1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Tequila

Posts by Tequila

  • Ns_Vapid :I

    • Tequila
    • November 17, 2004 at 5:50 AM
    Quote from KIIIA

    sry , but the map is in my oppinion somewhere about 70% from 100%For a first map real good , but just for a first map.Lighting could use a lot of tuning.That redlight trim looks ugly and crates aren`t too innovative.

    But what i really like is the paper laying around in the commando central , the first time i see that in NS.Makes a big plus in atmosphere.

    I'd say it's good for any mapper to release, not just a first map (and this isn't Spacer's first map, what he meant was his first properly released map).

    Oh, and he stole the paper on floor idea off my old NS map.

  • Half-Life 2

    • Tequila
    • November 17, 2004 at 12:11 AM

    Too good.

    And I guess I've been lucky; I've had no bugs or crashes so far. Somehow it looks better and yet plays better than CS:S.

  • scary games

    • Tequila
    • November 15, 2004 at 6:50 PM
    Quote from JynxDaddy

    Why has no one mentioned the Haunted house level in mario 64, I had nightmares about that.Resident Evil on the gamecube is hella scary if you can stand the gameplay, I nearly shat my pants as I watched a zombie slowly.... well I wont spoil anything incase you havent played it 'yet'. But it was a slow thing, so it wasnt a cheap scare. I stopped playing because I needed to pick up an item but my inventory was full and you cant drop stuff.

    Aww you should really complete the REmake; it's too awesome, you just need to manage your inventory better!

  • Time for things to change.

    • Tequila
    • November 15, 2004 at 6:47 PM
    Quote from kleinluka

    Well I disagree with the thread. I think Mapcore does indeed need a change, but away from the stupid and pointless posts and towards focused critique on artworks and a more mature community that attracts newcomers instead of scaring them away D:

    Ding ding ding! We have a winner!

  • Time for things to change.

    • Tequila
    • November 15, 2004 at 2:12 AM
    Quote from JynxDaddy

    I would like to see some big write ups on the Design aspect of mapping, because its relevant to everyone (if not why are you here).And I would like to read it

    Here's a write-up for you:

    "Design is law."

    Then again, look where that got Romero.

  • World of Warcraft - Open beta

    • Tequila
    • November 14, 2004 at 8:08 PM

    MMORPGs bore me to tears, so sadly I'm not excited about this or any other game in the genre.

  • UT2004: Jin-Roh - PanzerCop

    • Tequila
    • November 14, 2004 at 8:06 PM

    Nice.

  • The Official "I Got Half-life 2!" thread!

    • Tequila
    • November 14, 2004 at 6:47 PM
    Quote from Mazy

    Wait? No wait for playing the game, just some waiting until I get the box and wait until I can play it onlineI'll probably be playing it tomorrow or something

    Ah phew. Well online is fun, but the singleplayer is the real meat, so no worries there.

  • The Official "I Got Half-life 2!" thread!

    • Tequila
    • November 14, 2004 at 6:40 PM
    Quote from Mazy

    Sadly I'll have to fulldemo it until December 10th, cuz the Collectors Edition wont be out here until then (I have no idea why those fucktards dont release the regular n ce versions at the same time, but wutevr)But Im not really in a rush to try the multiplayer, and I'd rather wait than feel stupid that I bought the regular version

    You're insane. The CE is just a rubbish t-shirt and bastard taster of the Prima Strategy Guide and Making Of book - neither is the full thing. December 10th is an awful long time to wait for the best game ever.

  • The Official "I Got Half-life 2!" thread!

    • Tequila
    • November 14, 2004 at 4:52 PM

    BRILLIANT. Have fun licking the packaging while I play CS:S.

  • Time for things to change.

    • Tequila
    • November 13, 2004 at 11:47 PM

    Exactly. Mapcore's a creative environment, not a circus for pity's sake!

  • The Real Story of HL2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    • Tequila
    • November 13, 2004 at 7:16 PM
    Quote from Zaphod

    my favorite parts are the ones where they state that near the end of the project the tools were finally becoming useable. not like that would keep them from liscencing the engine out still. *cough*

  • The Real Story of HL2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    • Tequila
    • November 13, 2004 at 4:56 PM

    Yeah. A good read.

  • IN THIS THREAD I WILL ANSWER YOUR SOURCE QUESTIONS

    • Tequila
    • November 13, 2004 at 4:06 PM

    http://%7boption%7d

    Above is an updated .fgd and assorted content pack that re-enables the camera entity for CS:S, among other things. It works just fine in multiplayer.

  • IN THIS THREAD I WILL ANSWER YOUR SOURCE QUESTIONS

    • Tequila
    • November 12, 2004 at 7:19 PM
    Quote from DelaZ

    :roll:

    You can cut those rolling eyes right now. I tried that tut. vid a while ago and it totally wouldn't play. I'll try again now.

    Edit: updated my codecs, a nice little tutorial, sir. Thing is, I already knew how to do this yet there must have been some small detail I was missing, because now it has worked fine.

    Double edit: And this was dragging and dropping from the counter-strike source folder, not the sourcesdk one, so I guess I don't have to tell VTEX where it all is after all.

  • IN THIS THREAD I WILL ANSWER YOUR SOURCE QUESTIONS

    • Tequila
    • November 12, 2004 at 7:06 PM

    How do I tell VTEX where my .tgas are to be converted? They're currently in C:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\[email protected]\counter-strike source\cstrike\materialsrc and apparently I should tell it this using the '-game' tag, but that just utterly fails.

  • IN THIS THREAD I WILL ANSWER YOUR SOURCE QUESTIONS

    • Tequila
    • November 12, 2004 at 3:45 PM
    Quote from kleinluka

    I saw some cube mapping in css so i'm pretty sure it's possible. Check if the file is read only? What "file" are you talking about anyway?

    No, X-Tender's right. When you try and use the "buildcubemaps" command in the console, as the SDK tutorial tells you to do, it says the map cannot be written to.

  • Good game shop in the UK?

    • Tequila
    • November 12, 2004 at 3:40 PM

    I'm pretty annoyed today cause I've been looking all over 2 separate cities here in the North-East of England, and none at all are stocking the 'Making Of HL2' book.

    Amazon it is then.

  • Mappers Required

    • Tequila
    • November 11, 2004 at 10:37 PM
    Quote from mikezilla

    mapcore is team mapping you dolts.you guys are way too mean about stuff lately.

    gonna stop dropping bans soon.

    Well, to be fair, I and many other members of the community have given Nexus so many chances in the past, and he squandered each one. I really can't bring myself to forgive him.

  • Anonymous essay from a spouse of an EA employee

    • Tequila
    • November 11, 2004 at 8:28 PM

    Yeah Izuno, SSX 3 is ace. EA Big redeem the company as a whole some what.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 8, 2026 at 7:49 PM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™