Yeah, brushwork and layout seems nice, but not even Half-Life 1 has to look that... vaseline.
Posts by Tequila
-
-
Quote from Crackerjack
Well Im droppin out, im going on a vacation today and wont get back till the Jan 4th soooo looks like im out of time .. heh.. Anyways good luck to all who finished their maps and submitted them
Same here. My essay deadline for the 10th of Jan. is simply too tight. Ah well, best of luck to the rest of you!
-
-
Christmas. Merry!
-
We'd keep Nexus in business for years.

-
-
-
You should have stuck to the Ravenholm theme, but instead been original. I can't see much benefit in recreating Valve's work, and we, the audience, certainly don't get our fancies tickled.
-
It's elementary, my dear Watson.
-
-
Why does it have to be something? I prefer deathmatch maps that stick to the classic HL1 non-sequitur style.
Looks great.
-
Like Marcos said, the textures are overscaled. You're wasting the crisp 512x512 love.
-
Quote from skdr
point_spotlight is your friend, awesome entity
remember to check the "non-dynamic" flag in the options for better performance.Yeah, and if you want it to look good with a light model, most of the time you have to make the model non-solid (under the collision tab) otherwise the point_spotlight gets occluded and doesn't render.
-
Lighting strikes me as awesome the most. Great work.
-
Wouldn't for BiA it be: "OK, got a lovely tree here from the artists. Now, I just need to consult thousands of maps, accounts and photographs to calculate the EXACT position of the thing during D-Day, and if I get it even a millimetre wrong, then I'm sacked"?

-
Quote from jediyoshi
[Blocked Image: http://img92.exs.cx/img92/4742/dotdotdot2hy.gif]
Is that bizarre sexuality code? Man, I'm behind the times...
-
-
-
It looks worse than HL1, and this isn't no harsh baseless put-down. Seriously, how have you squandered the 512x512 love? Everything is so blurred, bland and boxy. Serious reimagining is required.
-
Quote from OL
honestly i dont know what you guys are talking about.the textures are bland, the brushwork overall is ugly, the lighting is awful, they completely changed the maps location (this might be good though)
but honestly how can you guys say its a good looking map, it feels like a hl2world 'OMG I PORTED PRODIGY' thread
You're talking shit.