the wardrobe, I found a small medalcase too, containing 2 nazi-germany badges. Since I'm interested in WWII-stuff, I was amazed to find it laying around on a shelf. Here's the pics:

    http://shatteredminds.net/weapons/

    Links below the medal-image to close-up images of the badges. They seem a little bit blurred, due to I havn't mastered my new camera quite yet, sorry .

  • Kill Box Cheese

    • Zyn
    • April 23, 2005 at 9:22 AM

    Killbox sucks. That's it.

  • dm_gits

    • Zyn
    • April 11, 2005 at 2:40 PM

    Some ref-pics from the movie:

    [Blocked Image: http://shatteredminds.net/skit/caps/gitscap1.jpg][Blocked Image: http://shatteredminds.net/skit/caps/gitscap2.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://shatteredminds.net/skit/caps/gitscap3.jpg][Blocked Image: http://shatteredminds.net/skit/caps/gitscap4.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://shatteredminds.net/skit/caps/gitscap5.jpg][Blocked Image: http://shatteredminds.net/skit/caps/gitscap6.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://shatteredminds.net/skit/caps/gitscap7.jpg][Blocked Image: http://shatteredminds.net/skit/caps/gitscap8.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://shatteredminds.net/skit/caps/gitscap9.jpg][Blocked Image: http://shatteredminds.net/skit/caps/gitscap10.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://shatteredminds.net/skit/caps/gitscap11.jpg][Blocked Image: http://shatteredminds.net/skit/caps/gitscap12.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://shatteredminds.net/skit/caps/gitscap13.jpg][Blocked Image: http://shatteredminds.net/skit/caps/gitscap14.jpg]

    - It should only rain from broken parts of the glass/ceiling.

    - The pillars are thinner and more extend outwards, compared to your map.

    - The mesh holding the glass is thinner.

    - Rebars on broken pillars. Stone shatters easier than metal, heh.

    - The extensions on the stair are sloped flat surfaces.

    - It looks like you already are using a thin layer water on the floor, but try using a less "blueish" water and only have the floor itself have a tone of blue. Also try increasing the range for expensive water (water_lod_control).

  • dm_gits

    • Zyn
    • April 10, 2005 at 3:20 PM

    Heh, I see where from this map is inspired: GITS - Ghost In The Shell , near the end of the movie, when Major Motoko Kusanagi battles against a tank, when Bateau shows up in the last second and hoses it with a *cough* small gun.

    I don't see any "Tree of life" illustration on the wall up the stairs . It is a bit dark though, and it would be nice with more blown off peices, like in the movie after the tank-battle (maybe broken glass-roof too). But it's your choice if you want the map to look like before or after the battle, heh.

    I wonder if it's possible to have a chopper fly by from time to time, since the Combine helicopter is almost the same as the choppers seen in GITS, just for the atmosphere.

  • Now playing

    • Zyn
    • April 8, 2005 at 11:58 PM

    Planetside ... right now, I am about to drop on base Kusag on the Ishundar continent...

  • gfm_merderet

    • Zyn
    • April 6, 2005 at 7:00 PM

    Sexcellent. I wonder if we'll see something like this DoD:Source ...

  • Snow-War goes DS !

    • Zyn
    • April 1, 2005 at 12:31 PM

    HI, MY NAME IS APRIL, AND THIS MY FRIEND "FOOLS".

  • Bounce - remake project - FINAL

    • Zyn
    • March 27, 2005 at 10:35 PM

    Dang, I knew I should've used 255 255 000 2000 @ Brightness

  • Bounce - remake project - FINAL

    • Zyn
    • March 27, 2005 at 5:30 PM

    Got some pics up. I took some like 15 minutes ago, but they turned out crap (red lines all over them!).

  • Bounce - remake project - FINAL

    • Zyn
    • March 27, 2005 at 5:04 PM

    That's it, now I've released a final version of my Bounce remake. To be honest, I can't be bothered anymore about it, since I am working on the "Black Mesa:Source" team, and will move on to the next remake (to be included in the mod).

    Preview, download, changelog and stuff can be found here : http://%7boption%7d

    Happy easter

  • Post your desktop!

    • Zyn
    • March 21, 2005 at 4:12 PM

    http://www.talonse.com/supergreg.swf

  • Post your desktop!

    • Zyn
    • March 21, 2005 at 6:06 AM

    [Blocked Image: http://www.shatteredminds.net/skit/evilroom.jpg]

    Shitty camera

  • Bounce (remake for HL2DM)

    • Zyn
    • March 16, 2005 at 8:04 AM

    I'VE RAPED IT, LLLOLLLLLO : http://www.shatteredminds.net/bounce/bounce-wip.wmv (short clip from last compile)

    >_>

    Moved the clip to the screenshot-folder, kthx.

  • Forums

    • Zyn
    • March 11, 2005 at 2:55 PM

    Batteries to power, turbines to speed!

  • Forums

    • Zyn
    • March 10, 2005 at 2:36 PM

    HALLELUJA!!!

  • The Best Email Ever

    • Zyn
    • January 28, 2005 at 11:45 PM

    "TSUNAMI RELIEF tsunami tsunami tsunami"

    Errr? "Omg I have to see if I can spell tsunami... ts... tsu... tsu.. oh I got, I got! I write it 3 times to be sure!"

  • HL2 mods with Photoshop CS and 3ds MAX

    • Zyn
    • January 28, 2005 at 9:48 AM

    Uhm, have you worked with these applications before :roll: ? Or worked with anything related to 3D-modelling and texturing?

  • Students Arrested Over 'Violent' Stick Figure Drawings

    • Zyn
    • January 26, 2005 at 10:37 PM

    To be arrested for such a thing is just retarded. Are they supposed to draw pretty horses at school? One day, these boys will grow up to men, and watch voilent movies (Braindead, Ischi The Killer, etc) while drinking a keg of beer and belching loudly and proudly.

  • Its growing!

    • Zyn
    • January 26, 2005 at 11:16 AM

    The interiors of a Fembot

    ..

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™