You uninstall the game faster than you install it.
see what I did there?
You uninstall the game faster than you install it.
see what I did there?
I wonder if they even had people on QA for the PC-version. Probably not. Or if there was, they were probably a bunch of console fanboys, or ultimatelly ignored. How the lobby-system could slip under the radar for PC is a mystery. For every time I play this game, I just keep telling myself "Wow, did I really pay $60 for THIS?". I bought it cause I had some money to spare and wanted to have a game to kill time with until Battlefield Bad Company 2 is released (oh snap, beta soon!). Now the 'buyers regret' is creeping up on me, realising it's a peice of shit port from console to PC.
I keep raging at the Field of View being so damn narrow, I constantly keep running into door frames rather than through it, and enemies running up to me stabbing me in the face while under normal Field of View conditions in proper games, I would have no problem seeing the damn asshole. I also like how IW didn't see that the Scavenger-perk gives people infinite "noobtubes". Why bother aiming at your enemy when you can just go PLUNK---**BOOM**---KACHUNK and restock on nades from the enemy corpse? I like how there is still nothing being done about the Care Package Marker sprint. So in future warfare, all we'll see is people running around stabbing each other, while holding a tiny green smoke canister.
Some of the maps are just plain horrible. "Sub Base" have broken spawns; fun stuff giving the enemy free kills by spawning pretty much next to him. "Wasteland" is snipers digging in at every possible location, waiting people out until time runs out or they camp for kills until they get an overpowered aerial killstreak award. "Scrapyard" ... GTFO! At least the maps made by our dear mapcorian Composite are OK'ish.
Speaking of killstreaks, the Nuke shouldn't even be in the damn game! If there's something I don't want, it's getting thrown back to the lobby before a game ends, where you have to wait for AT LEAST a minute before being able to get your ass kicked again (this doesn't happen with dedicated ser- ... oh wait, IW doesn't care about this, never mind). The Nuke also gives the users team the win, which is completely retarded as well. Even if your team is doing a fantastic job at racking up points, be it in Domination or TDM, you lose all cause of a camping jackoff enemy getting the nuke.
There's tons more of stuff I could rant about, but knowing nothing will be done about this, all I've posted could just been a huge wall of nothing. It really feels like IW got their money, and just ran off. "Harrdiharr, the peasants shelled out lots of money for our overpriced product ... OFF TO THE BAHAMAS! FOR EVER!". And I bet "Finding the best host" is a running joke within the office...
st0lve : I was in a party with a buddy of mine, and we ended up on different teams in TDM.
But the PC-beta gets quadbikes! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Just took the time to watch through all of the parts, and god damn it's brilliant. It's spot on.
Realism Mode in BC2 = Hardcore Hardcore Mode, that just clicking it gives you hair on your chest!
http://www.destructoid.com/being-more-t ... 8239.phtml
Gasp! What's this? More BF:BC2 info? Hell yes it is! Oh, and about half way:
QuoteInterestingly, EA and DICE have introduced a new feature for the game. Called Realism mode, body parts can be more realistically damaged, and it take fewer shots to make a kill. Friendly fire is on, there is no kill cam, mini map is gone, enemies don't show up with icons, and there is no crosshair. It is a mode for people well beyond my skill level, and the ranking here should help separate the wheat from the chaff.
Modern Battlefield 2 ![]()
Squad Deathmatch Walkthrough video. Also we get a first look at a Jungle theme map!
[gametrailers]60101[/gametrailers]
New Battlefield Moments video out, this time not taking place in Arica Harbour!
Quote from Warbyi look at work from people who are ridiculously better than me than i say(think) FUCK YOU FOR BEING SO GOOD ... ILL SHOW YOU !!!
and get cracking !
seriously nothing motivates like a healthy blend of anger and envy
I am the opposite. "Shit, that guy made some fantastic stuff ... I will never be that good, not going to even try ... *goes back to WoW*"
Apparently it has been patched today to fix that glitch, but I read that it's not on the Xbox ![]()
Should I feel ashamed by telling that I bought them already? ![]()
Funny thing is, I am hardly using them either, as I got Grunty the Murloc pet from BlizzCon '09
NetLimiter + Peer2Peer network + you're the host = ![]()
http://www.2dtf.be/wp-content/uploads/2 ... ctions.jpg
http://www.2dtf.be/wp-content/uploads/2 ... abused.jpg
It's a legimate way to cheat! You can FORCE every other player to have massive latency.
I think you mean "Black Dynamite" , a newly released movie which is a spoof on the blaxploitation-movies from the 70's. I've seen it and I chuckled real good.
Developers need to realise that you only have low FOV on consoles to compensate for the distance the player is sitting away from the monitor, where you are up to several meters away. And far from everyone have giant flatscreen TV's.
Now on PC, that's a whole other story as you sit at an average of 50-60cm away from the monitor, and low FOV gives the game an appearance of always being zoomed in. I don't get motion sickness of low FOV but I do get this feeling of being part of a shaky ride, making it annoying to play. So in Borderlands, I bound my movement-keys to adjust the FOV to 95 , which is about the ideal FOV for 1680x1050 (16:10) resolution. Suddenly everything seemed to have more correct proportions, and of course I could see more of the world around me, like it should at a proper FOV.
Because CONSOLES ![]()
PC beta delayed until early next year (January?), but don't cry as there's delicious information about the PC version:
QuoteDisplay MoreHey all, We wanted to update you, and slow the flood of tweets, on questions surrounding the BFBC2 PC Beta being cancelled. I'll get right to it and say "the BFBC2 PC Beta is not cancelled". Now this all started due to changes made to an earlier blog that removed the PC Beta from the details and the reason for this was the plan changed. With the huge success of the PS3 Beta we decided to drastically increase the PC Beta's capacity to insure as many people as possible could participate. Unfortunately this meant we had to delay the Beta to very early next year giving us more planning time to make it happen and implement more optimizations.
Here is a recap of the current PC features, and we can now confirm DX11 support with more details to come later!
PC Enhanced Features
* Up to 32 Players on PC (24 on consoles) - Play with up to 32 players online in the biggest multiplayer Maps in Battlefield. Each with a different tactical and gameplay focus set across a variety of environments.
* Full DirectX 9, 10 & 11 Support - Immerse yourself in the Battlefield world as Frostbite engine brings tanks, helicopters and explosions to vivid life on your PC. The game will fully support Windows XP, Vista, and 7 with new tech that further improves things like lighting and shadows.
* Enhanced Gameplay - The PC version also includes wide peripheral support like Joysticks for flying, NVDIA 3D Vision, Logitech LCD Keyboards and VoIP Support plus a variety of specific features tailored for PC play.
* Friend Support - Find your friends online with the new buddy list to see if and who is online so you can quickly join their game.
* Dedicated Ranked Server - Everyone gets non-stop action with no connection penalties based on some other player's internet. Ranked Server Provider program will give players opportunity to rent their own server(s) located in professional grade datacenters, ability to modify settings like map rotation, create reserved slots for friends or clan members, kick & Ban players, and custom name your ranked server.
* Clan Support & Private Servers - Independent Clan Tag, and ability to rent servers for hosting and controlling private password protected competitive servers with expanded control over the settings from public ranked servers.
* PC Squad Play System - Updated from previous Battlefield PC titles now gives control of your squad before heading into combat.
The Dedicated Servers part is pretty much an obvious poke at Infinity Ward ![]()
Source : http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlef ... -not.aspx##
And all achievements have been reset again for the 9001st time.