Posts by Tequila
-
-
-
-
-
-
Not long to wait!
-
I have the Logictech Z-640s are they are so good my ears bleed in delight.
They're also extremely cheap; all you need for 5.1 PC gaming, DVD watching and .mp3 listening.
-
-
Quote from RDDisplay More
i posted a whole post, then i had to sign in and it was lost. Zaphod cant u fix it for me, ive got to sign in 5 times an hour now;(Anyway what i posted was this:
-landmines...
-a carbomb that xplodes when u get 2close
-a wall of fire
-a wall of water (it culd b a tidalwave)
-a berlin wall
-an iron curtain
-u culd also play a trick on depth perception, shrink the road/buildings/textures and evrything else so it looks like ur staring way deep into the distance, but its actually still pretty close it just looks far away cuz its scaled down.
Iron curtains and Berlin walls get my vote.
-
Very lovely textures, and the idea of a Silent Hill-esque experience fills me with joy, but I can't commit to such a project at the mo.

-
Haha, you guys are harsh but fair.
-
-
-
Quote from Zaphod
aside from the terrain, which is really only good for terrain, there are no patch meshes or anything like that, everything has to be modeled in a modeling package and compiled/exported and placed as a model in hammer. For bloodlines, each level designer was more like a level artist, we did all of our own textures and models, essentially doing every level from scratch. This method had it's pros and cons, although I could see taking a different approach for the next project, I think this method eventually served best for the situation we were faced with.
Aww, I wanted to be able to create smooth pipes without any of this modelling non-sense. I thought the new Hammer had a torus-tool just for such a purpose?
-
It's rather good, all I can recommend is more ambient sounds and the use of trims on pipes.
-
Smoke 'em if you got 'em!
-
Thanks for the heads-up Zaph, great details on Source's inner-workings.
-
-
-